Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.

Sci Fi Forums

scifi Forums
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Global Warming.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4214
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Global Warming.   Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:06 am

Yep we can look forward to this.
Quote :
The European Union’s flagship cap-and-trade carbon credit trading system is plagued by massive fraud and is effectively under the control of organized crime, according to a December 9 statement issued by European police. Europol, an EU-wide criminal intelligence agency similar to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation, says bogus trading at the EU’s Emission Trading Scheme (ETS) has exceeded €5 billion (U.S.$7 billion) over the past 18 months alone. Europol says that in some EU countries, up to 90 percent of the entire market volume is fraudulent.
http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/climategate-european-carbon-credit-trading-system-plagued-by-fraud/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4214
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:59 am

Climate gate gets more interesting. Scientist change Russian data.

http://blogs.investors.com/capitalhill/index.php/home/35-politics/1057-russian-think-tank-alleges-climate-data-tampered-with
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
SmilingR
Guest



PostSubject: Ice Bergs and Sinking Island   Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:20 pm


While the perma-frost in Alaska melts and become less permanent and the states former governor claims global warming is a hoax. While a small minority of vocal and factually challenged scientist try to ignore the evidence of 400 years of observations and records because of an argument over a short period within the long term trend. While the debate in America on Global Warming is between the political right and left. REALITY IS BEGINNING TO SINK IN (Sometimes literally)!

To many in the Pacific the arguments about Global Warming are moot. Islands are sinking and icebergs the size of cities are breaking off at both poles. While I think it is reasonable to debate the contribution of man to the problem. To debate about the warming of the world is pure lunacy in face of the facts. You can not deny the evidence. Islands around the world are facing rising water. Antarctica is losing its ice. The Arctic is melting. But most of all that cold water is going into the oceans and effecting the weather, changing ocean currents, and raising sea levels.

This is a problem that will not go away without some action. The best available evidence indicates that there is a link between carbon dioxide levels and atmospheric warming. This leaves only a limited number of choices and actions to address the problem. To do nothing would be disastrous. My fear is that we may already be too late to keep the disaster from occurring.

Please disconnect from political ideology long enough to observe the measurable data. This is not a Right/Left issue it is far more serious than that.





Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4214
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:09 pm

Ahh Smiling R is it man made or is this just a natural cycle?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Walterth3rd
Admin
avatar

Posts : 673
Join date : 2009-10-10
Age : 49
Location : Pacific Grove, CA

PostSubject: Actually...   Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:07 pm

The BEST evidence is that it is SOLAR radiation that controls our weather, our climate, and it always has. Keep in mind, again back in the late 1800s scientists were saying the SAME THING, the POLAR ICE CAPS ARE MELTING, THE POLAR BEARS WILL DROWN, THE COASTAL REGIONS WILL BE UNDER WATER AND SOON!!! Of course, in the 1970s there was talk of ADDING CO2 to the atmosphere to STOP the ICE AGE from happening.

IF we truly want to put a stop to global warming, we need only to dry the atmosphere of the MAIN 'threat' to GW, it isn't CO2, it isn't Methane (which is harsher than CO2, by the way) but the LARGEST Greenhouse gas is H2O! NOTHING is more culpable for holding in the heat than water in it's gaseous form, so why was there no movement to build giant DRYERS??? Why? Because you can't blame big business for THAT, you can't charge anyone for THAT, you can't blame AMERICA for that, now can you?

History, ALL of it will tell who was right (ME) and the rest will laugh at those who went down claiming they thought they were doing the right thing (though how LYING about this could be considered the right thing...Oh wait, it's all about money and power, I forgot. Even science falls to that siren's song, doesn't it?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4214
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:49 pm

IF you take the CO2 out then the trees have nothing to breathe. GW is a farce always been always will be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4214
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Quote :
"What's the real cause of the Earth's norm--a climate that rocks back and forth from steamy tropical heat to icy freeze? A climate that deposits fossilized seashells on mountaintops and makes dry land into seas and swamps?

The Earth is a traveler. Its angle as it sweeps around the sun produces the massive weather flips we call seasons--the dance from summer to winter and back again. But there's more. Our planet has a peculiar wobble--its precession. And that precession produces upheavals in our weather, weather alterations we cycle through every 22,000, 41,000 and 100,000 years. This is called the Milankovich cycle, named for the Serbian engineer and geophysicist who discovered it.

But the wobbles in our trip around the sun are just a start. The sun is a traveler, too. It circles the black hole at the galaxy's core every 226 million years. And it takes its tiny flock of planets with it. That means us. The result?

