Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Posts about the old Syfy Forums.

Go down 
+10
Skycastle
nerdatnight
Tuck
Scraper101
madskillz
frickaline
AzaliaRazor
Annoyed
ford plasko
TRUE LIBERTY
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
frickaline

Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Hello, all.

I just wanted to say I've left syfy forums just today. My reason for leaving was a specific moderator failing behave in a fashion befitting the position. I was a very new member there but I don't think I will be returning after being trolled by a moderator. I think its pretty damning for a forum to have bad moderation.
Back to top Go down
AzaliaRazor

AzaliaRazor

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:55 am

I still go there. The one hit wonders are what are driving me crazy. Too many to make sense of have the time.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:50 pm

frickaline wrote:
Hello, all.

I just wanted to say I've left syfy forums just today. My reason for leaving was a specific moderator failing behave in a fashion befitting the position. I was a very new member there but I don't think I will be returning after being trolled by a moderator. I think its pretty damning for a forum to have bad moderation.
Welcome aboard. I think I know what mod you are talking about. That mod has been reported several times by more then one person. Yet admin one refuses to do anything to the mod. After a big battle with the mod Squall told the mod to leave me alone.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: How is she still a mod?   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 4:08 pm

MockingbirdGirl How is she still a mod?

PipPipPipPip

Add as Friend
   PM this member

Group: Full Members

Posted Yesterday, 11:38 PM

Quote :
View PostFarscape699, on 14 May 2011 - 04:52 PM, said:
However, the going "rumor" is that Syfy is paying, approximately, 30mil/yr for the rights to air Smackdown

That's at least $10 million less than, say, a season of SGU... but no doubt $10 million is chump change to a swell like you. ;) And, according to Craig Engler as recently as today, about 3 million live viewers each week.

So, once again: cheaper to produce than scripted drama, higher ratings. You have yet to provide any data to the contrary.

View PostFarscape699, on 14 May 2011 - 04:52 PM, said:
Syfy had complete rights to shows like Farscape and could make money on DVD sales, merchandise, video games, etc.

Syfy does not profit from DVD sales or merchandising. That goes to the rights holders, not the content distributor (MGM for Stargate merchandising, Jim Henson Productions and Hallmark for Farscape, etc.).
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: MBG at it again   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:36 pm

MBG at it again

I see she removed my comment about Patriotism from the "Falling Skies" thread, but she didn't remove the original insult post against patriots and the tea party.

I guess political statements are ok as long as they are insults against the tea partiers.

Last edited by eber322 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:33 pm

eber322 wrote:
I see she removed my comment about Patriotism from the "Falling Skies" thread, but she didn't remove the original insult post against patriots and the tea party.

I guess political statements are ok as long as they are insults against the tea partiers.
I hate say this however I thought it was going to happen at least you didn't get a warning.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: F'ing pscard!!! That little weasel.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:20 pm

F'ing pscard!!! That little weasel.

That little s--t head is still complaining about my avatar on Styfy. He's just so offended by that pic where it looks like Picard is flipping the bird that he's still bitching about it two years after he first complained.

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2356701

pscard wrote:
For the most part, clicking the Report button helps and I've been very happy with the moderators response. However, there was a time when I reported an offensive avatar, but nothing was ever done about it. That member still continues to use it.

And yeah he's talking about me, no doubt about it.

Last edited by eber322 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 7:19 pm

So I responded to that thread. Do not know what is going to happen but I blew that picture up and it is what you said was.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:15 pm

:cheers: I like that avatar. :cheers:

These days, There are sooooo many people I'd like to flip off.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Check this response out it is funny.

View Postmirrorloki, on 12 August 2011 - 12:00 PM, said:
Quote :
So you are saying that this IS NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY FORUM then? Because if so, then I will happily spread the word so people will know to block their children's access to it if they wish. My whole issue hinges around the fact that Mods (and an Admin) have used the arguement that this is supposed to be a Family Friendly Board in the past to justify deletions. If this is NOT the case, if YOU are telling me that it not a Family Friendly Board at all and that the previous statements by Mods (and an Admin) are in error, then I'll happily conceed the point and let it go. On YOUR say so.
Which MBG replied below.
Again, the moderation standards are determined by the board owners, not by you. If you find these standards too permissive, you have the option to look elsewhere. Sorry you did not enjoy your stay.

I now return you all to your regularly scheduled discussion about... y'know, science fiction. B)

Then Ebers favorite person in the whole wild world said this.

