Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

The Trump Presidency

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Bandit wrote:
Well the Democrats are 0 for 2 so far. They blew it with the shutdown, and lost again when Trump gave an outstanding SOTU speech.

Sadly though, the Democrats will NOT work with the Republicans or Trump on anything. I hope the speech fired up the Republicans to take the mid-terms seriously. If they lose the House, nothing significant as far as legislature will happen. Either way the battleground has been set.
I don't think they will win the house. People like what Trump is selling. Not to mention the only message the democrats have is hate. Hate for America, blue collar jobs, the flag and the police. That is all they are about is hate. They have decided to double down on the hate.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 10:26 am

I have to agree with your assessment of the Democratic party. To address the nation after the SOTU in SPANISH is in fact divisive. It's not a message meant to unify a nation, but rather a political party. Specifically intended to the Hispanic population in the nation illegally. To avoid deportation they have to vote Democratic. You're talking 10-13 million that cannot speak English, and are here illegally.

The bigger problem is the Republican party. They are not even remotely unified. They can't agree on anything let alone a potential candidate. If they ever hope to remain in power, they better unify. If not, they will lose the house (again).
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 7:55 pm

Bandit wrote:
I have to agree with your assessment of the Democratic party. To address the nation after the SOTU in SPANISH is in fact divisive. It's not a message meant to unify a nation, but rather a political party. Specifically intended to the Hispanic population in the nation illegally. To avoid deportation they have to vote Democratic. You're talking 10-13 million that cannot speak English, and are here illegally.

The bigger problem is the Republican party. They are not even remotely unified. They can't agree on anything let alone a potential candidate. If they ever hope to remain in power, they better unify. If not, they will lose the house (again).
Oh I agree they better unify and find common ground and go after the democrats and sell hope. Trump has shown them how to fight before they were weak kneed and would not stand up. They better learn to do so. I also think that Trump has dragged a lot of republicans onboard with the exception of Flake and McCain. Who are just two of the worst republicans we can have.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Trump is royally screwing up. First by agreeing to meet Un, then firing Tillerson, and lastly planning to fire McMaster.

What a complete mess he made.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 7:09 pm

And to top it off, he congratulates Putin on being reelected! DESPITE being warned not to!

It's clear to me, he lives in his own little world. Not the one the rest of us live on. In his world he is omnipotent. Everybody loves him and wants to be him. Hardly a reality, let alone the one we all face.

Still, as I think about Clinton being in office a year, it scares the crap out of me.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 8:07 pm

Bandit wrote:
And to top it off, he congratulates Putin on being reelected! DESPITE being warned not to!

It's clear to me, he lives in his own little world. Not the one the rest of us live on. In his world he is omnipotent. Everybody loves him and wants to be him. Hardly a reality, let alone the one we all face.

Still, as I think about Clinton being in office a year, it scares the crap out of me.
Other leaders called Putin and did the same thing. Germany
German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Monday congratulated Vladimir Putin on his re-election as the Russian president, the chancellor's press service said. Also China, Italy and others.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 2:12 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Monday congratulated Vladimir Putin on his re-election as the Russian president, the chancellor's press service said. Also China, Italy and others.

You DO know what's going on in the world, right?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 2:22 pm

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

You DO know what's going on in the world, right?
Been there done that for the last 40 years. There is always something going on. It never ends. It will be going on until the sun goes Super Nova.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Been there done that for the last 40 years. There is always something going on. It never ends. It will be going on until the sun goes Super Nova.

