Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- Empty
PostSubject: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 7:38 pm

Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-
At what point is an entity forgiven for past killings? By ‘killings’ I mean MURDERS!
Is a single murderer forgiven if he kills a single person? Two? More than two? How many more? Hundreds? THOUSANDS? Millions? What is the ‘cut off’ point? If that number is under say, twenty. Alright then, those killers won’t ever be forgiven. What if the murderer killed more than twenty? What if he represents a large entity like a company or other organization? Should said entity be disbanded and outlawed, it’s members each jailed as conspirators? What if it was a government? What then?
I am asking about people like Manson and his family! Sure, they are just where they should be. But let’s take it up a notch. Let’s go up to an organization like any of the criminal organizations, the Mafia, the Tryiads, the Yakuza, the Bloods, the Crips, Hell’s Angels? Of course, those should all be disbanded, for they are also heinous! Still following my awkward logic and questioning? Good, let me move on.
What if a group was soo heinous they directly caused the deaths of MILLIONS by their own policies? Yes, I am talking about what the Nazis did and are still doing! Shouldn’t every member be tried for all the crimes THAT group did? It isn’t like they didn’t know THAT past, right? Alright, let us jump to the BILLIONS killed by Communism in Russia and China and South America! So every single communist should be charged for those killings as well, right? At least those high enough in the ladder to truly BE responsible!!!
But, lest we leave the Catholics out, let us bring in the leaders of THAT church for what they did to South America! Speaking of Native Americans, the US Government needs to be held accountable for what was done to THIS countries natives!
Speaking of natives, let’s talk about the party that kept Slavery going, no, EXPANDED slavery once it was abolished before Lincoln put a ‘final’ stop to that. I was ready to give the Democrats a pass until they created a group to STOP people from voting Republican then changed to just killing and going after the BLACKS in this country! Maybe the members of the KKK should automatically get prison time, a LOT of prison time! Still, the Democrats would have been forgiven in my eyes until they did NOT support the Civil Rights act of 1964. Now that is the final straw in MY eyes! Even bringing in Obama did nothing to gain forgiveness in my eyes. Sorry, I’m Black, but don’t blindly follow the herd!!!
So, my question is, as if it were not already obvious, how many have to die before forgiveness (or forgetfulness) happens?

FYI & BTW, I am not a Republican just an Independent Voter and a follower of Jesus Christ, who is MY Lord and SAVIOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:35 am

Walterth3rd wrote:
FYI & BTW, I am not a Republican just an Independent Voter and a follower of Jesus Christ, who is MY Lord and SAVIOR!!!
To the first parts, heavy questions, and I have no immediate answers. For me, that will require much thinking. It's 9:30AM here and my brain doesn't wake up for another hour or so.

To the part I quoted - AMEN brother! We are one in Christ and both Independent voters.
:cheers:
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Well the crux of the responses were angled more at the INDIVIDUAL murderers and when I tried to introduce the big parties into it, suddenly I started seeing the 'That happened long ago' and 'nobody alive today lived through that stuff'! Even when I pointed out that, in fact, MANY of us WERE still alive and are still having to 'deal' with those times! To that, I was told to 'let that anger go' and move on' like everything in the past was NOT relevant to ANYTHING happening in THIS time period!!! Like the Klan is no more, like the destruction to our citizens is over!

LOL, I suppose I should let it all go, that was history and history DOESN'T matter, right?
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:24 am

If you are going to start rounding up groups that have murdered millions of people I'd start with christanity. BTW according to your totally immoral book god will forgive anything you do.. EXCEPT not believing in him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/EducatedAmerica
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:16 pm

By Christianity, are you speaking of the Crusades? Because those were Catholic Wars, even the one started from England was at the behest of the POPE. Or was it the millions killed by others BECAUSE they were Christian? Give me a Christian group that falls under this umbrella and I will round them up as well.
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:24 pm

What domination are you considering to be the "true" christian one?
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:01 am

YawnGG wrote:
If you are going to start rounding up groups that have murdered millions of people I'd start with christanity. BTW according to your totally immoral book god will forgive anything you do.. EXCEPT not believing in him.
Actually, atheists have killed far more people than Christians through the evils of communism, especially Russia and China. Are you at all open to reading a book by Vox Day called "The Irrational Atheist"?
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:30 pm

YawnGG wrote:
What domination are you considering to be the "true" christian one?

