Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Posts about the old Syfy Forums.

Go down 
+10
Skycastle
nerdatnight
Tuck
Scraper101
madskillz
frickaline
AzaliaRazor
Annoyed
ford plasko
TRUE LIBERTY
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:55 pm

I mean this place GW
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Ok, but why do you feel sorry for them? Isn't an influx of new members good for them? ..... Or were you just making a funny that went right over my head?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 5:25 am

Most of the members of GW came from Syfy. But its a themed board. No classic Stargate, not much to talk about. The fact the upcoming Stargate trilogy is being reimagined, leaves the entire site useless. So what are they going to discuss?
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:38 am

Well, I've barely looked at it. Just the page your link takes me to, but it looks like they have a section for non Stargate shows. But as I said I've only perused that one page and I've no idea how many new members they got from Styfy either... so who knows. I'd think that if a lot of people did migrate over, then that general scifi section could become the main attraction of the site.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 10:49 pm

Candy let me know it went offline today. Dunno if deleted or not, but really doesn't matter, as it can no longer be accessed.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 11:23 pm

Yep, it's gone...

Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 Test_zps958e1a52

Kind of sad.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 5:36 pm

I was just going to post today. I should rework this board into a scifi board. Wonder if we could get some of the people back. But your right they did drive a lot of people away including me. To bad to because I used to love posting there. Really I blame one person. MBG. Sorry but she drove a lot of people away and should have never been a mod.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Well looks like MBG finally did it.    Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Looks like MBG Finally drove everyone away. What a shame I used to love going to those forums. Not sure if this one will work but hopefully if we all work together it will.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:32 am

While MBG certainly hurt them, I don't think she killed them. I think that honor goes to the trend to cater to the youngsters, who prefer to communicate via social networks lie facebook and twitter.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 5:10 pm

Annoyed wrote:
While MBG certainly hurt them, I don't think she killed them. I think that honor goes to the trend to cater to the youngsters, who prefer to communicate via social networks lie facebook and twitter.
I agree I was thinking about that today. Everyone wants Facebook, instagram and twitter. I find them very annoying. You can never keep up.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 9:08 pm

The thing I most enjoyed about twitter is reading all the comments in real time during Obama's SOTU. I didn't have to watch to know what he was talking lying about.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Looks like MBG Finally drove everyone away. What a shame I used to love going to those forums. Not sure if this one will work but hopefully if we all work together it will.

She had nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 5:42 pm

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

She had nothing to do with it.
She had a part in driving people away by being jerk. Closing it down not so much. However the site had major problems like trying to retrieve your password.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 7:37 pm

I'd say she had something to do with it. I think the site shut down due to low number of people using it and she directly contributed to that. She drove dozens of people from the site. Mostly through her sheer harassment and bullying of people. I've never seen any other mod anyplace that caused more problems then they fixed.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 11:13 pm

I was rather surprised that they didn't yank her mod papers at one point. It was painfully clear that she used her authority in a very biased manner based on her own views, as well as whenever someone embarrassed her in a discussion/argument, which was fairly often. She was easy pickins.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Annoyed wrote:
I was rather surprised that they didn't yank her mod papers at one point. It was painfully clear that she used her authority in a very biased manner based on her own views, as well as whenever someone embarrassed her in a discussion/argument, which was fairly often. She was easy pickins.
The thing was even in the sci fi threads of the shows she was a pain in the rear. Really until she showed up on the scene SyFy forums was strong.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 3:25 pm

eber322 wrote:
I'd say she had something to do with it. I think the site shut down due to low number of people using it and she directly contributed to that. She drove dozens of people from the site. Mostly through her sheer harassment and bullying of people. I've never seen any other mod anyplace that caused more problems then they fixed.
I remember that time she called herself a the B word. Head B word in charge or something like that. Well a conversation came up and so basically I repeated it. She sent me a PM which I wished I would have put on notepad basically saying she would ban me. Well I explained it so Sqaul and sent him a copy of what she said before and what I said. He PMd back and said she could not ban me and just do not talk to her and avoid her at all costs.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: I know this will never happen but should it?   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 7:55 pm

Should they bring back the SyFy forums? Reboot it as they say and have those who want to sign up resign?
I think they should know it wont happen but they should with all new mods. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 1:26 pm

Nope. Running a successful board just privately, takes a huge amount of work and time. Running a commercial board for a network, is simply beyond the resources they have. That was why they got rid of it in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 4:10 pm

Bandit wrote:
Nope. Running a successful board just privately, takes a huge amount of work and time. Running a commercial board for a network, is simply beyond the resources they have. That was why they got rid of it in the first place.
I guess easier to do Facebook.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 4:21 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Exactly, even though Facebook sucks azz just about everybody is using it instead of running their own forums anymore. It's easier and cheaper to let Facebook, twitter, etc handle all of that for you and have a crappy public interface rather than put a little time and money into running something decent.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 1:55 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

No. It requires no resources.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

No. It requires no resources.
Well which makes it easier.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: SyFy Forums Back up under new name?   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 1:24 pm

SyFy Forums Back up under new name?

Was checking out SyFy website and they have a new thing called Viewers choice where you can talk about your favorite shows on SyFy USA and other NBC cable networks. Have not signed up yet but getting ready to.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 8:01 pm

Is it a real forum or just a facebook page or something?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Posts about the old Syfy Forums.
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next