I'm talking about the geopolitical stability of the planet dude. And no, it won't keep going on. It erupts in a world war. With the first 2, humanity got lucky and survived. Wanna guess the odds of survival in a 3rd?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 10:00 pm

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

I'm talking about the geopolitical stability of the planet dude. And no, it won't keep going on. It erupts in a world war. With the first 2, humanity got lucky and survived. Wanna guess the odds of survival in a 3rd?
No matter who is president if WW3 is going to happen it is going to happen. No one survives. No Trump is going to put harsh sanctions on Russia for the spy poisoning. The world has been going to hell since the 60s. As long as we have liberals in charge it will keep going to hell. I am not talking about here in the United States I am talking throughout the world powers. Next war will be a religious war. The Muslims when they get to become a world power we are hosed.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 11:20 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
No matter who is president if WW3 is going to happen it is going to happen. No one survives. No Trump is going to put harsh sanctions on Russia for the spy poisoning. The world has been going to hell since the 60s. As long as we have liberals in charge it will keep going to hell. I am not talking about here in the United States I am talking throughout the world powers. Next war will be a religious war. The Muslims when they get to become a world power we are hosed.

Oh stop being so apocalyptic. WW3 won't be anything like that. If you look, it's already started along 2 of the 3 fronts. The cyber war is already global, with the US being a key target. If the trade/economic war also goes global, again the US will be a key target. That will cause the crash of the global economy. That last front will be military in some fashion or another.

There has already been a religious war. Christianity lost and the Roman Catholic church fell out of grace. There won't be another. Muslims already are world powers. Have been for quite some time. India and Pakistan have been nuclear nations for a couple of decades. The latest thing there, is if Iran claims itself a nuclear power, Saudi has declared it will as well. As a whole, Muslim nations are keeping themselves in check, so not sure where you are going with that.

As far as sanctions go, none of them do any good. Russia owns way too much of the US's debt, as does China. That plays into Trump's trade wars, and thinking they are good.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 12:46 am

So did Great Britain congratulate Putin? No, they expelled all Putin's diplomats. Guess what happened next?

Expelled Russian diplomats by country:

Croatia - 1
Czech Republic - 3
Denmark - 2
Estonia - 1
Finland - 1
France - 4
Germany - 4
Hungary - 1
Italy - 2
Latvia - 1
Lithuania - 3 plus sanction 21 Russians with an additional 23 banned from the country.
Netherlands - 2
Poland - 4
Romania - 1
Spain - 2
Sweden - 1
Albania - 2
Australia - 2
Canada - 4
Norway - 1
Ukraine - 13
United States - 60

Guess who Russia will target with a response? Think it's global yet?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 3:11 pm

In this thread alone, I have often complained about how the media treats Trump. It's never in a positive light. For those media outlets that actually do support him, they also get bashed.

As I have stated elsewhere on this board, it's a battle for the media to control what you believe. That in turn controls what you think, how you respond (act) and most importantly, how you vote. Think the war is just the "news" of media? Don't be deceived. It's also throughout social media and message boards.

From nowhere USA:

Link

I'm what is now considered a white male. Here is what 2 black females have to say. I am, as they, concerned about job creation and immigration. Trump is trying, best he can. On those 2 issues, it's all I ask.

So where is Hoke County? North Carolina. Is there anyone or anything important there? Nope. At least a city? Nope. It has a place called Raeford, with a population of less than 5,000 people. So why would Facebook censor 2 black women from there? You make up your own mind.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 11:00 pm

Kudos to Trump on North Korea. I really thought he was gonna screw that up. But nope. He played them right down to the wire. He didn't even use twitter/tweeter or whatever it is! Kept his mouth shut the whole time and let the state department do it's job. And true to his nature, Kim didn't wait long to show his true colors.

So let them simmer a while and shift to Iran!
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptySat May 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Bandit wrote:
Kudos to Trump on North Korea. I really thought he was gonna screw that up. But nope. He played them right down to the wire. He didn't even use twitter/tweeter or whatever it is! Kept his mouth shut the whole time and let the state department do it's job. And true to his nature, Kim didn't wait long to show his true colors.

So let them simmer a while and shift to Iran!
Ya but some people are not seeing it that way.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Told ya! Now the MSM as well as others will bash Trump because he didn't get anything. He didn't need to, and he knows it.

