Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

The Trump Presidency

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
ford plasko

ford plasko

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 11:51 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Bandit wrote:
ford plasko wrote:
Again I have to give Trump his due. I was sure he would never keep his promise to bring the troops home. I was wrong. I've heard lots of pundits screaming like their hair is on fire about this,but I'm all for it. Except for the excuse that we leave the Kurds on their own I see no reason to continue in Syria and Afghanistan. We still have a Navy like no other and could easily reach out and defend the Kurds at any time. Bravo

As long as there is a plan, fine. But the problem is there isn't one. So that means we will end up back there.
He is not pulling troops out of Iraq just incase we need to do quick strikes into Syria.
Iraq is a semi-ally. I'm not hearing any reports of Iraqi soldiers turning on us, so as long as we don't overstay our welcome there good for them. I'm also not sure there is no plan. Trump tweets like an unruly child but I'm not seeing his administration acting like that at all.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 12:45 am

And now the 116th Congress is sworn in. Regardless of all the lies Pelosi spewed about working together with Republicans, nobody believed her.

The first order of business for Democrats will be to find something to use, to impeach Trump. Not a damn bit of legislation will be passed in the next 2 years unless Trump gets his wall. Shockingly, Republicans stand behind him on the issue. To be frank, we have spent hundreds of Billions on useless crap. Be it "cutting edge" ships or aircraft. It's not like he wants a new Air Force One. He already shot that idea down as a waste of money. And it was Democrats that wanted it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 7:14 pm

Bandit wrote:
And now the 116th Congress is sworn in. Regardless of all the lies Pelosi spewed about working together with Republicans, nobody believed her.

The first order of business for Democrats will be to find something to use, to impeach Trump. Not a damn bit of legislation will be passed in the next 2 years unless Trump gets his wall. Shockingly, Republicans stand behind him on the issue. To be frank, we have spent hundreds of Billions on useless crap. Be it "cutting edge" ships or aircraft. It's not like he wants a new Air Force One. He already shot that idea down as a waste of money. And it was Democrats that wanted it.
I think Trump is waiting on DACA. So he can hold it over Nancy's head. If the Supreme Court finds Obama's EO unconstitional Chancy. Chuck and Nancy will have no choice but to deal.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 4:09 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I think Trump is waiting on DACA. So he can hold it over Nancy's head. If the Supreme Court finds Obama's EO unconstitional Chancy. Chuck and Nancy will have no choice but to deal.

I disagree. Trump offered discussing DACA to the Democrats, and they still refused to negotiate. So now Trump has served notice, that regardless that wall will be built.

I feel that's important, because the wall is largely supported by the people.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 12:05 pm

The wall must be popular otherwise the GOP would have already caved as soon as the media started their push back.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

I disagree. Trump offered discussing DACA to the Democrats, and they still refused to negotiate. So now Trump has served notice, that regardless that wall will be built.

I feel that's important, because the wall is largely supported by the people.
He will have to go through the courts to get it built if congress does not pass it. Even if they pass it then you will have lawsuits about eminent domain. Which can last a decade.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 11:37 am

Regardless, if Trump gives up on the wall, that will be the end of his Presidency.

Interestingly enough, the harder the media slams Trump for everything, the less the people listen to them.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 10:43 pm

Kudo's to Trump for shutting Pelosi down. Suddenly a speaker wants to go to a combat zone? In the entire chain of command, to include cabinet members, the speaker is not listed, nor is any member of congress. In short, the military has no idea who she is, and certainly do not care.

Seriously, she is not nor has she ever served on any of the house military, or intelligence committees. Now all of a sudden she cares? It's a publicity stunt, plain and simple. And if it's not an excursion, why Brussels and Egypt?

Again, Trump is right. She needs to keep her butt in DC.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 8:57 pm

This is too funny. Pelosi gets busted lying:

Pelosi Lying

CNN Spreading fake news:

For the past 2 days, CNN has been saying Trump ordered Cohen to lie to Congress. As you would expect, then Democrats pounce on it, saying they'll look into it. (Democrats and CNN are the same entity).

CNN spreading fake news

Of course, now CNN blames buzzfeed, whoever they are.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 6:14 pm

Bandit wrote:

CNN Spreading fake news:

For the past 2 days, CNN has been saying Trump ordered Cohen to lie to Congress. As you would expect, then Democrats pounce on it, saying they'll look into it. (Democrats and CNN are the same entity).

now CNN blames buzzfeed, whoever they are.

Is this not Wile E. Coyote in action? They were talking impeachment a day ago. But the resist crowd hangs on again for another disappointment.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 6:23 pm

I really am getting the feeling Trump has the upper hand on this wall deal. He threw the Dems some tasty bones for their leadership to turn down. Someone is sweating, I just don't see which side or both.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 2:32 pm

ford plasko wrote:
I really am getting the feeling Trump has the upper hand on this wall deal. He threw the Dems some tasty bones for their leadership to turn down. Someone is sweating, I just don't see which side or both.

