Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Who is running the United States?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

Who is running the United States? Empty
PostSubject: Who is running the United States?   Who is running the United States? EmptyMon May 20, 2013 8:57 am

The president didn't know that the Inspector General was investigating his IRS for targeting political enemies. The president didn't know anything about his Justice Department's seizure of Associated Press phone records. The Attorney General didn't know anything about his department's subpoena of AP records. But then again, Holder's the one who didn't know anything about Fast & Furious either.

And of course Hillary didn't know anything about the requests for help in Benghazi. And Joe Biden, well he just doesn't know anything about anything. So who's running the joint?

It bothers me just a bit that Obama considers all of this to be "fleeting issues". What really bothers me, is Congress seemingly doing nothing about it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Who is running the United States?   Who is running the United States? EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:05 pm

I do not think Obama is running the United States. I think he handed it off to some cronies.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Who is running the United States?   Who is running the United States? EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:23 pm

Obama is aware of what is going on, he's the one who ordered the IRS targeting of of conservatives. But he doesn't really call the shots, his Bilderberg masters do.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Who is running the United States?   Who is running the United States? EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:44 pm

eber322 wrote:
Obama is aware of what is going on, he's the one who ordered the IRS targeting of of conservatives.
I highly doubt that.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Who is running the United States?   Who is running the United States? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:14 am

ilaugh wrote:
eber322 wrote:
Obama is aware of what is going on, he's the one who ordered the IRS targeting of of conservatives.
I highly doubt that.

It really doesn't matter if he ordered it or for that matter knew about it or not.

The buck stops here.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Who is running the United States?   Who is running the United States? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:44 pm

I will say this. Obama was said to be the smartest president ever on the Don Imus show. For as smart as he is he sure doesn't know anything.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Who is running the United States?   Who is running the United States? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:05 pm

ilaugh wrote:
eber322 wrote:
I highly doubt that.
I not so sure about that. If he didn't order it then he sure did pick people who he knew would. I mean if Reagan knew about Iran Contra then Obama knew this. No way Obama did not know about Fast and Furious, IRS, Benghazi and Wire Taping News Agencies. Which the IRS thing and the wire taping should have Americans no matter what political group they follow scared as hell.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Who is running the United States?   Who is running the United States? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 6:19 pm

The AP and IRS issues are a concern with me. However I'm not entirely sure any laws were broken in the AP scandal. No "wire tapping" was involved as far as I know, i.e. the records obtained do not include the content of phone calls. I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see. I still don't care for it, and I do believe that laws such as The USA PATRIOT Act, The Electronic Communications Privacy Act and 18 USC ยง 2709 - Counterintelligence access to telephone toll and transactional records (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2709) need to be revisited and repealed.

I like the tax man as much as anyone, not at all, But I seriously doubt that what happened here was the result of a direct order from President Obama. The IRS needs to address how and why this happened and changes need to be made. We'll just have to see how things pan out.

What happened in Benghazi was tragic, but I'm not sure that there's even a scandal here. It's (the scandal) really mostly a narrative started by the right wing media during the Presidential election and while the Republicans and the right wing media have stayed with it, nothing has really come of it, scandalous wise anyway.

I don't remember anything happening to Reagan for Iran Contra, and that was high treason. I know he wasn't impeached. At any rate, the President certainly has some answering to do for these issues.

Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Who is running the United States?   Who is running the United States? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:46 pm

ilaugh wrote:
The AP and IRS issues are a concern with me. However I'm not entirely sure any laws were broken in the AP scandal. No "wire tapping" was involved as far as I know, i.e. the records obtained do not include the content of phone calls. I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see. I still don't care for it, and I do believe that laws such as The USA PATRIOT Act, The Electronic Communications Privacy Act and 18 USC ยง 2709 - Counterintelligence access to telephone toll and transactional records (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2709) need to be revisited and repealed.

I like the tax man as much as anyone, not at all, But I seriously doubt that what happened here was the result of a direct order from President Obama. The IRS needs to address how and why this happened and changes need to be made. We'll just have to see how things pan out.

What happened in Benghazi was tragic, but I'm not sure that there's even a scandal here. It's (the scandal) really mostly a narrative started by the right wing media during the Presidential election and while the Republicans and the right wing media have stayed with it, nothing has really come of it, scandalous wise anyway.

I don't remember anything happening to Reagan for Iran Contra, and that was high treason. I know he wasn't impeached. At any rate, the President certainly has some answering to do for these issues.

I will take Benghazi this round. Any laws broken no. So why not just say what happened. Why keep this stupid stuff up it does nothing but hurt. America deserves answers. What was so bad they just cannot tell the truth.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Who is running the United States?   Who is running the United States? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 1:35 am

What answers are you looking for that haven't been addressed? What "truths" are you willing to accept as true? Even the so-called whistle-blowers didn't reveal anything scandalous.

I don't particularly care for this president, and I'm not just attempting to defend him, or a personal ideology of my own, but he certainly isn't any worse, or more secretive, or scandalous than the last.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Who is running the United States?   Who is running the United States? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:40 pm

Ilaugh answer this.

Who gave the order to stand down?
Where was the president from 5pm to 3am?
Why wasn't security heightened when threats were credible?
Why was the CIA there in the first place?
Why was security denied despite repeated request?
Why weren't investigators allowed into the compound until 2 weeks later?

Just to name a few.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Who is running the United States?   Who is running the United States? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 6:03 pm

I think those questions have been answered to a large degree, just not accepted by people who really want to see this President fail.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Who is running the United States?   Who is running the United States? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:21 pm

ilaugh wrote:
At any rate, the President certainly has some answering to do for these issues.

Agreed. But we won't get any answers. He has already proven that.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Who is running the United States?   Who is running the United States? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 11:37 pm

ilaugh wrote:
I think those questions have been answered to a large degree, just not accepted by people who really want to see this President fail.
What are the answers then? Don't just give me a blanket statement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is running the United States?   Who is running the United States? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is running the United States?
Page 1 of 1