Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

This is what is wrong with America.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

This is what is wrong with America.  Empty
PostSubject: This is what is wrong with America.    This is what is wrong with America.  EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 5:40 pm

Finally got caught up with Falling Skies. I was watching the episode where they made it to Charleston. The Speaker or whatever he called himself people were not happy with him. He asked Mason to speak for him. When Mason took the side of the people the President took him into his office and chastised him for supporting his enemies.

No this guy is supposed to be representing everyone. Like today instead of the Radical Muslims being the enemy the other party or should I say any one that disagrees with them is the enemy. America has forgotten how to talk to each other.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: This is what is wrong with America.    This is what is wrong with America.  EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 2:23 pm

I disagree. America refuses to "listen". You have to be in a special "Group".

I'm not a Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Moderate, Conservative, Atheist, Agnostic, Muslim, Jew or Christian.

As such, America does not care what I say, or what I think. They're not even listening.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: This is what is wrong with America.    This is what is wrong with America.  EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Bandit wrote:
I disagree. America refuses to "listen". You have to be in a special "Group".

I'm not a Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Moderate, Conservative, Atheist, Agnostic, Muslim, Jew or Christian.

As such, America does not care what I say, or what I think. They're not even listening.
I can accept that. However a lot of times a simple conversation blows up to be a big one.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: This is what is wrong with America.    This is what is wrong with America.  EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 9:09 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I can accept that. However a lot of times a simple conversation blows up to be a big one.

If you're not willing to listen, it's going to happen. As an example, should a bona fide Liberal actually join this board, and start discussing his/her views, who's actually going to listen? Any discussion they start here will blow up.

As young NCO's, we were taught effective communication. As part of that curriculum we are taught how to be active listeners. That's to our superiors, peers and subordinates alike. Without it, there is no effective communication.

Everybody wants to be heard. Talk all you want, but its frustrating if nobody is willing to even listen.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: This is what is wrong with America.    This is what is wrong with America.  EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:47 pm

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

If you're not willing to listen, it's going to happen. As an example, should a bona fide Liberal actually join this board, and start discussing his/her views, who's actually going to listen? Any discussion they start here will blow up.

As young NCO's, we were taught effective communication. As part of that curriculum we are taught how to be active listeners. That's to our superiors, peers and subordinates alike. Without it, there is no effective communication.

Everybody wants to be heard. Talk all you want, but its frustrating if nobody is willing to even listen.
True I have emailed him and asked him to come back. I have not banned him. It was his choice. Neither have I called him a troll. Actually I thought he was kind of mellow for a liberal.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: This is what is wrong with America.    This is what is wrong with America.  EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 8:10 pm

Bandit wrote:
So what are you Bandit? Everybody has an ideology.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: This is what is wrong with America.    This is what is wrong with America.  EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 3:57 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
True I have emailed him and asked him to come back. I have not banned him. It was his choice. Neither have I called him a troll. Actually I thought he was kind of mellow for a liberal.

What are you talking about? It must be something that happened before I joined.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is what is wrong with America.    This is what is wrong with America.  Empty

Back to top Go down

This is what is wrong with America.
Page 1 of 1