Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

NAACP has a racist speak.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

NAACP has a racist speak.  Empty
PostSubject: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:27 am

what amazes me is that the NAACP did not denounce this until it was reported even though this person spoke at there meeting. Not until this video surfaced did they denounce it.

Should she be investigated for civil rights violations? I say yes I also say she will not be.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:52 am

Wow. Can you imagine a white official in charge of a billion dollars of federal funds admitting in public on film that they don't help blacks as much as they could simply because they are black? That would be on the news 24/7 for a week.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Yep why didn't the NAACP point this out right away? After all I thought they were for all peoples. Because it was founded by both races.
Back to top Go down
Coyote-Loco

Coyote-Loco

PostSubject: Re: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:21 pm

Got caught, that's the only reason, :bounce:
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:25 pm

What disturbed me the most was the NAACP agreeing with her when she was giving that speech.
Back to top Go down
Coyote-Loco

Coyote-Loco

PostSubject: Re: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:29 pm

Doesn't surprise me though, any time you get a large group of people together (no matter what the race), they tend to go with their own. Human nature.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:14 pm

I would agree but I have cringed at what some people have said in large groups.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:03 am

Quote :

WASHINGTON – Prompted by the NAACP's call for the tea party movement to repudiate racism, the author of "The Tea Party Manifesto" has done just that, while calling on the NAACP to live up to its own demands by purging itself of all forms of bigotry.

Joseph Farah, author of the new book as well as editor and chief executive officer of WND, offered what he believes is a statement that explains what the tea party movement is all about while unequivocally repudiating racism: "The tea party movement seeks to promote the proper role of government in America – namely as the protector of all peoples' individual, God-given, inalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, without regard to race, color or creed."

He also offered a personal denouncement of all forms of racism: "If anyone hates other people and wishes them ill because of the color of their skin, that person deserves to be vilified and berated."

Farah said the ball is now in the NAACP's park.

"Will the NAACP repudiate racism as unequivocally as I have?" he asked. "I am making the charge that the NAACP is actually doing something far worse than harboring racist feelings and thoughts. I am accusing the leadership of the group of exploiting racism for political and financial gain. I'm accusing the NAACP of propagating the myth that racism is somehow a one-way street – that blacks can never be guilty of bigotry and that whites can never be victims. Unfortunately, in 2010, that's where the racism battleground has shifted, and groups like the NAACP need to recognize it."

Farah is challenging Ben Jealous, the chairman of the NAACP, to consider whether he will "repudiate ugly, hateful racism – especially official, institutionalized racism -- on behalf of his organization."

Farah points to the dismissal by the U.S. Justice Department of a criminal case against members of the New Black Panther Party charged with intimidation of white voters at a polling place and the subsequent testimony of the U.S. attorney handling the case that it was done so for racial reasons as an example of the new form of racism rearing its head in America.

Farah asks Jealous if he will join the chorus for "a full and complete and impartial investigation of the Justice Department's actions and inactions in the New Black Panther Party case? If not, why not?"

Further, he asks: "Will you repudiate racism of all kinds in America, including the most overt and institutionalized kind when government enforces racial preferences in hiring, firing, college enrollments and awarding of contracts? If not, why not?"

Lastly, he challenges: "Will you state as clearly as Martin Luther King Jr., the father of the modern civil rights movement in America, did that our goal as a nation should be to create a society in which all of us are judged, not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character?"

Farah points out that he marched for civil rights with Martin Luther King because of that dream for a color-blind society, but sees that dream being betrayed by groups like the NAACP, which, he says, have sold out for government giveaway programs and racial preferences.
Back to top Go down
Coyote-Loco

Coyote-Loco

PostSubject: Re: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 4:45 pm

I stand corrected after watching Glenn Beck last night. It appears that a large portion of the video was conveniently left out. Later in the video she states that it happened some years ago and that she has since learned that it has nothing to do with race at all. She was actually using her past actions as a point that race was not a good reason.

This is what happens if you take things out of context, the very same as lying really.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:17 pm

Like I said I was more disturbed with the people saying thats right instead of what she said. Granted it happened years ago. But as any activist will tell you once a racist always a racist.
Back to top Go down
Coyote-Loco

Coyote-Loco

PostSubject: Re: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:10 pm

I will agree with you there POV, but let's face it like I said earlier, "(no matter what the race), they tend to go with their own." I said that it is Human Nature, but when you look at the world and nature, it is more like a natural thing. So, hay it is not racism as much a natural cause of nature.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:25 am

You know I talk to black people that voted for Obama. Whats gets me is they are as conservative as I am. They hate what congress is doing but they will vote for Obama again. Makes no sense to me what so ever.
Back to top Go down
Coyote-Loco

Coyote-Loco

PostSubject: Re: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:39 pm

Pretty much proves my hypothesis, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:46 pm

I think it has to do with the effectiveness of the democratic party to make think of groups rather then being and individual.
Back to top Go down
Coyote-Loco

Coyote-Loco

PostSubject: Re: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:09 pm

No question, the Dems play on the natural instincts, they are experts at propaganda and manipulation of groups. Where do you think the Nazis learn their tactics from?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NAACP has a racist speak.    NAACP has a racist speak.  Empty

Back to top Go down

NAACP has a racist speak.
Page 1 of 1