Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Posts about the old Syfy Forums.

Go down 
+10
Skycastle
nerdatnight
Tuck
Scraper101
madskillz
frickaline
AzaliaRazor
Annoyed
ford plasko
TRUE LIBERTY
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Annoyed

Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:47 pm

Sky, you are quite correct, that the topic of homosexuality has regularly surfaced on the scifi's boards because it has regularly surfaced on their shows.

But, you fail to understand that one thing.

It's not that you can't express political opinions over there, it's just that you can't express conservative or politically incorrect opinions.

If you were to create a false personna, and put up a few posts praising Sanctuary and the other shows that have been advancing the gay agenda for doing so, you would have no issue with censorship. But let someone present the opposing view, and all of a sudden you can't discuss politics.

Bottom line is that it's their bat, ball & backyard and they can operate the boards as they see fit.

As far as the mods go, I figure they're either enforcing corporate edict from higher up or they're mostly youngsters who haven't figured things out yet. Most people tend to grow more conservative as they grow older & wiser.

As to the worst mod, I think you'll have to go some to beat Mockingbirdgirl. Karl Marx would be a right turn for her.
Back to top Go down
madskillz

madskillz

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:38 pm

eber322 wrote:
Well, a couple of years ago they were reairing episodes of Lost a week after they were on network. I posted this vid clip...

Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 Katecrawl5ui...

and said it was the best part of the episode. They yanked it and said it was inappropriate... I asked, "How can it be inappropriate if you aired it on your channel?". Their response was that the website is PG13, the channel isn't so some things from the channel aren't appropriate for the website.

My favorite scene!

Stinkyfy needs to make a decision. Either its a childrens channel or it's not.

In fact, this is an issue with science fiction in general. If you are going to show alternate universes, future societies, etc you have to deal with the ideas that come up in those areas. Too many movies are a bastard compromise between childrens entertainment and adult entertainment.

One of the reasons this is becoming more of an issue is because there is now a large amount of people who are convinced that their moral values are absolutely correct and apply to the entire universe.

Star Trek: TNG had a episode with an androgynous alien and Rykers feelings towards her/him/it. Other episodes, including the Star Trek franchise dealt with symbiotic aliens that might have been male but are now female, and characters difficulties in relating to them. Yet, there was no public outcry.

Now you have one little lesbo kiss and fracking sky is falling. When Beverly Crusher locked lips with a woman no one screamed perversion, iirc.

Not to mention fully functional android sex.

The real issue is that people need to understand they only have to press a button on their remote.

Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:05 pm

madskillz wrote:
eber322 wrote:
Well, a couple of years ago they were reairing episodes of Lost a week after they were on network. I posted this vid clip...

Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 Katecrawl5ui...

and said it was the best part of the episode. They yanked it and said it was inappropriate... I asked, "How can it be inappropriate if you aired it on your channel?". Their response was that the website is PG13, the channel isn't so some things from the channel aren't appropriate for the website.

My favorite scene!

Stinkyfy needs to make a decision. Either its a childrens channel or it's not.

In fact, this is an issue with science fiction in general. If you are going to show alternate universes, future societies, etc you have to deal with the ideas that come up in those areas. Too many movies are a bastard compromise between childrens entertainment and adult entertainment.

One of the reasons this is becoming more of an issue is because there is now a large amount of people who are convinced that their moral values are absolutely correct and apply to the entire universe.

Star Trek: TNG had a episode with an androgynous alien and Rykers feelings towards her/him/it. Other episodes, including the Star Trek franchise dealt with symbiotic aliens that might have been male but are now female, and characters difficulties in relating to them. Yet, there was no public outcry.

Now you have one little lesbo kiss and fracking sky is falling. When Beverly Crusher locked lips with a woman no one screamed perversion, iirc.

Not to mention fully functional android sex.

The real issue is that people need to understand they only have to press a button on their remote.

