Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Posts about the old Syfy Forums.

Go down 
+10
Skycastle
nerdatnight
Tuck
Scraper101
madskillz
frickaline
AzaliaRazor
Annoyed
ford plasko
TRUE LIBERTY
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:55 am

Syfy's message board has been in a decline, long before any of you became members there. It started in 2003-2004 with what we called the "great migration". Thereafter, the network cancelling all the Sci-Fi shows took care of most that remained.

There are only a handful of members like myself, from the days of the Dominion (the boards creation). Those are members from 1996-2002. Half of us lost our accounts in the 2003 upgrade, then the hacking of 2004 after the migration, then again the upgrade of 2008.

The moderators at Syfy, are not moderators in the sense that you think of a board moderator. Only Squall has some semblance of being an actual moderator, in the abilities allowed his account. But even he cannot delete a post. So most of what you are blaming the moderators for, is actually being done by an Admin.

As if all the above were not enough, the final straw, was the board becoming a commercial one, back in 2006.

Hope that helps you understand. :)
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:28 am

Oh, good grief. If they switch to Pluck, I'm outta there.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:50 am

Annoyed wrote:

No worries my friend. It's still a powerboard, just an updated version of the software.

As I'm forbidden to post links, try this if you wish to see what it looks like:

forums-test dot syfy dot com
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:03 am

Bandit wrote:
Annoyed wrote:

No worries my friend. It's still a powerboard, just an updated version of the software.

As I'm forbidden to post links, try this if you wish to see what it looks like:

forums-test dot syfy dot com

Ah, ok. Danke for the preview.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:59 am

Annoyed wrote:

Ah, ok. Danke for the preview.

You're quite welcome. Check this site to see what really happened:

deadline dot com/2012/11/nbc-websites-hacked-snl-fallon-leno/

Hopefully, the board won't recognize that as a web address. If it does, I can work around it.

Of course, there's going to be a certain mod at Syfy that says she "knows" what happened. She knows everything about everything, just ask her.

Well unless she reads this board, no she doesn't know. But it's sure to be a topic in the General Discussion forum. In the 16 years I've been a member there, this is by far the longest they've been offline. And this time, they were not even the target.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:01 am

Bandit wrote:
Syfy's message board has been in a decline, long before any of you became members there.

I first joined in either 99 or 2000. But I lost my account a few times. I was active on the Earth: Final Conflict forum as well as the mystery theater 3000 live captioning they used to do of the Scifi channel.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:04 am

Back up, but it looks like garbage. I haven't even tried logging in yet.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:38 pm

eber322 wrote:

I first joined in either 99 or 2000. But I lost my account a few times. I was active on the Earth: Final Conflict forum as well as the mystery theater 3000 live captioning they used to do of the Scifi channel.

I see. Then from 1996-2006, that's what you all missed. I'm sure in the last 7 years you noticed all the cancelled shows, regardless if you watched them or not.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:40 pm

It works, but is still unstable.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 pm

And it just crashed. Oh well, I tried to tell them....
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 1:04 pm

AzaliaRazor wrote:
I still go there. The one hit wonders are what are driving me crazy. Too many to make sense of have the time.

I like your saying ""Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. " Leo Tolstoy"
That's true. Unless people change from within, the world will never really change for the better. And such change isn't really possible without God's help.

I don't go to SyFy anymore; it's better to let that site die.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 1:09 pm

Annoyed wrote:
Skycastle wrote:
I don't visit StinkFy anymore, but I'm glad it's having troubles. That is one rotten, bullying leftist barfhole.
95% or better of the MSM is leftist. As far as the policies of the mods are concerned, a: they're doing what their bosses tell them to do, and b: I'm pretty sure that MBG is employed by the public education system, so you know she's just this side of communist.
MGB a proto-commie? Sounds right. Most of the teachers in the Los Angeles public schools are probably the same. And we wonder why we're losing our country to leftist idiots.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Tuck wrote:
eber322 wrote:
It's still not back up. Maybe it's done for?

We aren't that lucky. I didn't post much there. There are some real delusional people there who honesty think it is a make a wish channel. Bascially I either like something or I don't. I was a big Stargate fan until SGU. I was disappointed that SGA was cancelled but I was willing to give SGU a shot. Then it aired and I was ready to shoot tptb.

I loved Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis, but Universe was an interesting concept that could have been done better. I'll try to get the series eventually. I already have Firefly, Smallville, Buffy the Vampire series and am now collecting Eureka.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 4:43 am

Yup, it's fading fast.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 12:03 pm

Bandit wrote:
Yup, it's fading fast.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Back to top Go down
nerdatnight

nerdatnight

PostSubject: Syfy's pseudo speakeasy   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Edited for content.

Last edited by nerdatnight on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:26 pm

That's what happens when only one viewpoint, that of the moderators is tolerated.
Back to top Go down
nerdatnight

nerdatnight

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:45 am

Deleted.

Last edited by nerdatnight on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:40 pm

You know I haven't even been back to Styfy since the last upgrade of the board... I should check in, if for no other reason than make sure I still bug Pscard. :twisted:
Back to top Go down
nerdatnight

nerdatnight

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:18 am

Deleted.

Last edited by nerdatnight on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:43 am

Well finally Syfy has realized they have way to many moderators, and canned half of them.

Seriously, you have about a dozen or two people posting there. The rest are sock puppets, and skeeters.

Of the 10 mods that survived the cut, 5 more won't make the next cut.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:09 pm

Did they cut Mockingbirdgirl? Please tell me they did, she always caused more problems than she solved.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:25 pm

Well, I answered my own question. She's still listed as a mod with 6 subforums she's responsible for. Figures. If they were going to cut anybody she should have been the first.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:08 pm

I don't bother with SyFy anymore. Too hostile.
Back to top Go down
nerdatnight

nerdatnight

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:44 am

Deleted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Posts about the old Syfy Forums.
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next