Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

What's the deal with Farscape?

Go down 
+2
Pissedoffvulcan
eber322
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

What's the deal with Farscape? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Farscape?   What's the deal with Farscape? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Ya he had some direct ones that I deleted. But the closeted gay thing is something that I expected from the left. Maybe I should have deleted it. But I was more then fair to him.

No, I think you should have done as you did and left it. That type of behavior that is common in almost all liberals, no matter how high up, speaks more than anything else they say.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Farscape?   What's the deal with Farscape? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:56 pm

Hmm... I question editing posts at all, outside of removing obscenity. Insults & such say more about the poster than the target. Obviously, I can't speak for everyone, but if he had hurled a load of insults at me, I wouldn't want them edited, I'd rather he hang himself out to dry.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Farscape?   What's the deal with Farscape? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:14 pm

I was not going to let him get away with doing that. If he wanted to make a point fine. I figure he did it thinking I would delete the whole post. Then claim I was not being fair.

Nor did I want it to turn into a screaming match.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Farscape?   What's the deal with Farscape? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:38 pm

POV, you might trust US to show restraint in how we respond. I find in life, the louder the other person yells, the more profanities they throw my way, they get madder when I do NOT respond in kind, and they look SMALLER in everyone else's eyes!

Just a thought, but do what you deem wisest. We wouldn't want YOU to get bounced by the Moderator or anything! :scratch:

Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Farscape?   What's the deal with Farscape? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 3:01 pm

Come on guys there has to be some limits. If I got mad and said to a member (in this case fictional with censored swears), "Cornholio, you're a stupid mother %@#$*&^ *^%$ of a ^%#$^!!!!!" Then of course POV should edit that. It's one thing to let them show their biased stupidity, which is why I didn't call for his ban or retaliate after his implied insults. But you can't let people say literally anything, especially name calling, or you'd end up driving people away. How would a site full of swearing and personal insults look to new people? It would either drive them away or entice more of the same type to join making the whole thing worse.

Come to think of it, I guess I did retaliate to an extent with my joke posts about being a closeted gay racist and the one about Nazi zombies spreading Christianity. Ok, I'm not perfect. But I did poke fun at his insults and silly comments without resorting to his name calling tactics. Maybe I should have refrained all together, but even as a kid I only bullied bullies.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Farscape?   What's the deal with Farscape? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Walterth3rd wrote:
POV, you might trust US to show restraint in how we respond. I find in life, the louder the other person yells, the more profanities they throw my way, they get madder when I do NOT respond in kind, and they look SMALLER in everyone else's eyes!

Just a thought, but do what you deem wisest. We wouldn't want YOU to get bounced by the Moderator or anything! :scratch:

Walter I just do not want this place to turn into MPP you and I know how that site turned out. No one even posts or visits there anymore. Guess I can take the blame for that one. Do not want to repeat that mistake.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Farscape?   What's the deal with Farscape? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:52 pm

LOL, yeah, you are right. I was just 'missing' him is all. UGH :affraid: did I just WRITE that?
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Farscape?   What's the deal with Farscape? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Walterth3rd wrote:
LOL, yeah, you are right. I was just 'missing' him is all. UGH :affraid: did I just WRITE that?

Hey Walter, if I start calling you names will you feel better? Lol. 👅
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Farscape?   What's the deal with Farscape? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:40 pm

We can call Walter an Angry black man. Oh wait he already called himself that. :P
Back to top Go down
2sage

2sage

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Farscape?   What's the deal with Farscape? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:15 pm

You know, I have found that I just can't be as offensive or mean spirited as a liberal. They have the knack. They know how to fight dirty and they always kick you while you're down. And, the truth is, some of their attacks are pretty clever as well as vicious.

I tried being mean-spirited once, to a girl on SciFi. I was going to try to be just as condescending, self-righteous and vitriolic as one of them. I thought carefully about the insult I was going to make, how I was going to rub it in, and send her crying back to the powder room. Not only didn't my insult have much effect but I ended apologizing for saying it. I decided I didn't want to fight that way. I want to try to stay on the issues. I'll call them on being willfully ignorant but I'm not going to try to score points on viciousness anymore.

Liberals have the gift, I don't. They know how to twist a knife in the wound, and have it knack for it that I'm never going to have. Maybe it's because the master they serve also has the knack. I don't know.

Liberals are going to fight dirty. If they didn't they wouldn't liberals. The best we can do is rub the truth in their face until they choke on it.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Farscape?   What's the deal with Farscape? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:41 pm

2sage, I gotta agree with you, while I was RAISED learning (and living) the 'Dirty Dozens' style of meanness, I never quite got the knack, so I ALWAYS 'lost' because I just could never bring myself to BE so mean and cold hearted! Even my ex-wife, as brutal and vicious as she was to me, after a few months I didn't hold much in the way of animosity towards her. How 'sad' was it when she finally apologized for how she treated me, that I actually apologized BACK for not being the kind of person she wanted! She had to tell me that I WAS a GREAT man, father, and husband and I should shut my mouth with that kind of talk.

I just can't keep up with the low blow kind of debates Libs tend towards. I even stopped talking about what I believe just because I am surrounded by those who would rather see me laid low than hear the truth of what I am saying.

Oh well, God wills what HE wills, eh? ☀
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Farscape?   What's the deal with Farscape? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:41 pm

I am going through that at work now. The lady and I were great friends but she got mad at me a few times. One was when she was going out to the smoke area with her friend and sitting down for a half hour to 45 minutes at a time. Now that did not bother me but one of the co workers one day started talking about it. I said to them I do not care but technically she should not be doing it but if any of the managers ask me i would defend her.

Well about a month later the co worker told her what I said and of course she only heard technically she should be doing it. Not the rest it. it has ruined our friendship. All this time I blamed myself she also did not want my hours changed but they changed my hours to an earlier hour and that really pissed her off. We have not said 2 words to each other for about 7 months now.

Out of respect for our friendship I have told no one of what is going on. However the other day I found out she was talking about it to other people. I still have not said a word and will not. Unless someone asks me what is going on.

She does things at work to try and make it harder on me and although I am tempted to say something and have it out I know deep down that is what she wants and hopes I will say something that would get me fired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Farscape?   What's the deal with Farscape? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the deal with Farscape?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2