Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

The Trump Presidency

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 8:02 am

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
So what kind of health care are we going to get. You all know we are heading to Single Payer right.

To tough to call. Obamacare was a nightmare. But now we are playing partisan politics, and regardless the result, the people still get screwed.
I am afraid so. My biggest concern is I am not rich but I have the best healthcare plan in the world. They will muck it up for me and millions of Military retirees.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 12:05 am

If there is a way to screw me, the government will. The fact I'm retired from active duty, and again from Federal service, means nothing to them.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 6:55 pm

Bandit wrote:
If there is a way to screw me, the government will. The fact I'm retired from active duty, and again from Federal service, means nothing to them.
In the end I think we all will get screwed.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 12:47 pm

As I said when I started this thread, Congress would be a major problem for Trump. The media as well. I saw a poll not too long ago who Americans were most angry with. Trump or Congress. Congress lost. The fact is, that people are livid with Congress. The media as well. CNN may as well be another 3 letter agency working for the establishment.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 18, 2017 5:12 pm

Bandit wrote:
As I said when I started this thread, Congress would be a major problem for Trump. The media as well. I saw a poll not too long ago who Americans were most angry with. Trump or Congress. Congress lost. The fact is, that people are livid with Congress. The media as well. CNN may as well be another 3 letter agency working for the establishment.
Agreed. I am disappointed with the republicans. Trump tells the truth about Charlottesville and the republicans go running. The fact is both groups were violent. The left is just pissed because Trump called out the Fascist group Antifa. Which they are anything but anti fascist.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 8:16 am

It isn't just that "both groups were violent". It was an Obama voting liberal who organized all the various 'alt right' groups into doing the protest in the first place. Other liberals then organized the 'counter protesters'. The mayor and his police department then stood back and let the 'counter protesters' walk in armed and attack the permitted side. The whole thing, from both sides, was orchestrated by the left. And the actually physical violence started with the 'counter protesters'. It was all a set up and no matter what Trump said after the fact, they were going to criticize and blame him.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 4:32 pm

eber322 wrote:
It isn't just that "both groups were violent". It was an Obama voting liberal who organized all the various 'alt right' groups into doing the protest in the first place. Other liberals then organized the 'counter protesters'. The mayor and his police department then stood back and let the 'counter protesters' walk in armed and attack the permitted side. The whole thing, from both sides, was orchestrated by the left. And the actually physical violence started with the 'counter protesters'. It was all a set up and no matter what Trump said after the fact, they were going to criticize and blame him.
Even the ACLU said as much. They have said that both groups were herded together so there was be a confrontation.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 9:33 am

Trump just reinstated the 1033 program. It's about friggin time!
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 10:20 pm

Bandit wrote:

I have mixed feelings about this. I feel police should be peace keepers, not soldiers. To many police already abuse their power, and this just gives them way more power to abuse. That said, with the way they are shipping in the terrorists, aka Moslems, maybe there isn't a choice. I just really don't want to see cops with full body armor, machine guns, and tanks on every corner.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 6:38 pm

eber322 wrote:

I have mixed feelings about this. I feel police should be peace keepers, not soldiers. To many police already abuse their power, and this just gives them way more power to abuse. That said, with the way they are shipping in the terrorists, aka Moslems, maybe there isn't a choice. I just really don't want to see cops with full body armor, machine guns, and tanks on every corner.

The mental image of the Police looking like Soldiers is from the media, compliments of Obama.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Bandit wrote:
The mental image of the Police looking like Soldiers is from the media, compliments of Obama.

My mental image comes from the actual images of them.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 5:03 pm

eber322 wrote:
My mental image comes from the actual images of them.

Still from the media.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 10:19 pm

True. I don't live in the big cities to see it in person. But I don't think the media is photoshopping the body armor onto them and the machine guns into their arms. I've also seen plenty of photos from non media sources online.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 9:26 pm

I understand that for much of his life, Trump never explained himself or his remarks/actions. That was his choice to make, as he did not have to. However, as POTUS he doesn't have that luxury.

His latest comments about the NFL and its players is a shocking example of what I mean.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 9:35 pm

But what does he have to explain? I thought his comments about the NFL were pretty straight forward.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 12:17 am

eber322 wrote:
But what does he have to explain? I thought his comments about the NFL were pretty straight forward.

Why he was so angry. To date, he has not. We can speculate and assume, but he has to do better than that.

After he made his comments, he could have held a press conference. Explained why he was so angry, then showed the people video clips of their children around the nation, and what they're doing.

I'd bet money the people would rally around Trump. But they don't know because the MS media tries to block it. Look at local media and you'll see it.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 2:15 pm

Puerto Rico was another disaster for Trump. EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!!!!

I could tell you why what he said, "They want everything done for them", is true. But it has to come from him!
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 7:23 am

I'm so tired of hearing about blaming Trump for Puerto Rico. Guess what? I agree with him, in they need to stand on their own two feet.

No power, water or food? I don't give a $hit! You still have your Island, buildings and homes. Look at millions in California. They truly have nothing! It's all a pile of ashes and rubble!

It's like this. When Matthew hit my state, the first responders were my state. The same for Texas when Harvey hit them. Texas responded. And yet again when Irma hit Florida. Florida responded.

But in PR, the first responders are the Federal Government?!?!? WTF???

My state is still recovering from our hurricane. It cost billions in damage. We asked the feds for 1 billion, and only got 6 million. And even that they just now paid. Trump asked for almost 5 billion to loan PR. You'd think they'd be grateful, as they don't pay federal or SS taxes. But no, they just throw down the "hispanic card" and claim racisim.

F**K you!
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 9:33 am

If it was up to me we'd cut Puerto Rico loose. All they have ever been is a drain on us, an entire welfare nation. We get nothing out of having them as a territory.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 9:55 am

eber322 wrote:
If it was up to me we'd cut Puerto Rico loose. All they have ever been is a drain on us, an entire welfare nation. We get nothing out of having them as a territory.
Ain't going to happen. 3,000,000 possible Democrat voters will only draw them closer to statehood.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 10:09 am

eber322 wrote:
Bandit wrote:

The fact that modern weapons keep increasing in performance and we have criminals taking advantage of them means our police have to upgrade. I remember when the .38 revolver was standard issue. Human tendencies to do bad things and error should give the citizens some kind of oversight of their police force but unfortunately we let police, police themselves.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 10:09 am

ford plasko wrote:
Ain't going to happen. 3,000,000 possible Democrat voters will only draw them closer to statehood.

Oh I know it won't happen. There's lots of things that should happen, things I'd do if I was king of the USA, that will probably never happen in reality. So far Puerto Rico has resisted any attempts to make them a state, they'd lose to many freebies.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 pm

eber322 wrote:

It prevents another missile crisis in the Caribbean. It also serves other uses. In other words, it has a significant strategic value.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 1:18 pm

ford plasko wrote:

They will never get statehood.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 8:02 pm

Bandit wrote:
It prevents another missile crisis in the Caribbean. It also serves other uses. In other words, it has a significant strategic value.

Yeah, it has some strategic value, not sure how significant it is in todays world. Don't see how it will prevent another missile crisis, after all it didn't prevent the last one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next