Think back to when Obama shut down the entire government. He wanted funding for Obamacare, and the Republicans refused. Back then, Pelosi was his biggest cheerleader in Congress. Eventually the Republicans caved. Now the tables are turned. Trump shut down only part of the government for his wall funding. The Democrats are blocking it, with Pelosi leading the way.

So the question is, will the Democrats cave this time? Already the shutdown has cost more than the wall. And all the fault lies with the Democrats. Trump is willing to negotiate, they are not. The more propaganda CNN and other pro Democratic party news outlets blame Trump, the less the people believe it.

Trump has the upper hand. The House is broken. People can see it. At no point has Pelosi worked with Republicans in the House. Every deal presented to Trump is from the Democrats. You never see Pelosi with the House minority leader. Only Democrat. So as long as the Senate backs Trump, Pelosi has nowhere to squirm.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 10:48 pm

So she cancels the SOTU address. No problem. He can still give one. Whats important here is 2 things. It's never happened before in our history. But now that the democrats have done it, it will happen again.

As I stated before, the people know Pelosi was lying about security concerns. Now the people know she denied the POTUS his SOTU address required by the constitution, for nothing but spite.

Yeah, she wants the old Republican party. A bunch of whimps that the Democrats can do whatever they like. Trump doesn't play that game. So far anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 2:10 pm

And Trump caves. Thus ends his presidency. I'm not interested in anymore of his rhetoric. If he could of built the wall without congress, he would have by now. I agree with Ann Coulter. Trump is the biggest whimp we ever elected into office. And he can forget 2020. Now he better pray he doesn't end up in prison.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 11:48 am

Caved

https://stiltonsplace.blogspot.com/2019/01/underground-railroaded.html

Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 12:25 am

I agree with what was in the article. Trump can go ahead and shut the gov down again, and the Democrats could care less. He still won't get the wall. Remember, the Democrats control the media. All Trump does is make a jackass of himself on Twitter.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 7:45 pm

Bandit wrote:
I agree with what was in the article. Trump can go ahead and shut the gov down again, and the Democrats could care less. He still won't get the wall. Remember, the Democrats control the media. All Trump does is make a jackass of himself on Twitter.
To bad he does that. Because if he did not make an ass of himself on twitter his approval would be so much higher. At least if you are going to tweet do it classy.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 11:59 am

Because if he did not make an ass of himself on twitter  Yeah it's become his brand now. I see he has backed off some but wait till election time.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 5:05 pm

As I posted earlier, Trump blew it. For the rest of this term, he will get NO legislation passed. Furthermore, the Democrats want him crucified, and are not pulling any punches doing so.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Bandit wrote:
As I posted earlier, Trump blew it. For the rest of this term, he will get NO legislation passed. Furthermore, the Democrats want him crucified, and are not pulling any punches doing so.
Rasmussen has Trump at 52% now. Clearly something is working. He did get crime reform done.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 1:52 pm

I'm getting the impression, if Mueller ever finishes they will not release the findings to the public.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 12:57 pm

So the Senate has 2 choices.

1. Support Trump (with reservations)
2. Support the Democrats and be their whipping boy for the rest of my natural life and then some.

If the Senate passes the resolution, Trump will still veto it. And they cannot override his vote. But it sends a message to all Republicans. Bow to the Democrats.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 5:03 pm

National Politics anymore, is simply put, a train wreck. Sadly, it isn't Trump's fault.

I still stand by my last post. Either the Republicans fight, or forget EVER being in power again.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 5:18 pm

I'm sick of hearing about impeachment. Impeach him or shut the f**k up already! Gripe Gripe Gripe

The only reason they have not, is they have nothing. They do it anyway, it's a huge risk. They have no solid evidence on anything he did as POTUS. Democrats are out of control in Congress. They are abusing the right to subpoena for party reasons, which violates the Constitution. It clearly states it's meant for a congressional investigation, into whether or not legislation needs to be created or passed. It is also used to investigate evidence that the POTUS violated the law while in office. If so impeach.

None of that is happening here. Instead, they are issuing subpoenas to every freaking body. Just to find some sort of dirt on Trump up to 20 years ago, until his inauguration. WTF???

And after spending 2 friggin years investigating Trump and company, now suddenly his report isn't good enough? blink Subpoena him too!

It isn't Trump who is out of control. It's the house, or simply put, Democrats.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 1:23 am

Here we go with impeachment again. Not gonna happen, but it is entertaining watching Trump spaz on Twitter. ROFL

Trump should just keep his mouth shut, but we know that ain't gonna happen.

Wonder if Melania has an impeachment outfit picked out. popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Trump Presidency   The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next