This is not much about the Kiss is that sighfy wants one opinion and one opinion only. That is why this forum was started so both opinions can be discussed.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:11 pm

madskillz wrote:

Star Trek: TNG had a episode with a androgynous alien and Rykers feelings towards her/him/it.
Riker meet an woman on an androgynous planet. A planet that had sought to "evolve" beyond the two sexes. Because she was still a female (and not an "it") and it was found out, she was captured and brainwashed out of having feelings towards a male, namely Riker.

madskillz wrote:

Other episodes, including the Star Trek franchise dealt with symbiotic aliens that might have been male but are now female, and characters difficulties in relating to them.
There was ONE episode of DS9 that dealt with the DAX symbiont, a creature that is itself asexual, who used to be in the body of a male. That male Dax's former wife's symbiont came on board in a new body and Jadzia Dax kissed her after being flooded by feelings from the symbiont. And yes there were a lot of complaints sent in about it, along with praise from the gay groups being pandered too, but it was one episode and wasn't repeated.

madskillz wrote:

When Beverly Crusher locked lips with a woman no one screamed perversion, iirc.
I don't recall Beverly Crusher kissing a woman, episode please?

madskillz wrote:

And then they never can watch tv again, or then they can be subjected to more of same on every other channel. How would you like it if three quarters of all shows on every channel preached about how being gay was evil. Bet then you'd be upset, but of course your morals, or lack of, are right and everybody elses are wrong, right?
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:55 pm

madskillz wrote:
"The real issue is that people need to understand they only have to press a button on their remote."

That becomes less of an option as queerdom continues to spread across the TV spectrum, infecting more and more shows. I was annoyed when it was barfed into Warehouse 13, but now they've puked it into Sanctuary, and it's getting harder and harder for me to watch my favorite Sci-Fi shows. If they do it on Eureka I'll have a fit!

For me, I guess the issue is just how far should I let TV degenerate - sink into the moral abyss - before I take a stand? Once queerdom is accepted as normal and even good, what's next? Is there a moral bottom, or does the depravity never end?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 12:48 pm

Skycastle wrote:
madskillz wrote:
"The real issue is that people need to understand they only have to press a button on their remote."

That becomes less of an option as queerdom continues to spread across the TV spectrum, infecting more and more shows. I was annoyed when it was barfed into Warehouse 13, but now they've puked it into Sanctuary, and it's getting harder and harder for me to watch my favorite Sci-Fi shows. If they do it on Eureka I'll have a fit!

For me, I guess the issue is just how far should I let TV degenerate - sink into the moral abyss - before I take a stand? Once queerdom is accepted as normal and even good, what's next? Is there a moral bottom, or does the depravity never end?
We found out how bad queerdom gets at Penn State.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 5:20 pm

I was reading a Eureka thread and with a moderator like MBG no wonder it is all but dead.

Here is the link. http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2358040 Is it any wonder?. Admin 1 does nothing about it however if you or I acted like that we would be banned for a week.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:16 am

I don't think so. scifriday is not advocating any right-leaning viewpoint.

The fact that he's making a stupid argument, allowing MBG to use him as a doormat probably won't make her boot him.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:48 am

Annoyed wrote:
I don't think so. scifriday is not advocating any right-leaning viewpoint.

The fact that he's making a stupid argument, allowing MBG to use him as a doormat probably won't make her boot him.
The thing is it is no only him she has done this to. Did you see the cerebral damage comment she made? She insults anyone who does not see her point of view.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:04 am

First. let me say that I do not like MBG, she's probably the worst moderator over there, or on any board I've ever used, for that matter.

But, just because I do not like someone doesn't mean they're wrong all of the time. They may in fact be right on occasion. Just not when they are arguing with me. :lol:

Yes.. she's having a field day with him, clearly enjoying herself. She's also ripping the same poster a new one on another thread, http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2358080

However, in both of these threads, the poster in question is clearly making a prize idiot of himself in public, pulling imagined facts out of some bodily orifice that is best left private.

This isn't a discussion of viewpoint or opinion. He is claiming as factual data information that is obviously incorrect, and has been proven to him as such. In the Eureka thread, MBG is correct, Sci Fi has been consistent with its scheduling, each season starting in July. In the other thread, Doctor Who has been a world wide franchise for decades, not just since 2005.