The journey around the galactic core is fraught with dangers. For example, every 143 million years we pass through a spiral arm of the galaxy, an arm that tosses tsunamis of cosmic rays our way. Those rays produce massive climate change. Then there's the innocent-sounding stuff astronomers call galactic "fluff," massive clouds of cosmic dust lurking in our solar system's path that also cause dramatic climate change.

Meanwhile, the sun itself is going through a cycle from birth to death. As a result of its maturation, good old reliable sol is 43% warmer today than it was when the Earth first gathered itself into a globe of planetesimals 4.5 billion years ago."

Isn't it time for you to start studying this global warming stuff on your own? If there actually is a concerted attack being launched against Capitalism by tired old communists and socialist leading hoards of youngsters with no experience in the real world ... wouldn't you want to know about it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4214
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:07 pm

Still think GW is not about Communism watch this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

avatar

Posts : 1089
Join date : 2009-10-21
Location : OVIEDO, FLORIDA

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:50 pm

SmilingR wrote:

While the perma-frost in Alaska melts and become less permanent and the states former governor claims global warming is a hoax. While a small minority of vocal and factually challenged scientist try to ignore the evidence of 400 years of observations and records because of an argument over a short period within the long term trend. While the debate in America on Global Warming is between the political right and left. REALITY IS BEGINNING TO SINK IN (Sometimes literally)!

To many in the Pacific the arguments about Global Warming are moot. Islands are sinking and icebergs the size of cities are breaking off at both poles. While I think it is reasonable to debate the contribution of man to the problem. To debate about the warming of the world is pure lunacy in face of the facts. You can not deny the evidence. Islands around the world are facing rising water. Antarctica is losing its ice. The Arctic is melting. But most of all that cold water is going into the oceans and effecting the weather, changing ocean currents, and raising sea levels.

This is a problem that will not go away without some action. The best available evidence indicates that there is a link between carbon dioxide levels and atmospheric warming. This leaves only a limited number of choices and actions to address the problem. To do nothing would be disastrous. My fear is that we may already be too late to keep the disaster from occurring.

Please disconnect from political ideology long enough to observe the measurable data. This is not a Right/Left issue it is far more serious than that.












Problem is nothing you say is true. Florida coast line is the same as it has been for the last 200 years.

Ice is expanding in much of Antarctica, contrary to the widespread public belief that global warming is melting the continental ice cap.

The results of ice-core drilling and sea ice monitoring indicate there is no large-scale melting of ice over most of Antarctica, although experts are concerned at ice losses on the continent's western coast.

Antarctica has 90 percent of the Earth's ice and 80 percent of its fresh water, The Australian reports. Extensive melting of Antarctic ice sheets would be required to raise sea levels substantially, and ice is melting in parts of west Antarctica. The destabilization of the Wilkins ice shelf generated international
East Antarctica is four times the size of west Antarctica and parts of it are cooling. The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research report prepared for last week's meeting of Antarctic Treaty nations in Washington noted the South Pole had shown "significant cooling in recent decades."

Australia Antarctic Division glaciology program head Ian Allison said sea ice losses in west Antarctica over the past 30 years had been more than offset by increases in the Ross Sea region, just one sector of east Antarctica.

"Sea ice conditions have remained stable in Antarctica generally," Allison said.

Ice core drilling in the fast ice off Australia's Davis Station in East Antarctica by the Antarctic Climate and Ecosystems Co-Operative Research Center shows that last year, the ice had a maximum thickness of 1.89m, its densest in 10 years.

A paper to be published soon by the British Antarctic Survey in the journal Geophysical Research Letters is expected to confirm that over the past 30 years, the area of sea ice around the continent has expanded.

I think its you thats believing the socialist agenda and being brain washed. Its all about money and control.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRUE LIBERTY

avatar

Posts : 1089
Join date : 2009-10-21
Location : OVIEDO, FLORIDA

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:53 pm

SmilingR wrote:

While the perma-frost in Alaska melts and become less permanent and the states former governor claims global warming is a hoax. While a small minority of vocal and factually challenged scientist try to ignore the evidence of 400 years of observations and records because of an argument over a short period within the long term trend. While the debate in America on Global Warming is between the political right and left. REALITY IS BEGINNING TO SINK IN (Sometimes literally)!

