Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Talking about police states.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Talking about police states.  Empty
PostSubject: Talking about police states.    Talking about police states.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Quote :
A 13-year-old boy in Washington state faced federal interrogation by a Secret Service agent over a Facebook posting that warned President Obama of suicide bombers, q13fox.com reports.

Vito LaPinta of Tacoma, Wash., said he posted a message on Facebook after Usama bin Laden's death, saying Obama should be careful of possible retaliatory acts against him by other terror members, according to the station.

"I was saying how Usama was dead and for Obama to be careful because there could be suicide bombers," the boy told the station.

A week later, the boy said a man walked into Truman Middle School "with a suit and glasses and he said he was part of the Secret Service."

"He told me it was because of a post I made that indicated I was a threat toward the president," he said.

The boy's mother, meanwhile, says she's not happy her son was questioned by Secret Service without her knowledge or consent, the station reports.

"I just about lost it," Timi Robertson told the station. "My 13 year-old son is supposed to be safe and secure in his classroom and he's being interrogated without my knowledge or consent privately."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/17/13-year-old-boy-questioned-secret-service-facebook-posting/#ixzz1Mf07HJGC
So Obama we can read Miranda rights to terrorist on the battlefield but American citizens do not get the same right?
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

Talking about police states.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking about police states.    Talking about police states.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Wow, I'd sue the Secret Service if I was that kids parent. Authorities can't interrogate minors without their parents/guardians present. Or at the very least if the kid can't be identified, refuses to give name etc, the courts must send in a rep from social services and a lawyer to protect the minors rights.

Since they obviously knew who the kid was, they should have waited to question him until his parents were present.
Back to top Go down

Talking about police states.
Page 1 of 1