Any denomination that puts CHRIST first in the teachings. That means FOLLOWS what Christ taught FIRST, second and LAST!

Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:09 pm

IMO Russia and China put the worship on the state and treated them as a almost as a god... atheist is a really flawed term and there really isnt a better word in the english to convey what i want. So catholics dont put Jebus first?:P
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 1:11 am

YawnGG wrote:
IMO Russia and China put the worship on the state and treated them as a almost as a god... atheist is a really flawed term and there really isnt a better word in the english to convey what i want.
That's a confusing post. Are you saying that Russia and China aren't atheist nations?
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:31 am

YawnGG wrote:
So catholics dont put Jebus first?:P

Since Catholics teach you can get into Heaven by doing good works alone, by asking Mary to interceed with Jesus to get you in, to pray to lot's of others for your problems even though Jesus says constantly He is all one needs for support, ALL support.

So no, I do not count Catholics as putting Jesus first. Not by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:15 am

Walterth3rd wrote:
YawnGG wrote:
So catholics dont put Jebus first?:P

Since Catholics teach you can get into Heaven by doing good works alone, by asking Mary to interceed with Jesus to get you in, to pray to lot's of others for your problems even though Jesus says constantly He is all one needs for support, ALL support.

You know I've been staying out of this discussion so far, but everything you just said here is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 1:33 pm

eber, sorry but the Bible is the word of Jesus and Jesus is the Word. The Bible also tells us that the priest must confess his sins to God because the priest is also a sinner! In the book of Timothy 2:5 for there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. So, you see here that the pope uses the word of God but mixes God’s truth with his own catholic traditions. This is only one of many ways we are deceived by catholic teachings. The Bible also tells us; because they HOLD to their TRADITIONS, they make the word of God VOID. We can now see the void of false but maybe sincere catholic traditions have done to all of the catholic controlled Nations, such as the Philippines and all of the South American Countries. How can we think that we are God’s Children yet be # 1 in poverty and every criminal activity. Corruption is worst in the catholic countries than in most of the communist countries. My favorite verse in The Bible is John 14:6 Jesus said unto him,I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes onto The Father but by Me. Notice, that it doesn’t say except for the Catholics that hold to THEIR OWN TRADITIONS!
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Jesus loves me yes i know.. cuz the bible tells me so!

Sky: No what i meant was they replaced religion with state worship. They brainwashed people just as the christians have.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:26 pm

YawnGG wrote:
Sky: No what i meant was they replaced religion with state worship. They brainwashed people just as the christians have.
Communism doesn't require worship of any kind, it merely requires obedience. It's a political form of atheism. And my point was that atheists have killed far, far more innocent people than Christianity ever did. Here's an interesting list:

Event...............................Responsible............# people murdered
Great Leap Forward..........atheists...........................43,000,000
Holodomor........................atheists...........................3, 500,000
Holocaust.........................pagan theists...................6,000,000
Spanish Red Terror.............atheists...........................72,344
Spanish Inquisition.............Christians........................3,230
Medieval Inquisitions..........Christians........................2,000
Portuguese Inquisition........Christians........................1,175

Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:06 pm

Walterth3rd, you have very little understanding of Catholicism. Just enough to misunderstand it.
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:36 pm

Sky: to me there is no difference between brainwashing people and saying beware of the magic man on the cloud or Hitler is no different.. and btw catholics were involved in the holocaust:) Il take the time to refute the claims further once I get home... I been helping my widowed grandmother get her house in shape and nearly finished! Atheist doing good stuff:D Meanwhile all the christian family members are no where to be seen hehe.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:59 pm