North Korea has nothing to offer but denuclearization. Trump has tons to offer, but didn't. Instead he said he'll stop the joint exercises. What Kim doesn't know, is both South Korea and the US were tired of them anyway. So in effect, he offered nothing.

So the saga continues.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 6:16 pm

The big major exercises are not until 2019 anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 5:15 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
The big major exercises are not until 2019 anyway.

Yeah, but Kim can't behave a month, let alone 6. He's gonna screw up, then it'll be exercises as usual. Whatever was agreed to is meaningless.

Trump is a narcissist. Kim is not, but is trying to play that role. He is about maintaining an image of a "world power" and within his own borders, rules by fear. He needs NK to believe even Trump (U.S.) is in fear of him. Trump is in love with himself and could care less what people think of him.

So in the end, all that happened, is Kim met Trump. Nothing was resolved.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 10:18 pm

Something else I'd like to address. Tariffs. Trump keeps getting bashed over them. If you are reading this post, they have nothing to do with you. You're not a producer, you have no stocks, you're not a retailer or broker. Truth is, you are just like me. Work every damn day just trying to keep whatever you may have. We don't have financial portfolios because we have no money to create one!

But for those wealthy folks, the ones with all the stocks, the CEO's, those who make 7, 8 and 9+ digits a year, you need to be worried. You're not going to be as rich as you thought you were.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 6:34 pm

Immigration:

Kudo's for Trump for trying. But honestly, it's out of his lane. It took Congress and the SCOTUS decades to muck it all up, and only they can fix it. Despite his best efforts, all he will do is make things worse.

But the positive thing that happened because of his trying, is he woke the nation up to see what has been going on for many years. None of that political crap (Conservative/Liberal or Republican/Democrat junk). Just the flat out truth, that all are to blame.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 5:25 pm

With SCOTUS Justice Kennedy retiring, all hell will break loose in DC about his replacement.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 9:38 am

My guess is Trump will nominate Amy Barrett to the SCOTUS.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 8:49 pm

A few points:

Was wrong on Barrett. But with Kavanaugh, the Democrats are trying their best to derail his confirmation. So at least on that I was right. And Booker is a clown. I have a better shot at the big office than he does.

Woodward's book. What a load of crap. It was no better than the one that black woman wrote. I don't care what memos or notes exist on his thoughts at any given moment. I care about what he actually does. However, I do take issue with people stealing paperwork form the Presidents desk, regardless how justified they think they are. They are just like Clinton.

McCain. He was just a freaking Senator! He was never "America's Hero" and we sure as hell were not mourning his death. Flag at half-mast the day he died and the following day, that's it! Plant his arse and lets get back to work!

Lastly, I agree with Trump on freezing Federal pay.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 3:00 pm

I tried to give Ford the benefit of doubt. But no matter how hard I try, her story just doesn't ring true. As some at this board know, I was raised in the Roman Catholic faith. Kavanaugh went through one of the churches oldest, most prestigious, and difficult boarding prep schools there is. And it's all boys.

Might as well send your kid to prison. In the 4 years he was there he would have left the campus 8 times. Easter and Christmas of every year, and that was so he could worship at home with his family. That is the only time he not under the eye of the faculty (church).

There are no females period! No cheerleaders for the sports teams. When the boys go to play another team, they are closely watched. They are bused to the game and back to campus.

School would have been Monday thru Saturday with worship on Sunday. Between academics (A student) and sports (Basketball and football) he didn't have any time for girls, and certainly no way to meet any.

What Ford described sounds more like a public HS girls fantasy. Her actions of late just bolster my opinion, that all this is merely a stalling tactic by the DNC.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 11:46 am

Well the Democrats just confirmed my suspicions. Here come another accuser and she contacts the Democrats first?!?! Whatever!

Hear Ford Thursday, get a good laugh, then confirm Kavanaugh before Feinstein pulls more liars out of her rolodex.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next