Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

What is wrong with Young people Today?

Go down 
+2
eber322
Pissedoffvulcan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

What is wrong with Young people Today? Empty
PostSubject: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:09 am

I am sorry but I am reading about the online and text bullying. Kids omitting suicide because of it. Have kids today become total wimps? Name calling in school has gone on for centuries. Now all of a sudden you get a little technology and kids are offing themselves. I am sorry simple salution if you are getting text messages you do not like then change your number and only give to people you need to. If you are on Facebook, Myspace then either delete those or block those people.

Bullying is no worse today then it was when I was in High School. Matter of fact I think it was worse when I was in school because it was up close and personal. Whats the difference in texting then say writing on the bathroom wall? I am sorry but until someone can convince me otherwise I think it is being used as an excuse for other problems.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:35 am

I agree. I also thinks it's the parents fault to an extent for giving their kids all these useless expensive tech toys to begin with. There's no way I'd give my kids stupid @ss cellphones, Ipads, etc, etc that are good for doing nothing but screwing off and cost a lot of money. Kids don't need that cr@p. Instead of doing their school work, or listening to the teacher, they're sitting in class playing video games and sexting each other. If I was a teacher I wouldn't allow any of that cr@p in the classroom. Better yet, if I had the power I'd ban all that stuff from school grounds period.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:46 am

I think the lawyers are salivating at the lawsuits that are going to fly against the schools which has already started and against the texting companies.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 10:14 pm

The problem is kids are over protected from life. I mean their wearing helmets when riding bikes. Getting hurt is a part of life and they need to experience some of it. The parents and teachers are trying to convince kids they are all very special even if you fail. Not all kids are special. They need to learn they are going to fail at things in life and they need to move on and try again until you find your calling. Political correctness and liberalism has done this to the children of today. One thing ive noticed though is you can always tell the difference between a home schooled kid compared to most public school kids. They are polite, well spoken and happy and well adjusted.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:44 am

That's a good point. When I was kid, just twenty some years ago, nobody wore helmets while riding a bike. Yet I never heard of a single kid ever getting hurt or killed because they weren't wearing one. I did know one kid who crashed his bike riding through the woods and broke his arm, but that's the only major bike injury I ever heard about. I'll bet nowadays if you let your kid ride without a helmet you'd probably have Child Welfare and/or the cops beating on your door.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:23 am

And yet amazingly this starving artist will remain a starving artist even after his fifteen minutes of fame.
Back to top Go down
steve2112

steve2112

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:56 am

We had this crap in the 80's with those kids that killed themselves and the parents blamed it on dungeons and dragons. There was something already wrong with these kids. If it wasn't the gay thing, something else would have sent them over the top. It's just a chance for the special interest groups to get some media exposure and further their agenda.

And yes kids do have it easy these days. Heck you don't even have to win a game anymore and you still get a trophy.. So kids don't feel bad for being losers. They are way overprotected. Also the whole institution of manhood has been 'girled down' thanks to feminists. Men are being retrained with every new generation to be sheep and servents in a woman's world.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:08 pm

ford plasko wrote:
And yet amazingly this starving artist will remain a starving artist even after his fifteen minutes of fame.
O.K. So this post is in the wrong place. That will teach me to read the posts before adding my reply :oops:
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:07 pm

I grew up in a BARRIO. Notice I said a BARRIO. My family was the ONLY Black family in that whole entire NEIGHBORHOOD of MEXICANS. Talk about a target of bullies, MY bullies were the local GANG! Nobody made ME kill myself, and the whole school administration and my folks knew what was going on. Did I kill myself? Well I obviously did not. Did my folks support me? Well, funny thing about that, mom told me she could take me into school, call the police to report what was happening, but in the end I had to find a way to deal with them. So I did, and did it with no violence (though mom finally broke down and asked how I got them to leave me alone 30 YEARS LATER! I literally just stopped showing fear (and prayed a WHOLE LOT) and it stopped!