YawnGG wrote:
Sky: to me there is no difference between brainwashing people and saying beware of the magic man on the cloud or Hitler is no different.. and btw catholics were involved in the holocaust:)
Yawn, you started this discussion by writing: "If you are going to start rounding up groups that have murdered millions of people I'd start with christanity." So we're not discussing brainwashing here, we're discussing groups who have murdered people. I gave that list simply to show how very wrong you were. As groups go, Christians are mild and loving compared to the bloodthirsty atheist nations which have slaughtered millions upon millions of their own people. As numbers go, there's simply no comparison. Would you rather live in an atheist nation such as Russia, China, or Cuba, or in America, a nation founded by Christians? Take your pick.
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:25 am

Just because one on of your own goes ape poo and you disown him doesn't mean he wasn't one of your own.

http://www.evilbible.com/hitler_was_christian.htm
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:34 am

Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- Hitler10

Hitler celebrating Christmas with his troops!
Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- NaziChristmastree2

"At a time when the heads of the major nations in the world faced the new Germany with cool reserve and considerable suspicion, the Catholic Church, the greatest moral power on earth, through the Concordat expressed its confidence in the new German government.”

http://www.concordatwatch.eu/showkb.php?org_id=858&kb_header_id=752&order=kb_rank%20ASC&kb_id=1211

Hitler's Oath:
I swear by God,
this holy oath,
to the Führer of the German Reich and people.
Adolf Hitler...

Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:35 am

This poo goes on forever..
http://nobeliefs.com/nazis.htm
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:43 am

Your own book has a poo ton of mass murders in it too!
http://www.holysmoke.org/hs00/killer2.htm

I never heard of anyone more blood thirsty then the "god" you worship:)

PS: Im sure history would be filled with far more atrocitys commited by your kind if you hadn't taken over the world, remember THE DARK AGES?? When you guys burned all the books you didnt like and set humanity back so far? We can pretty much include that as the biggest mass genocide ever when u think about all the sick people who have died from that set back on top of all the people they slaughtered to make it possible.
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Woaaaaaahhh! I almost missed it! Sky you think this nation was formed by christers? lol. Im im way out the door but if you believe that I can give u a history lesson:)
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Yawn, even if you were right about Hitler, which you aren't, look at the chart again:

Event...............................Responsible............# people murdered
Great Leap Forward..........atheists...........................43,000,000
Holodomor........................atheists...........................3, 500,000
Holocaust.........................pagan theists...................6,000,000
Spanish Red Terror.............atheists...........................72,344
Spanish Inquisition.............Christians........................3,230
Medieval Inquisitions..........Christians........................2,000
Portuguese Inquisition........Christians........................1,175

That still gives atheists over 40 million more murders than Christians. Still no comparison. Since you went to one of Satan's websites, evilbible.com, I expect you to find lies. I guess you don't understand that Hitler did try to maintain appearances and didn't want to upset the German Christians, so if he allowed people to wear crosses or pretended to celebrate Christmas, no big surprise there. Proves nothing, and if you'd bother to go to reputable websites or actually look into the matter more deeply, you'd easily find the truth here. But you don't, you just post whatever crap you can find on the internet which agrees with your position. That's not really honest, and I wish you'd stop it. But now in order to counteract the deceptive info. in your post, I"ll have to do some research. Didn't need that right now, but whatever.

Anyway, you still didn't answer the question about which nation you'd rather live in. Which is it?
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 2:02 pm

1: Your question was a trick question. USA was not founded by christians.
2: Evilbible isn't a satanist website.
3: Atheist aren't really a group, we are a lack of a group. We only have one thing in common. We have maybe a handful of meetups across the entire nation...
4: Hitler was a christian, by all standards. He was given the thumbs up by the pope... are you saying you can identity a christian better then the pope?
5: Where did you get your little chart from? It appears to me you had to get it from a zealot site because its false and slanted that way. Now your claiming ONE Of the sites I linked to prove Hitler was a satanist site there for fake.. even though it wasn't.. you ignored the other one as well with pictures of Hitler performing christian ceremonys and leaving churches..etc. While ignoring the fact that your site belonged to the zealots... amazing how your double standards are working here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder-   Alright, a totally philosophical question, not judging or anything, just a question to ponder- Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next