Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Posts about the old Syfy Forums.

Go down 
+10
Skycastle
nerdatnight
Tuck
Scraper101
madskillz
frickaline
AzaliaRazor
Annoyed
ford plasko
TRUE LIBERTY
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Skycastle

Skycastle

Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:50 am

Annoyed wrote:
I am sick to death of the gay & lesbian agenda being promoted everywhere you look. I don't care if it's two men or two women.
The technique of incrementalism has been used by many different groups advancing many different causes over the years, and this is just one more example of how well it works.
I wonder if the irony of the situation escapes them. They are insisting that society accept their views & behavior as normal, but they themselves insist that no view besides their own be accepted. What a bunch of hypocrites.
How true - the hypocrisy is obvious and the agenda is obvious. They want their form of perversion accepted, and they will keep throwing it in our faces until we capitulate. SyFy is - disgustingly - giving itself over to their cause.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:08 am

madskillz wrote:
Hey, listen. I understand. If you [eber322] lived in the year 1900 you would be demanding that Irish people not be allowed to work with you. That Catholics couldn't be loyal Americans since their allegiance was to the Pope.
Wow, madskillz - that's some real undeserved crap you're throwing at eber322. He opposes the perversion which is being thrown in his face on TV by the queer community, and you call him a racist. That's just plain dishonest. :suspect:
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:14 am

Scraper101 wrote:
Really then name one state that had voted in in. Every time it has come up for a vote by the people of a state, it has been defeated. The only states that have it legal have been instated by Judges not the voters.
Yeaah. Screw judicial activism!
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 7:07 am

I'm sure that if the show was continuing, Eureka would be getting the "advance the gay agenda" treatment as well. It might still do so, but its final episodes are already at least in advance pre-production, if not in the can already, so it might be too late for them to denigrate that show.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 7:51 am

Skycastle wrote:
Yeah, my Don-Quixote-like personality does keep me swinging my little sword in some hopeless battles. I try to right almost every wrong I encounter, and it usually doesn't work. I guess there just aren't enough people doing these things to make a difference.
I think people just are tired of getting bashed by MBG and warned by Admin 1. I think it is time to occupy Syfy forums. Who is with me.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I think it is time to occupy Syfy forums. Who is with me.
How is this possible when the enemy controls the gates?
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Annoyed, I hope you're right.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:52 pm

Skycastle wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
You flood the gates. Put pressures on them and sooner or later they will break.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:33 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Skycastle wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Well, I've already been banned, so unfortunately I can't help. :(
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 6:03 pm

Skycastle wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Skycastle wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Well, I've already been banned, so unfortunately I can't help. :(
Yes you can. Go to your internet provider have them change your ISP address then make a new name.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 6:21 pm

Or just use a proxy. It's easy to do if you use firefox.

Myself though, I think a better idea is to boycott the site... like everybody already seems to be doing. lol

EDIT: you know, thinking about it, I doubt they banned your IP address anyway, probably just your user name. You could probably sign right back up with a new name and a different email address.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 7:30 pm

eber322 wrote:
Or just use a proxy. It's easy to do if you use firefox.
Proxy? I have Firefox, but I don't know how to use a proxy.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Ok first you have to get a proxy to use. You can search for "free proxy" and you'll find sites. This is one I use... http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy-list/ Assuming you're in the US, it's usually better to use a US proxy as others will slow your internet. I look for one that is new on the list and has green speed and connection bars.

Click "tools" on Firefox. Then "options". Then select the "Network" tab. Next hit the "settings" button. Finally you change the setting from "no proxy" to "manual proxy" then input the IP address and port you got from the proxy site and click ok to exit that screen. Simply change it back to "no proxy" to go back to your normal IP.

Now, if the proxy is good you'll be surfing on the proxy IP. However, you should know not all proxies will work, so you might have to try several before you get one that works. Bad ones will just load forever, or come up with error when you try to load a page. Also even good ones will slow you down a little simply because you're relaying everything through a second server. Foreign proxies can come in handy if you want to watch a video on a site that says your outside the region... like some Canadian and British tv channel websites that only let people from those countries watch online. Then you just use a proxy from the country they allow.

But like I said, if you just want back on Styfy, I doubt they blocked your IP anyway.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:33 pm

First off, you're not going to be able to call your ISP and request a change in your I.P. address. Most home Internet connections use a protocol called DHCP to assign I.P. addresses. This address can change at any time, or you might have the same one for months. They aren't going to interfere in this process for the average customer.

You might be able to spoof your MAC address to obtain a different IP address, as the DHCP servers associate your MAC with the address that it has leased out to you, but be careful with this; most ISP's also have a limit on how many IP's can be handed to a single account. Try to exceed that limit, and you won't get one at all, and therefore you don't get a connection. To prevent misuse, they don't publicize the limit; usually the tech support staff aren't even told what it is.

One last note regarding this method. If I'm a site operator, and I see a new account coming from the same IP address block that I just toasted, I'll ban the whole IP address block; this might result in everyone using your ISP getting banned. Not something you want your ISP's abuse department looking into.

Regarding proxy servers, yes, you can appear to be coming from another I.P. address using them.

But, be aware, since you're passing every bit & byte of data through their servers, this puts them in the perfect place to conduct a man-in-the-middle attack; they can view, record, modify or outright replace any traffic going through their server. Yes, some few web sites encrypt some of the traffic, but not many.

Do you really trust the proxy service operator? He's making money somehow.

Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:01 pm

Annoyed wrote:

But, be aware, since you're passing every bit & byte of data through their servers, this puts them in the perfect place to conduct a man-in-the-middle attack; they can view, record, modify or outright replace any traffic going through their server. Yes, some few web sites encrypt some of the traffic, but not many.

Do you really trust the proxy service operator? He's making money somehow.

Good point, I should have pointed that out. I only use proxies when I don't want a site knowing I came there or to get access to an on out of region site. Never give out an personal info, especially financial, while using a proxy.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:56 pm

eber322 wrote:
But like I said, if you just want back on Styfy, I doubt they blocked your IP anyway.
You were right, they didn't block my IP.

On SyFy I'm now: AlphaOrionis
betelgeuse7@yahoo.com

So, POV, when do we invade?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Skycastle wrote:
eber322 wrote:
You were right, they didn't block my IP.

betelgeuse7@yahoo.com

LMAO you going to get banned again?
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Skycastle wrote:

betelgeuse7@yahoo.com

Sure. For a good cause I'll get banned again. :-)
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Skycastle wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Skycastle wrote:

betelgeuse7@yahoo.com

Sure. For a good cause I'll get banned again. :-)

But for a hopeless one?
I've already made the point that that board is their ball, bat & backyard. They make the rules. You play by them or don't post.

Myself, I think I lose more if I get banned, even if I can't always speak out in the open.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 11:36 pm

eber322 wrote:

Myself though, I think a better idea is to boycott the site... like everybody already seems to be doing. lol
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Eber am going to make a comment on Terra Nova thread.    Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:32 pm

I am going to make a left wing comment on Terra Nova thread. Just to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:15 pm

I advocated sterilizing the parents. :P
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Sorry Annoyed   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:27 pm

Sorry Annoyed

My response to your Styfy thread made MBG lock it. Apparently comparing one lifestyle choice many find offensive, being gay, to other lifestyle choices that offend others like Muslim extremists, prostitutes,or Sex Doll lovers is a bad thing. I do get a kick out of her saying that comparing gays to sexual deviants isn't allowed. "How dare you call my apple an apple!!!!"

Last edited by eber322 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:11 am

I didn't expect the thread to live long anyway. Aside from living in an echo chamber, you can't have a discussion without differing points of view, and that's one of the many subjects about which they're totally intolerant of other opinions.

What is it the left is always preaching again? Oh yeah, that's right. Tolerance.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 5:32 pm

I figured it wouldn't last long also. It is sad you can promote one idea yet not promote another. Case in point when I started to promote multiple marriages. It how long for that one particular thread to close? A long time and only when someone pointed out the opposite of what I was saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Posts about the old Syfy Forums.
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next