Now if only mom had raised THOSE kids!
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 6:01 pm

My bullying stopped when I punched the bully in the face. Man the whole school was shocked. But that ended that.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:23 am

Reminds me when I was a 12 year old kid I let this kid pick on me every day until I went to my to dad. So my dad said you got to face your fears son. He drags me out the house to find this kid in the neighborhood. We find him on his bike with other boys and two other girls talking. My father told me to get over their push that that kid off that bike and tell him your not going to take him bothering every day anymore at the bus stop. This boy was bigger then me and and a grade higher and and was wondering why did I share this problem with my father? So I go up this kid give him a half hearted shove and tell him he his going to leave me alone. He warns me if I don't go away he is going to kick my butt so I do it again. He gets off his bike and I try to put up a fight but he gets me in a head lock and proceeds to punch me in the face repeatedly until he his tired. But I remember my dad telling me before he sends me to get beaten up to a pulp bullies dont like people who fight back. So even though im crying beaten on the ground I get up swinging like a wild person until one more time until im not worth his trouble anymore to beat up. On the way home I remember my father was proud of me for not giving up and ended taking 10 years of competition kicking boxing until I was 22 years old. I even became very good friends with that kid for many years until he left the state. I also my remember my dad being in so much trouble with my step mom that day for doing that to me. But it really was the start of helping me become a man and taking personal responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Nice. The journey AND the ending!
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:57 am

eber322 wrote:
That's a good point. When I was kid, just twenty some years ago, nobody wore helmets while riding a bike. Yet I never heard of a single kid ever getting hurt or killed because they weren't wearing one. I did know one kid who crashed his bike riding through the woods and broke his arm, but that's the only major bike injury I ever heard about. I'll bet nowadays if you let your kid ride without a helmet you'd probably have Child Welfare and/or the cops beating on your door.

This reminds me of one more of my childhood stories I shared with my wife that my dad did to me to teach me a lesson. My wife thinks my father was way to hard on me at 12 and gets really mad at him when they talk. Anyways to earn some cash every Sunday I would have to ride my bike 10 miles to my dads office to clean it for $20. I remember one Sunday I had gotten their and forgotten the key. Had a quarter called my dad at a gas station to ask if he could bring the key. He said you should have remembered and better start peddling back. When the day was done I had peddled 40 miles back and forth and cleaned the office. Never have forgotten any key ever again EVER!
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:24 am

Taught you a valuable lesson he he.
Back to top Go down
steve2112

steve2112

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 8:32 am

ok if we're all sharing.. LOL

I was bullied all my life. From grade school all the way through high school. Biggest problem I had for this was my mother. I'm an only child raised by a single parent. No father figure in the picture at all. My mother drilled into my head day after day to never lift your hand in violence for any reason, not even to defend yourself. Don't get me wrong I could usually talk my way out of any kind of a$$ whooping, but I was left feeling bitter. Sometimes you just have to stand up and fight back. I took martial arts as a teen in an effort to break that programming but it never really took.

My final solution got people to leave me alone, but also alienated me from everyone in high school. I took a more Dylan Klebold/Eric Harris approach. I used to bring the Anarchist's Cookbook to school and leave it out on my desk. Bullys came by to make fun of the book and I would tell them it's a bomb making book and I'm going to use it to blow up their house with their families in it if they didn't leave me alone. They believed me. I even brought a gun to school once. Was sitting in science class one day and my science teached decided to bully me that day. Tore me a new one and don't remember why. Told me I was a stupid bum and I'd never amount to anything.. Had the hand on the gun in my bag the whole time. It was an old Colt 44 Peacemaker.. Well he left the room and my friend was in front of me. He turned around and asked me what that was all about. I showed him the gun and told my friend how lucky that teacher is to be alive right now. I never brought the gun to school again, but I'm sure word got around that I carry.