If you're going to be that stupid on a public board, I have no problem with the other board members or even a mod putting him through the wringer for it. I've done it myself. In fact, she's mild in comparison to myself when I decide to cut loose on some idiot.

Stupidity should have consequences.

Perhaps he will learn from the experience. (in this case, I doubt it)
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:22 am

Annoyed wrote:
First. let me say that I do not like MBG, she's probably the worst moderator over there, or on any board I've ever used, for that matter.

But, just because I do not like someone doesn't mean they're wrong all of the time. They may in fact be right on occasion. Just not when they are arguing with me. :lol:

Yes.. she's having a field day with him, clearly enjoying herself. She's also ripping the same poster a new one on another thread, http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2358080

However, in both of these threads, the poster in question is clearly making a prize idiot of himself in public, pulling imagined facts out of some bodily orifice that is best left private.

This isn't a discussion of viewpoint or opinion. He is claiming as factual data information that is obviously incorrect, and has been proven to him as such. In the Eureka thread, MBG is correct, Sci Fi has been consistent with its scheduling, each season starting in July. In the other thread, Doctor Who has been a world wide franchise for decades, not just since 2005.

If you're going to be that stupid on a public board, I have no problem with the other board members or even a mod putting him through the wringer for it. I've done it myself. In fact, she's mild in comparison to myself when I decide to cut loose on some idiot.

Stupidity should have consequences.

Perhaps he will learn from the experience. (in this case, I doubt it)
My point is not that she is right or wrong or the poster is right or wrong. My point is she insulting even when she is right. She is degrading instead of just pointing out her facts she has to add an insult in there. That is all I am saying.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 2:28 pm

I think what it boils down to is that her behavior isn't even remotely close to correct for a mod. It's just like the long gone political thread, she was the one who caused 95%+ of the fights and problems in that thread. It was because of her the thread was shut down. Admin1 got tired of hearing complaints about MBG, but instead of making her stop, or booting her from being a mod, she just passed the complaints along to MBG. At which point MBG said, "Nobody likes me, fine. I'm taking my toys and going home. Nobody is allowed to talk politics anymore." And to top that all off she still, to this day, goes out of her way to say it's everybody elses fault the thread was closed.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:06 pm

eber322 wrote:
I think what it boils down to is that her behavior isn't even remotely close to correct for a mod. It's just like the long gone political thread, she was the one who caused 95%+ of the fights and problems in that thread. It was because of her the thread was shut down. Admin1 got tired of hearing complaints about MBG, but instead of making her stop, or booting her from being a mod, she just passed the complaints along to MBG. At which point MBG said, "Nobody likes me, fine. I'm taking my toys and going home. Nobody is allowed to talk politics anymore." And to top that all off she still, to this day, goes out of her way to say it's everybody elses fault the thread was closed.
I have to agree with you. Admin1 needs to grow some balls and can her.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:25 pm

I finally got a reply from squall28.

I had written to him:
"Since this is a "Sanctuary" forum for "Sanctuary" topics, and "Sanctuary" has introduced homosexuality into the show, then homosexuality is a legitimate topic of discussion. That's simple common sense.
Just because moderators don't like certain topics is no reason to forbid them. That isn't fair - it's unreasonable censorship.
You really don't understand that?"

squall28 replied:
"No one is forcing you to post here. If you cannot follow the rules or agree with the mods decisions then don't post. Simple as that."

So much for open-mindedness. Squall28 is just as brain-dead as the rest of them.

Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Skycastle wrote:
I finally got a reply from squall28.

I had written to him:
"Since this is a "Sanctuary" forum for "Sanctuary" topics, and "Sanctuary" has introduced homosexuality into the show, then homosexuality is a legitimate topic of discussion. That's simple common sense.
Just because moderators don't like certain topics is no reason to forbid them. That isn't fair - it's unreasonable censorship.
You really don't understand that?"

squall28 replied:
"No one is forcing you to post here. If you cannot follow the rules or agree with the mods decisions then don't post. Simple as that."

So much for open-mindedness. Squall28 is just as brain-dead as the rest of them.

