Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. Empty
PostSubject: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:17 am

We may not agree here who should be the president. But we can agree that it should not be Romney. But really we all know its going to be him as much as we want to deny it. But Ron Paul is sucking up a lot of the vote with a lot of surprise from the media. What if Mitt picked Ron Paul for Vice President would you then give Romney your support?

From one of my most favorite websites has articles that I really trust has left me disapointed with Santorum. And no way will he now get my vote.

Santorum– A Progressive That Feels You Have No Right To Be Left Alone

If your looking for a presidential candidate that will roll back the regulatons and taxes that are suffocating our society Rick Santorum is not it. His brand of conservatism has nothing to do with the constitution or the freedoms it provides. He is no different than the very long list of past and present progressive candidates (both republican and democrat) that want to control your lives through bigger government and trample your ability to persue your own happiness because of their desire to dictate to you how to live.

On his campaign web site Santorum claims that his greatest responsibility is “to protect the freedoms we enjoy.” But, as Judge Napolitano points out in the following report, Rick Santorum is no friend of limited government or personal freedom and individual responsibility. Like our President, when in public Mr. Santorum’s comments are carefully scripted to assuage the emotional needs of the sheeple. Every so often, however, even the most careful politician lets his true inner self slip out. Mr. Santorum did so in a recent radio interview:

One of the criticisms I make is to what I refer to as more of a Libertarianish right.

They have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do, government should keep our taxes down, keep our regulations low, and that we shouldn’t get involved in the bedroom, we shouldn’t get involved in cultural issues. That is not how traditional conservatives view the world.

There is no such society that I am aware of, where we’ve had radical individualism and that it succeeds as a culture.

We can think of one such culture that did just fine with radical individualism for quite a while, until politicians life Mr. Santorum decided they needed to get involved in the labor force, taxation, monetary policy, commerce, our right to be secure in our homes and persons, and our ability to defend ourselves against threats from those who feel the rule of Constitutional law does not apply to them.

This video finished it for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1Gwwmm-cQxU
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:05 am

There is no perfect candidate. Maybe we should let Obama have second term and start over.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Romney sucks big time, he's a democrat in a elephant skin. However, it isn't clear cut yet that he'll get the nomination. Counting the delegates won in just Iowa and N.H., Romney has 14 delegates, Paul 10, and Santorum 8. It's not forgone yet. (All the other candidates have 2 apiece.)

Despite what the media reports, Santorum won Iowa with 8 delegates, Romney and Paul tied for second with 7 apiece. Romney won N.H. with 7, Paul came in second with 3.

Just looking at New Hampshire, it looks like Romney will blow everybody away, but that was expected to be his strongest state. If he repeats that in South Carolina, then I'll start to worry.

I doubt Ron Paul would ever take a VP with Romney. Romney is a plastic fantastic bulls--t politician, the exact kind Paul is against. Romney is really just Obama.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Dammit!

My choices are several progressivess.

A weak republican who probably should not be allowed to run for president in the first place.

And a person in my opinion a full fledged isolationist and weak on intelligence in a world with insane weapons with people that hate America.

And our current dictator.

Lots of horrible choices. Really depressing. I guess I could hope for more Tea Party people winning in the senate.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 7:37 pm

ssvs04 wrote:
Dammit!

A weak republican who probably should not be allowed to run for president in the first place.

And a person in my opinion a full fledged isolationist and weak on intelligence in a world with insane weapons with people that hate America.

Lots of horrible choices. Really depressing. I guess I could hope for more Tea Party people winning in the senate.
Sucks don't it. Romney will nominate liberal judges. I know Ron would not nominate liberal judges. You know Ron Paul might have some whacked out foreign policy views but the more I look at the others the more I see Obama clones.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
ssvs04 wrote:
Dammit!

Sucks don't it. Romney will nominate liberal judges. I know Ron would not nominate liberal judges. You know Ron Paul might have some whacked out foreign policy views but the more I look at the others the more I see Obama clones.

Are we being turned to the dark side :suspect:
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:36 pm

I don't know man. The darkside lol. I just at this point am frustrated. I don't trust Romney Paul while whacked out foreign policy maybe he is the answer for the domestic stuff. Romney is not the answer for domestic or foreign. I guess just let it play out and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:58 am

I thought my dad had a pretty good theory about Ron Paul. He knows he doesnt have a chance to win the nomination. He is getting up there in years and before its over has a goal to get to the Republican convention to do his speech for all to hear. And basically pass on the reigns to his son Rand to continue what he started and grew.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:22 pm

ssvs04 wrote:
I thought my dad had a pretty good theory about Ron Paul. He knows he doesnt have a chance to win the nomination. He is getting up there in years and before its over has a goal to get to the Republican convention to do his speech for all to hear. And basically pass on the reigns to his son Rand to continue what he started and grew.
I think Rand will be a viable candidate. I think what has me pissed more then anything is Palin, Jindal Rubio did not run. Anyone of those 3.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Palin I would have liked her to run. Jindal I he seems like a good conservative but just dont know a lot about him. And I honestly think its to soon for Rubio to be president. He needs a little seasoning on the in and outs of that world.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:37 pm

Rubio isn't qualified. His parents were citizens of Cuba when he was born. Jindal's parents were both citizens of India when he was born.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:27 am

eber322 wrote:
Rubio isn't qualified. His parents were citizens of Cuba when he was born. Jindal's parents were both citizens of India when he was born.