To many in the Pacific the arguments about Global Warming are moot. Islands are sinking and icebergs the size of cities are breaking off at both poles. While I think it is reasonable to debate the contribution of man to the problem. To debate about the warming of the world is pure lunacy in face of the facts. You can not deny the evidence. Islands around the world are facing rising water. Antarctica is losing its ice. The Arctic is melting. But most of all that cold water is going into the oceans and effecting the weather, changing ocean currents, and raising sea levels.

This is a problem that will not go away without some action. The best available evidence indicates that there is a link between carbon dioxide levels and atmospheric warming. This leaves only a limited number of choices and actions to address the problem. To do nothing would be disastrous. My fear is that we may already be too late to keep the disaster from occurring.

Please disconnect from political ideology long enough to observe the measurable data. This is not a Right/Left issue it is far more serious than that.












Please name these Islands that are sinking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4214
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:35 pm

You also have to take into consideration that the ice shelf is millions of years old so sooner or later a big chunk is going to fall off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

avatar

Posts : 1089
Join date : 2009-10-21
Location : OVIEDO, FLORIDA

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:38 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
You also have to take into consideration that the ice shelf is millions of years old so sooner or later a big chunk is going to fall off.

Come on now! Dont put common sense into this discussion tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRUE LIBERTY

avatar

Posts : 1089
Join date : 2009-10-21
Location : OVIEDO, FLORIDA

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:41 pm

And whats really funny is copenhagen had one of the worst snow storms in 12 years. IDIOTS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4214
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Have you ever noticed when ever there is a big to do in the religion of GW that there is a major snow storm or a record cold streak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

avatar

Posts : 1089
Join date : 2009-10-21
Location : OVIEDO, FLORIDA

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:30 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Have you ever noticed when ever there is a big to do in the religion of GW that there is a major snow storm or a record cold streak.

Your so right! I think almost everyone of these GW summits have been hit by some freaky weather. Its almost like mother nature is saying hello dummys im in control of our weather not you silly people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4214
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:17 pm

I just got done watching Top Gear Polar Special what a great episode that was those guys were fracking nuts. They drove to the North Pole in a 4 wheel drive they made it to. Not only that they were told that because of Global Warming in a 3000 lb vehicle they would never make it. Not only did they make it with one vehicle they 2 support vehicles. They were told the ice cap was to thin again proof that the ice cap is not getting thinner.

Jeremy Clarkson said it not me. GW is not causing the Polar Ice Cap to melt hahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
steve2112

avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:12 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I just got done watching Top Gear Polar Special what a great episode that was those guys were fracking nuts. They drove to the North Pole in a 4 wheel drive they made it to. Not only that they were told that because of Global Warming in a 3000 lb vehicle they would never make it. Not only did they make it with one vehicle they 2 support vehicles. They were told the ice cap was to thin again proof that the ice cap is not getting thinner.

Jeremy Clarkson said it not me. GW is not causing the Polar Ice Cap to melt hahahahaha.

Isn't Obama signing away America at this Canadian environmental summit? I think this whole thing, like the bailouts, the economy, 911, and health care were all steps for them to make way for the North American Union.

I saw it on Beck one day. Obama is supposed to sign away America with some kind of broad sweeping legislation that's environmental in nature, but actually gives away a great deal of power.. I'd have to look it up but this whole thing has been one big scam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justice.
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:20 pm

I must say you guys are drinking the conservative koolaid. Global warming is a real threat to the world and you act like there is nothing wrong with polluting the environment.

Suvs and trucks should be banned. The only reason you need a truck is if you live on a farm or someplace where you need high clearance. America should lead the way in the world we are the richest nation and President Obama is doing everything he can to save the planet you act like all he is doing is destroying the economy. President Obama is the President for all of us.

The economy is starting to take off jobs are starting to be created so all you conservatives were wrong about President Obama.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

avatar

Posts : 1089
Join date : 2009-10-21
Location : OVIEDO, FLORIDA

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:54 am

Justice. wrote:
I must say you guys are drinking the conservative koolaid. Global warming is a real threat to the world and you act like there is nothing wrong with polluting the environment.

Suvs and trucks should be banned. The only reason you need a truck is if you live on a farm or someplace where you need high clearance. America should lead the way in the world we are the richest nation and President Obama is doing everything he can to save the planet you act like all he is doing is destroying the economy. President Obama is the President for all of us.

The economy is starting to take off jobs are starting to be created so all you conservatives were wrong about President Obama.

So sorry your global warming has been proven to be a hoax. Now im not saying there are changes happening on the planet. But these changes have been happening a lot longer then man has been around. In fact this is one of the most calm times in the planets history and one of the main reasons man has done so well on our planet.

