Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

US Military

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

US Military Empty
PostSubject: US Military   US Military EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 1:29 pm

Back in the day of my service, these crimes were always investigated, and if valid, prosecuted. But unless lower enlisted, always quietly. Just some senior NCO or an officer wasn't there anymore. Now, looking back, I wonder if they ever were really prosecuted. Maybe they were simply transferred to another command, and we didn't know it (quietly). Now it seems to me, that is more likely what happened.

In the news, reports are flooding congress of these crimes throughout the entirety of the US Armed forces and now even the US Coast Guard. The command knew it, and did nothing (no prosecution). Worse, the victims are often ridiculed, raped again, and usually thrown out of the service. And the offenders often continue their behavior, and separate/retire from service honorably. This has been going on since before I enlisted (1980). Remember the "Tailhook" scandal from the Navy back in the 80's? That wasn't an isolated occurrence. Just one the command couldn't cover up in time before it went public.

Well the military promised congress they would take care of it. I call bullpoo!!! All they will do is ensure congress never hears of this again. It has already been proven at the highest levels of the military, the focus was not the crimes, but keeping congress from finding out. Does congress believe they will change? Of course not. But they have to act like they care. They are not fooling me.

And if recruitment failures are an indicator, nobody else is fooled either. Think I'm wrong? Think they will change? You tell me:

Bandit
Back to top Go down

US Military
Page 1 of 1