Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions. Empty
PostSubject: 30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions.   30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: 30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions.   30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:53 pm

That's not really something to call wrong. All groups want something and try to get politicians to give it to them. In the last election the Tea Party got a lot of people elected and they are already threatening to get them booted in the next election if they don't do what the TPers want. Just becuase this is a union doing the same thing, doesn't make it wrong.

Political policies are supposed to based on the will of the people and this is a faction of the people. The only question is whether they have the numbers to control the outcome on their own, or if they need others groups/individuals to vote with them.

Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: 30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions.   30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:55 pm

eber322 wrote:
That's not really something to call wrong. All groups want something and try to get politicians to give it to them. In the last election the Tea Party got a lot of people elected and they are already threatening to get them booted in the next election if they don't do what the TPers want. Just becuase this is a union doing the same thing, doesn't make it wrong.

Political policies are supposed to based on the will of the people and this is a faction of the people. The only question is whether they have the numbers to control the outcome on their own, or if they need others groups/individuals to vote with them.

Correct but they are not funded by the tax payer. As public unions are.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: 30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions.   30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:42 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Ok, I get what you're saying now. However there's still a problem here. Regardless of whether the union is public funded or not, the individuals that make it up can still go out and vote as a block. So, even though you have a point, there is no way to stop these kinds of unions from sending out their members to vote... unless you want to deny people the right to vote because they belong to public funded unions?

Or do you want to remove the rights of public employees to unionize? Unions, despite their problems, are a very necessary component of the work place. I'm far more concerned with the employers that are allowed to deny their workers the right to unionize than I am with the existing unions. I wouldn't deny anybody the right to unionize, in fact I'd penelize any employer that denied their employees that right, including the government.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: 30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions.   30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions. EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:01 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Ok, I get what you're saying now. However there's still a problem here. Regardless of whether the union is public funded or not, the individuals that make it up can still go out and vote as a block. So, even though you have a point, there is no way to stop these kinds of unions from sending out their members to vote... unless you want to deny people the right to vote because they belong to public funded unions?

Or do you want to remove the rights of public employees to unionize? Unions, despite their problems, are a very necessary component of the work place. I'm far more concerned with the employers that are allowed to deny their workers the right to unionize than I am with the existing unions. I wouldn't deny anybody the right to unionize, in fact I'd penelize any employer that denied their employees that right, including the government.
Federal government does have the right for collective bargaining. Neither should the states. I work for the State of Virginia and we have no union and we are doing just fine.
Back to top Go down
Coyote-Loco

Coyote-Loco

PostSubject: Re: 30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions.   30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions. EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:19 am

If you work for the public and paid by the public, a union with public funds is a conflict of interest isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions.   30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions. Empty

Back to top Go down

30 seconds whats wrong with public workers unions.
Page 1 of 1