Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Obama Killing Veterans.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

Obama Killing Veterans.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Killing Veterans.    Obama Killing Veterans.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:46 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
OH I am sorry Shinseki I was talking about. I don't care what rank they hire just someone who can run it be a civilian or military. But if I am not mistaken Shinseki is a four star general. If I am wrong I apologize. But the military does have people that run hospitals and multiple clinics. The one that the base where I live is under was Bethesda but it has changed. As far as Shinseki I was just calling him what the media called him. Guess I should have known better.

The VA has always had problems. That is why I turned them down when they asked me. I am not saying it is bloated I am saying it is mismanaged. They need a group like Sentara to come in and manage it. They are experienced in running multiple hospitals.

As I said before, Shinseki retired in 2003. Yes, he was a 4 star, but so what. When he became the Secretary of VA, in 2009, he was a civilian.

VA isn't mismanaged. They're doing the best they can with what Congress gives them, which isn't much. At the Exec level, they're just a bunch of figureheads. They don't actually run/manage squat. All those people actually are professionals, in their given field.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Obama Killing Veterans.    Obama Killing Veterans.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:34 pm

They don't actually run/manage squat. There is still a chain of command. There has to be some input from underlings to their superiors. You don't think CEO's have reports of what is going on? Did GM's CEO get away with what happened with the latest recall? Of course not. Shinseki was in-charge when this came to light, he's responsible. Period.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Obama Killing Veterans.    Obama Killing Veterans.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:56 pm

Anyway, moving along. As I said before, nothing is going to change.

Shinseki was in-charge when this came to light, he's responsible. Period.

And you are so right! Gosh, good thing we have you around to set the record straight!

Move along now America, nothing to see here.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Obama Killing Veterans.    Obama Killing Veterans.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 12:18 pm

On Monday, the Audit of the nations VA Medical Centers was completed and released. I know the media read it, because of an article I read about my center with my morning coffee.

---------------------------------------------------
Patients at ******** VA Medical Center have the longest wait times in the country, according to a nationwide audit released Monday. Patients wait an average of 29 days for a primary care appointment at the medical center on ****** Street, the audit found. New patients wait an average of 83 days.

Despite the findings, the ******* VA Medical Center was not on a list of facilities that need further review, according to the Department of Veterans Affairs. In all, more than 57,000 veterans have been waiting 90 days or more for their first VA appointments, according to the report. Another 64,000 have enrolled in VA health care over the past decade but have not been seen for an appointment.
---------------------------------------------------

Now of course, this is local news, so the nation as a whole will never know. So of the 121,000 veterans that have been waiting for 3 months, or many years, how many are dead now? They died waiting, pleading, begging. Still dead, and VA knows it.

Over 20 veterans a day, kill themselves. It's not enough that these people carried a rifle, jumped out of perfectly good planes, fought against armies and combatants across the globe, buried their brothers/sisters in arms who gave all for this country, suffered through Agent Orange and fought their government over it, lost limbs, were deployed away from their families for long stretches of time, were raped, beaten, and suffered ... no, none of that is enough. We need to suffer more. A lot more.

How many vets killed themselves, since you started this thread? Ask Eber, he knows everything. No, I'm not going to get "excited" over 40 dead vets in Phoenix, because I know what it going on PERSONALLY! 40 that make national headlines, vs 1,020 that never will.

Vet to Vet, let me make it more personal. I mentioned Agent Orange for a reason. Heard of Mesothelioma lately? First cancer to target a branch of the Armed Forces. Guess who?

Again I ask you, would you like to know more?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Obama Killing Veterans.    Obama Killing Veterans.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 6:54 pm

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
OH I am sorry Shinseki I was talking about. I don't care what rank they hire just someone who can run it be a civilian or military. But if I am not mistaken Shinseki is a four star general. If I am wrong I apologize. But the military does have people that run hospitals and multiple clinics. The one that the base where I live is under was Bethesda but it has changed. As far as Shinseki I was just calling him what the media called him. Guess I should have known better.

The VA has always had problems. That is why I turned them down when they asked me. I am not saying it is bloated I am saying it is mismanaged. They need a group like Sentara to come in and manage it. They are experienced in running multiple hospitals.

As I said before, Shinseki retired in 2003. Yes, he was a 4 star, but so what. When he became the Secretary of VA, in 2009, he was a civilian.

VA isn't mismanaged. They're doing the best they can with what Congress gives them, which isn't much. At the Exec level, they're just a bunch of figureheads. They don't actually run/manage squat. All those people actually are professionals, in their given field.

My only question is this. Why not hire someone in the medical field that has management experience in the medical field.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Obama Killing Veterans.    Obama Killing Veterans.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

My only question is this. Why not hire someone in the medical field that has management experience in the medical field.

They do where they need them, and if they can get them.

The Medical Center Director

This is the boss. The HMFIC (Head MF In Charge). They are empowered to run their hospital and surrounding clinics however they wish, within government rules and regulations. They may or may not be an actual doctor. They are completely autonomous from the rest of VA's directors. They even have their own Police force. Above them, are the exec's in DC.

Deputy Director

Usually there are 2. One for Administration, the other Operations. The Deputy Director for Operations is almost always a licensed Doctor. All Medical Department "heads" answer to this person. All other department heads answer to the Deputy Director of Administration.

So that Director is all powerful. Their Police force are real cops. But unlike other Police officers, they belong to the Federal Government. Even fighting a parking ticket lands you in Federal Court.

But we can get back to the VA Police Department later, as they also are involved.

Next is pure politics.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Obama Killing Veterans.    Obama Killing Veterans.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:28 pm

http://news.investors.com/052014-701560-va-budget-exploded-amid-chronic-treatment-delays.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama Killing Veterans.    Obama Killing Veterans.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama Killing Veterans.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2