I don't know maybe I am hard on these kids today, but no matter how many stupid things I did or how alone I felt, no matter how much I wanted to end it all in a blaze of glory I never did. I was never strong, never had a ton of friends, girls hate me, got nothing going for me at all except being Sicilian and knowing the usefulness of a well placed threat. Not sure there is any ultimate solution to this problem except that children pay the price for lousy parents. But at the same time when you got a kid with an underlying problem or the kid is just born bad, no amount of good parenting is going to save that kid.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:26 pm

steve2112 wrote:
ok if we're all sharing.. LOL

I was bullied all my life. From grade school all the way through high school. Biggest problem I had for this was my mother. I'm an only child raised by a single parent. No father figure in the picture at all. My mother drilled into my head day after day to never lift your hand in violence for any reason, not even to defend yourself. Don't get me wrong I could usually talk my way out of any kind of a$$ whooping, but I was left feeling bitter. Sometimes you just have to stand up and fight back. I took martial arts as a teen in an effort to break that programming but it never really took.

My final solution got people to leave me alone, but also alienated me from everyone in high school. I took a more Dylan Klebold/Eric Harris approach. I used to bring the Anarchist's Cookbook to school and leave it out on my desk. Bullys came by to make fun of the book and I would tell them it's a bomb making book and I'm going to use it to blow up their house with their families in it if they didn't leave me alone. They believed me. I even brought a gun to school once. Was sitting in science class one day and my science teached decided to bully me that day. Tore me a new one and don't remember why. Told me I was a stupid bum and I'd never amount to anything.. Had the hand on the gun in my bag the whole time. It was an old Colt 44 Peacemaker.. Well he left the room and my friend was in front of me. He turned around and asked me what that was all about. I showed him the gun and told my friend how lucky that teacher is to be alive right now. I never brought the gun to school again, but I'm sure word got around that I carry.

I don't know maybe I am hard on these kids today, but no matter how many stupid things I did or how alone I felt, no matter how much I wanted to end it all in a blaze of glory I never did. I was never strong, never had a ton of friends, girls hate me, got nothing going for me at all except being Sicilian and knowing the usefulness of a well placed threat. Not sure there is any ultimate solution to this problem except that children pay the price for lousy parents. But at the same time when you got a kid with an underlying problem or the kid is just born bad, no amount of good parenting is going to save that kid.

WHOA! Glad never serious ever came of all that in your life.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Totally agree.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 3:34 pm

Okay will share one last childhood story. This one about sent my wife over the edge with my father when she heard this one. So three years after being a punching bag at the bus stop for the neighborhood bully. I was getting pretty good at kick boxing. Had my first girl friend and thought I was pretty cool so I was becoming a bit of a bully myself. So one day coming home getting off the bus the kids were picking on the weakest link in the group. And at that time of the year in Orlando the Oranges are just the right size to throw where they can really hurt when they hit you. Well on this day that poor kid was the target of about 6 kids. Well while we were pelting this poor kid my father was passing by and saw me attacking this poor kid. When I got home he had a bucket waiting for me and told me to grab it and come with him. We went to a orange grove and told me to fill the bucket to the top with oranges. After the bucket was filled he said pick it up and and lets go home to the fenced in back yard. He took took the bucket and advised me to avoid the oranges while he throws them at me until the bucket is empty otherwise its going to hurt. I looked back at those days and appreciate what he taught me. He didnt throw them hard enough to really hurt me just enough to get my attention. Now and days he would have been arrested for child abuse. But I think they were valuable life lessons non the less.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:52 pm

You got off 'easy', had it been MY dad (or mom), the oranges would have been a belt, and where you at least got to go home before the punishment, my dad would have pulled over and belted me all the way home, where mom would have taken over with a SWITCH! Then, of course, we would have gone o that boys house, and I would have been forced to apologize and throw myself on the mercy of the parents of that kid.

Of course, by that time, I would have considered a fife in a monastery!
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:35 pm

Walterth3rd wrote:
You got off 'easy', had it been MY dad (or mom), the oranges would have been a belt, and where you at least got to go home before the punishment, my dad would have pulled over and belted me all the way home, where mom would have taken over with a SWITCH! Then, of course, we would have gone o that boys house, and I would have been forced to apologize and throw myself on the mercy of the parents of that kid.

Of course, by that time, I would have considered a fife in a monastery!

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with Young people Today?   What is wrong with Young people Today? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is wrong with Young people Today?
Page 1 of 1