Squall is just following the rules Admin1 set down. He runs another website and he lets opinions of all kinds there. I have not visited it for a few weeks because I find it boring.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:25 pm

And no doubt, Admin1, MBG and the rest are all following corporate decree not to offend anyone besides Conservatives.

The advancement of the freak agenda is a very deeply ingrained objective, planted in all of the major media in this country, along with all the other politically correct felgercarb that must be observed.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Annoyed wrote:
And no doubt, Admin1, MBG and the rest are all following corporate decree not to offend anyone besides Conservatives.

The advancement of the freak agenda is a very deeply ingrained objective, planted in all of the major media in this country, along with all the other politically correct felgercarb that must be observed.
That us where I differ and want this site to differ. I want all opinions and all opinions are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:20 am

Here's my latest question to squall28:

Sent: 13 November 2011

“Squall, are you able to have an intellectual discussion, or not? Please explain to me why homosexuality is NOT a legitimate topic of discussion on the Sanctuary forum, when Sanctuary has introduced homosexuality into the show? If Sanctuary is doing it, why are people forbidden from discussing it?”

-- No answer yet.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 3:51 am

Skycastle, I would suggest that you stop beating your head against a wall. It won't do you any good.
First off, it's their ball, bat & backyard, they buy & pay for that site, they can do whatever they want with it. You have the choice to use it under their rules or not.

Second, people are not forbidden from discussing homosexuality. If you were to create an alter ego, and make posts praising the show runners for advancing the gay agenda by portraying gays in a positive manner, you would have no issue. The same would apply for any other politically charged topic. As long as you are posting "from the left" so to speak.

It is only opinions "from the right" that are censored.

No doubt this is due to decrees from their corporate bosses, but these are the facts, and we aren't going to change them.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Annoyed wrote:
Skycastle, I would suggest that you stop beating your head against a wall. It won't do you any good.
First off, it's their ball, bat & backyard, they buy & pay for that site, they can do whatever they want with it. You have the choice to use it under their rules or not.

Second, people are not forbidden from discussing homosexuality. If you were to create an alter ego, and make posts praising the show runners for advancing the gay agenda by portraying gays in a positive manner, you would have no issue. The same would apply for any other politically charged topic. As long as you are posting "from the left" so to speak.

It is only opinions "from the right" that are censored.

No doubt this is due to decrees from their corporate bosses, but these are the facts, and we aren't going to change them.
You make a good point. Because when you had the OT political posts and you could at one time discuss from the left or the right the number of people posting on Skiffy forums was much higher the traffic was much higher. It was not until they stifled the opinions of the right that people just stopped going there.

Look at it now they are lucky to have 5 people on at one time.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: General discussion is dying.    Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Sad to see general discussion on skiffy dying. After me Walter and the rest of us made it a cool place to go and skiffy screwed it up. It will go days without a post. When in the past it was nothing to have a 50 to a 100 posts in a single day.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 5:46 pm

While board policies over there certainly have had a chilling effect, I think the bigger problem is that Sci Fi isn't airing much that is actually Sci Fi these days, aside from reruns.

Some would say that it's a bit much to expect the rasslin' audience to be able to read & write.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 6:03 pm

Annoyed wrote:
While board policies over there certainly have had a chilling effect, I think the bigger problem is that Sci Fi isn't airing much that is actually Sci Fi these days, aside from reruns.

Some would say that it's a bit much to expect the rasslin' audience to be able to read & write.
Your probably right a combination of both. But as far as general discussion I think it is the chilling effect of policies why general discussion has died so much. Hell you might go days without anyone posting.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:01 am

Yeah, my Don-Quixote-like personality does keep me swinging my little sword in some hopeless battles. I try to right almost every wrong I encounter, and it usually doesn't work. I guess there just aren't enough people doing these things to make a difference.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:33 am

I'm quite fed up with SyFy since they screwed-up Warehouse 13 and then Sanctuary. I stopped watching Sanctuary and probably won't go back, but I really hate to abandon Warehouse 13. I still like Eureka, and if they crap on that I'll have a hissy-fit!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Posts about the old Syfy Forums.
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next