Quote :
I've known MBG for several years on this board and have a good idea of her personality. While she is one of the nicest mods around, she also takes her responsibility seriously. That being said, the problem with IMs, email, and texting, is that body language and vocal tones are not conveyed, therefore, it's easy to misunderstand a person during conversations such as this.

Can anyone say suck up.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:36 pm

He's a total suck up. I still think he wants a mod position, they day they make him one I'll quit Styfy's forums.

As far as MBG goes, she's the worst mod I've ever seen on Styfy or anywhere else. Any mod that causes more problems than she fixes, and who uses her power to silence people she has a personal problem with doesn't deserve the job.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:08 pm

eber322 wrote:
He's a total suck up. I still think he wants a mod position, they day they make him one I'll quit Styfy's forums.

As far as MBG goes, she's the worst mod I've ever seen on Styfy or anywhere else. Any mod that causes more problems than she fixes, and who uses her power to silence people she has a personal problem with doesn't deserve the job.
I have to agree with that. She does create more problem then she fixes.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Has everyone seen this discussion on Stinkfy?   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:02 pm

Has everyone seen this discussion on Stinkfy?

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2356940

I am shocked it has not been deleted. But then again it does stay with the subject matter.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 4:39 pm

Yeah, I've been participating in it, and on the subject or not, it's sure to be deleted/edited when MBG gets wind of it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Annoyed wrote:
Yeah, I've been participating in it, and on the subject or not, it's sure to be deleted/edited when MBG gets wind of it.
She actually had some good posts on that. As far as I know and I have not checked it has not been deleted. But everyone has behaved themselves.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:42 am

I left the Sci-Fi forums because the rotten moderation really annoyed me.
The control-freak moderators there love to delete posts about anything at all controversial and anti-PC, which many of my posts were.

Without freedom of speech, a discussion website isn't worth visiting.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: If I said this I would be banned from SyFy   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:39 pm

If I said this I would be banned from SyFy

View Postscifriday, on 21 October 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:
So, I said no, that SciFi was showing scripted scifi on Fridays and that it was replaced by wrestiling. Let me make it plainer. The scripted scifi show Flash Gordon aired on Fridays and was replaced by wrestling.

Seriously, are you suffering from some sort of cerebral impairment? Flash Gordon went off the air in 2008. Wrestling did not move to Fridays until 2010. And no program was cancelled to make room for wrestling on Friday; the three scripted shows that aired in that timeslot moved to Tuesday instead.

And for the record, the scripted show Flash Gordon was replaced by the scripted show Sanctuary.

Keep the misinformation coming, though. :rolleyes:

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2357740

Check out the whole back and forth.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:22 pm

They deleted it. Glad I have a copy.
Back to top Go down
madskillz

madskillz

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 9:46 pm

The bottom line is the changing of SyFy from scifi to general interest tv.
Regardless of the moderators people would still be posting in BSG, Stargate, etc forums. People are just not as excited and interested in shows like Being Human and Sanctuary.

SighFys scripted shows used to consistently get between a 1.0 and a 2.0. Now they get about a 0.5 on average. So, you have anywhere from a half to a quater as many people watching. And the 0.5 seems to be the absolute bottom their scripted shows get, indicating its people who will watch anything related to scifi or fantasy, no matter how disinterested in the show. So you get people a lot less motivated to go to the forum. Of course, it is possible the 0.5 includes a large number of people who have lost the remote and just keep watching SighFy cause they are too lazy to get up and change the channel.
Back to top Go down
madskillz

madskillz

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

I will admit that whole thing was just to get her goat. I included Flash Gordon since I wanted to call attention to how lousy it was...
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:20 am

madskillz wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

I will admit that whole thing was just to get her goat. I included Flash Gordon since I wanted to call attention to how lousy it was...
Oh man I am telling when she said cerebral damage if I would have done that I would have been banned.

She once called herself a ***** and I just used fancy phrasing calling her the same thing after she called herself it and then she PM and said if i called her a ***** again she would ban me. I had to get Squall to mediate.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:28 am

I like the lazy line.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:30 am

I will say I think that some moderators had a lot to do with it also. When you had Farscape SG1 SGA Lexx and other shows on before reality shows then you had lots of participation. I am a believer reality shows are over. Worse thing Skiffy did was remove scifi Fridays.

Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:19 pm

Well, they are going after a wrestling audience. Can't really expect that crowd to be able to read & write, let alone use compooters.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:32 pm

Annoyed wrote:
Well, they are going after a wrestling audience. Can't really expect that crowd to be able to read & write, let alone use compooters.
Never thought of that one. BAHAHAHAHA. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Posts about the old Syfy Forums.
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next