No conservative has ever said we want a polluted planet. Please give a source on that comment. What we want is common sense. Keeping reasonable standards for clean power plants, cars and such. Cap and trade is not reasonable. Its a small business killer like mine and will kill whats left of the American economy. I tell you what if you think were so polluted why dont you go back a hundred years and take a swim in some of the rivers in the worlds most industrial cities back then. And you might realize America has the cleanest factorys and power plants in the world.

So you are to decide what we drive I guess. And I guess you dont ever get any fed ex deliverys from those big trucks they use. And when you move from home to home you use a horse and wagon im sure. And somebody like me who comes to your home and does repairs on your stove I should be keeping all my tools in a wheel barrel that I cart around town by hand. PLEASE THINK A LITTLE before you making really, really dumb comments.

The economy is not getting better. Where do you get this nonsense. The real Unemployment is at 17 percent. People are still losing jobs over a 100,000 a month. We are a broke nation and Obama destroying capitalism is not helping. Small business people are not hiring or expanding. I was thinking about expanding by hiring someone but that is out the door with the 100 plus proposed taxes that will come our way. Obama has this dream of a socialist, marxist government and its not friendly to America. PLEASE show me the proof of the economy getting better!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ford plasko

avatar

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-10-13
Location : Central Florida

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:07 pm

I'm sure that the same people that get all upset by someone else driving a larger vehicle are also willing to do away with their air conditioning and heating.It's easy to pick your adversary, but not being a hypocrite is a little more difficult.All you have to do is look at Al Gore's lifestyle.He sure as heck isn't going to give up his comforts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRUE LIBERTY

avatar

Posts : 1089
Join date : 2009-10-21
Location : OVIEDO, FLORIDA

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:59 pm

ford plasko wrote:
I'm sure that the same people that get all upset by someone else driving a larger vehicle are also willing to do away with their air conditioning and heating.It's easy to pick your adversary, but not being a hypocrite is a little more difficult.All you have to do is look at Al Gore's lifestyle.He sure as heck isn't going to give up his comforts.

And im sure he will be the first one to ***** and moan when the government comes into his home and controls the temp that government thinks it should be on his thernostat. And then ask how did this happen that they are controling what I do in my home. And when standards are put on vehicles that current tech cant provide yet and we have these little tin cans people are getting killed in because they are sacrificing safety for gas mileage. Again this liberal will ask why is this happening? They dont think! They just react to what feels good at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justice.
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:04 pm

Actually I think the government should go into the homes to stop global warming. Along with stop people from driving gas guzzling hogs. The only reason people drive SUVs is because it is a status symbol. Hey look at me I am driving a big vehicle because I am better then you.

Not to mention that SUVs and Trucks are more dangerous then cars.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

avatar

Posts : 1089
Join date : 2009-10-21
Location : OVIEDO, FLORIDA

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:11 am

Justice. wrote:
Actually I think the government should go into the homes to stop global warming. Along with stop people from driving gas guzzling hogs. The only reason people drive SUVs is because it is a status symbol. Hey look at me I am driving a big vehicle because I am better then you.

Not to mention that SUVs and Trucks are more dangerous then cars.


Here is a article to show once again your wrong.

So here we are, trying to convince American motorists to abandon their SUV’s for smaller, more fuel-efficient vehicles, to do their bit to reduce global warming and eliminate the need for messy military entanglements. And along comes a scientific study from a reputable independent organization that concludes that you’re safer in an SUV than a passenger car. Nuts.
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/iihs-and-nhtsa-agree-suvs-safer-than-cars/

So its not so much that your uninformed, its that you have no respect for what our founding fathers wrote and have fallen for the failed policies of socialism/marxism. And the hoax of global warming to further their crazy cause.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eber322

avatar

Posts : 2646
Join date : 2009-10-10
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:15 am

Anybody who claims a car is safer to drive then a SUV or truck is simply clueless. Those little hybrids are total death traps. All you have to do is look at accidents between trucks/SUVs and passenger cars and you will see 90% of the time the car passengers are hurt far worse or killed.

Not to mention how much safer it is to drive a truck with four wheel drive in winter conditions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4214
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:06 am

I will keep my Silverado no matter what.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   

Back to top Go down
 
Global Warming.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» So will speaking out against global warming be illegal?
» This is the proof of the REAL agenda behind global warming!!!
» warming pies?
» Global Online Motorsports Association
» Nick and Nina Clooney attend Global Citizen Forum 2015 Monaco October 10 2015

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sci Fi Forums :: The Basement. :: Politics 101-
Jump to: