Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Posts about the old Syfy Forums.

Go down 
+10
Skycastle
nerdatnight
Tuck
Scraper101
madskillz
frickaline
AzaliaRazor
Annoyed
ford plasko
TRUE LIBERTY
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:34 pm

When I was muted that a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Easy Gordon This past Monday CBS ran repeats of two Big Bang Theory episodes, and I'll bet you anything they got much higher ratings than the new episode of Defiance.

----

MockingbirdgirlYou think the 3rd most popular show on broadcast television -- and no. 1 in the 18-49 demo -- might have gotten higher ratings than a genre show on a niche cable network? Wow, that's quite a prediction, Kreskin.

Why do they keep her around?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:45 am

I got a disturbing message from a bud of mine there. Here's what happened:

naiad on Syfy

I was blown away when I saw that. Scifiadmin1 was indeed in her profile, as was this Hyperfrak person.

Naiad and I go way back to 2000 when skiffy was still the Dominion. At almost 80 years old, she isn't the type to cause trouble or be in same. So why in the world was she told to leave the thread? Because she wanted some sort of explanation from Hyperfrack about his "theories"? Is Hyperfrack MBG's hubby, kid, or some likewise failed genetic project?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 1:20 pm

Bandit wrote:
I got a disturbing message from a bud of mine there. Here's what happened:

naiad on Syfy

I was blown away when I saw that. Scifiadmin1 was indeed in her profile, as was this Hyperfrak person.

Naiad and I go way back to 2000 when skiffy was still the Dominion. At almost 80 years old, she isn't the type to cause trouble or be in same. So why in the world was she told to leave the thread? Because she wanted some sort of explanation from Hyperfrack about his "theories"? Is Hyperfrack MBG's hubby, kid, or some likewise failed genetic project?
Man that person is a spoiled brat.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Did they shut down syfy forums for good?   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:08 am

Did they shut down syfy forums for good?

I was on the skiffy site looking for the forums but I cannot find a link. I am still looking but I think they might have shut it down.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:11 am

Nope I found it. Must be something on my end.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 11:32 am

Can you get on the forums now? It comes up for me at 11:30AM Saturday the 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:52 pm

eber322 wrote:
Something happened to my bookmark. I was getting a 401 error. But when I google it I log right in. so I book marked that page.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:04 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
eber322 wrote:
Something happened to my bookmark. I was getting a 401 error. But when I google it I log right in. so I book marked that page.

Huh, that's weird. Somehow your bookmark became corrupted, could be a virus trying to rewrite your bookmarks to some spam site.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 4:09 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
eber322 wrote:

Huh, that's weird. Somehow your bookmark became corrupted, could be a virus trying to rewrite your bookmarks to some spam site.
I have run every virus program known to mankind. Nothing.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Trying SyFy one more time.    Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Going to see if MBG is still a mod or not. But I have no hopes on her being removed. It is the single reason I have not ventured there in a long time. Yes it was on the decline however she hammered the door shut.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 7:08 pm

Well I forgot my password and when trying to get a new one it says email is not registered. However when I go to make a new account it says email already in use. That sucks.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 9:50 am

I stopped by a couple of days ago and there were like 5 new posts and all by pscard. Everyone is on Facebook and Twitter these days,and MBG can't moderate that.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 8:24 pm

ford plasko wrote:
I stopped by a couple of days ago and there were like 5 new posts and all by pscard. Everyone is on Facebook and Twitter these days,and MBG can't moderate that.
Maybe I should do that. Is that the scifi facebook page?
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 5:24 pm

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showannouncement=28&f=69

Posted by scifiadmin1

Quote :
As part of the ongoing evolution of Syfy Digital, we will be closing the virtual doors on the forums starting January 1. The discussions here have been passionate, intelligent, honest and awesome. And we want the conversations to continue – we WANT to hear your thoughts about our shows (the good and the bad). We’ve got an active Facebook page and Twitter presence that we’d like for you to check out and use. It’s a great way to continue to hear from us, and for us to hear from you.

For all the years of your loyal use of these forums, we thank you.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Pfft. They drove everybody off of the forum and now they want us to use Facebook and Twitter? Sorry I don't use those "social media" sites. I refuse too.
Back to top Go down
TwiceWise

TwiceWise

PostSubject: SyFy board replacement   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 11:51 pm

Vulcan,

If you posted an announcement on a few of the forum sections at Syfy you might be able to get some of the posters from there to come over here.

If you made a general Scifi section and then made some sticky's inside that section for some of the various sub-forums on Syfy - the people from there might come here and they might stay. Since the forum there is closing down, I think some of the people there are looking for a new discussion forum.

Just a thought.

There are only about 50 of us that post there. I remember a few years ago when there were 16,000 people on the SciFi board at one time. My how things change.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 8:46 pm

That is a very good idea. You should probably get right on that POV before Styfy shuts down. I'll help make posts over there to drive people this way if you want, but I won't until you ok it.

I'd also suggest maybe moving the "Your favorite shows discussion" section to the top of the list above even the politics heading. That might help not scare off the people who talk about shows, but that avoid political discussion.

I wonder how many of the 16,000 Mockingbirdgirl drove off all by herself?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 2:01 am

You guys are cracking me up! Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 24

Last edited by Bandit on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 2:04 am

Its been 18 years. A lot of memories.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:22 pm

eber322 wrote:

I wonder how many of the 16,000 Mockingbirdgirl drove off all by herself?
I would love to see her in an environment where she can't simply moderate opinions that she doesn't agree with, or starts to lose an argument.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 3:43 pm

3 days left. Interesting discussions about migrating to other boards.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 11:19 pm

Well, I guess it's pretty much dead now. Earlier today you could still make posts, but I see now the whole thing is read only. All of the options to start a thread or reply to one are locked. Wonder how long it will be before they pull it down now?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 7:57 am

Candy was told about 2 weeks. It'll take about that long to separate the boards code from the domain. Jeff shut the board off just after I made the last post.

I feel kind of sorry for GW though.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 12:01 pm

GW? Do you mean the Gate world site people were purposing as a replacement?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posts about the old Syfy Forums.   Posts about the old Syfy Forums. - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Posts about the old Syfy Forums.
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next