And then there is that.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:31 am

eber322 wrote:
At this point I really don't care.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:30 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
eber322 wrote:

You sound like my father! Then he gives me that stop listening to Ron Paul look of going off the deep end :)
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:49 am

As far as I am concerned Rubio was born on United States soil. If we can have guy in the White House born in Kenya then we can have Rubio.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:50 am

Rush Limbaugh made a great point. No matter how bad you think Romney is. He is no where near close to Obama.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 3:08 pm

eber322 wrote:

ssvs04 wrote:
And then there is that.
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

That's what everybody should be caring about. Whenever a Constitutional right/rule/law whatever is being ignored or violated, it is the most important thing to the nation.

Doesn't matter whether Obama was born in the US or Kenya, he isn't eligible either way as his Father was British.

I don't hold these beliefs because I listen to Ron Paul, I support Ron Paul because he believes the same things I do about the Constitution. I held these beliefs before I ever listened to him or knew what he was all about.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:59 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Rush Limbaugh made a great point. No matter how bad you think Romney is. He is no where near close to Obama.

We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. MITT
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:54 pm

eber322 wrote:
eber322 wrote:

ssvs04 wrote:
And then there is that.
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

I don't hold these beliefs because I listen to Ron Paul, I support Ron Paul because he believes the same things I do about the Constitution. I held these beliefs before I ever listened to him or knew what he was all about.

I understand that and neither do I. Just throwing a little humor out there.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am

ssvs04 wrote:
This video finished it for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1Gwwmm-cQxU
Wow - that was an eye-opening video! I had never seen that Santorum quote before, and I can understand why you no longer support him. He dislikes radical individualism and our right to the pursuit of happiness. Wow. Thanks for helping prove my point that Santorum isn't worth voting for. But neither is Romney or Gingrich. So who's left? My man - Ron Paul.

If you listened closely to the video, David Boaz of the Cato Institute stated that if you value smaller government, the only man who supports that is Ron Paul. Napolitano didn't disagree, in fact he suggested it.

So, are you finally with me and eber322 here?

BTW, GUERILLATICS is your favorite website? I'll have to peruse it. :-)
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Like I said before and it was proved last night. Ron Paul is brilliant on the domestic stuff. But batpoo crazy on foreign stuff. I know you will disagree on me with this but that is how I feel and I am not going to change my mind.

Having served in the military Ron Paul makes it sound like our brethren died for nothing. I don't hold to that.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:05 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Having served in the military Ron Paul makes it sound like our brethren died for nothing. I don't hold to that.
I also served, and I support Paul. In fact, more active duty military people support Paul than all the other candidates COMBINED! They're sick of our useless wars and want to come home. Can you understand that? So honor them by voting for Ron Paul, and he'll bring them home.

Now, as for your desire to believe that all the wars America ever fought were totally justified and necessary, all patriots want to believe that of their nation. But that doesn't make them right. We'll just have to disagree here, because I believe the Civil War was unnecessary and wrong.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:50 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Like I said before and it was proved last night. Ron Paul is brilliant on the domestic stuff. But batpoo crazy on foreign stuff. I know you will disagree on me with this but that is how I feel and I am not going to change my mind.

Yes it's a matter of extremism on both sides. One side wants on every continent and the other wants us like a ghost from having presence anywhere at home.

Talk to the front liners in our military like the seals, rangers basically the guys taking the fight to them and have the best understanding of the danger that folding up our tents is not going to work. You would get a totally different opinion of just going home.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:39 pm

Skycastle wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I also served, and I support Paul. In fact, more active duty military people support Paul than all the other candidates COMBINED! They're sick of our useless wars and want to come home. Can you understand that? So honor them by voting for Ron Paul, and he'll bring them home.

Now, as for your desire to believe that all the wars America ever fought were totally justified and necessary, all patriots want to believe that of their nation. But that doesn't make them right. We'll just have to disagree here, because I believe the Civil War was unnecessary and wrong.
If they are that sick then why do they keep reenlisting. I think they are sick of Obama. I know I was sick of Clinton.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:12 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
If they are that sick then why do they keep reenlisting. I think they are sick of Obama. I know I was sick of Clinton.
If they were just sick of Obama, then they could support any Republican candidate. They're not. They're supporting Ron Paul en-masse. So it's not about Obama - it's about ending the wars and bringing them home. SO how about honoring the troops by voting for the man who will bring them home, instead of another warmonger?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.   We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it. Empty

Back to top Go down

We all know whats going to happen. Its just a matter of accepting it.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next