Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

In The News

Go down 
+6
ilaugh
justmemyselfandi
Skycastle
TRUE LIBERTY
madskillz
Pissedoffvulcan
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
justmemyselfandi

justmemyselfandi

In The News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Infant found in morgue.   In The News - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Infant found in morgue.

I can't believe this. the baby's parents were told that their baby died and when they went to the morgue they found it, in a casket alive.

infant
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Wow that is a miracle.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:08 pm

That really is shocking! We live in one hell of a world.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: They are digging for him again.    In The News - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:29 pm

The FBI, working on information from an aging alleged mobster, began digging in a Detroit-area field in hopes of uncovering the remains of former Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa, a law enforcement source said.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/17/us/michigan-hoffa-search/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 5:04 pm

I thought I would get some comments on this one.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Exodus International to shut it's doors.   In The News - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:04 pm

Exodus International to shut it's doors.

Alan Chambers apologizes to the gay community.

Quote :
The president of Exodus International, Alan Chambers, issued a series of apologies and explanations this week about plans to shut down the organization, which for 37 years has worked with Christians dealing with same-sex attraction.

Chambers has been under fire from both Christians who say he has not been vocal enough about their belief that homosexual behavior is unacceptable sin, as well as from gay rights activists who point to stories of deep harm done by so-called Exodus’ ‘reparative therapies’ said to turn gay people straight. He says the mission of the organization no longer fits what he says he now knows about God, and the demands of a “messy,” changing culture.

In an apology to the gay community, Chambers noted that he “cannot apologize for my deeply held biblical beliefs about the boundaries I see in scripture surrounding sex” and marriage but added that he will no longer “fight you on your beliefs or the rights that you seek.”

Chambers, who says he and his wife Leslie “are more in love than we’ve ever have been” but admits to still being attracted to men, said in a nearly hour-long talk Wednesday at the organization’s 38th annual conference that he and Exodus leaders came to the conclusion that God was calling them to shut down the ministry.

more.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/on-faith/wp/2013/06/20/exodus-international-criticized-for-reparative-therapies-for-gay-christians-to-shut-down/

http://alanchambers.org/exodus-intl-president-to-the-gay-community-were-sorry/#more-551

About f'n time.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:57 am

I presume the reason it took so long, is they needed time to verify it was actually God calling, and not some prank caller. Oral Roberts never had that problem, and God talked to him all the time.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: The Gross Factor.    In The News - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 2:39 pm

California authorities made a sad and ghastly discovery this week during a routine check on a San Bernadino man:  His wife had buried him in their backyard because she couldn’t afford a funeral.  According to NBC4, Yvonne Winn, 59, told police that her husband, Thom Winn, 63, died last month of natural causes, and she then buried him in a makeshift grave, a hole about 5-feet deep she dug behind their Apple Valley home.  Thomas Winn’s body was discovered stuffed into two garbage bags, according to NBC4 in Southern California.  “When they pulled the body out, the smell was rancid,” a neighbor told NBC4.  Neighbors are now raising money to give Thomas Winn a proper funeral service, and one local woman has reportedly even donated a tuxedo in which he will be properly buried. wrote:

Nothing like the smell of a dead rotting corps.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Atheists are out of the closet   In The News - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Read this article:

Humanist Community

This caught my eye:

Quote :
"If you are a religionist and you come and sit in our pew, the only way you can leave offended is because of what you don’t hear and what you don’t see. We won’t be there to make a stance against religion or against God."

And with that, what are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 4:29 pm

My thoughts are this. Respect each others views on this. I have come to one conclusion on this subject. If you are an atheist religious people are trying to shove it down your throat. If you are a religious person atheist are trying to shut down religion. Seems to me that there is some kind of way to work this out between atheist and religion. That is my thought and I am sticking to it.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 6:41 pm

She probably killed him and cost was her excuse.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
If you are an atheist religious people are trying to shove it down your throat. If you are a religious person atheist are trying to shut down religion.

I've never seen Religious people trying to shove religion down atheists throats... at least no more than they do to other groups. There are simply some groups, like Jehovah's Witnesses that insist on being pushy and going door to door. They go around bothering Christians all the time. I've not seen any of them however that don't stop if you tell them, "Not interested, don't come back." Most of the people I've seen who feel harassed by them simply lack the courage to tell them to take a hike and so keep getting return visits. 

As far as the article goes... if atheists want to play at church without God, fine. Maybe they'll stop being so hateful to others and stop trying to destroy religion if they feel they have the equivalent.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 7:12 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
If you are an atheist religious people are trying to shove it down your throat. If you are a religious person atheist are trying to shut down religion.

I've never seen Religious people trying to shove religion down atheists throats... at least no more than they do to other groups. There are simply some groups, like Jehovah's Witnesses that insist on being pushy and going door to door. They go around bothering Christians all the time. I've not seen any of them however that don't stop if you tell them, "Not interested, don't come back." Most of the people I've seen who feel harassed by them simply lack the courage to tell them to take a hike and so keep getting return visits. 

As far as the article goes... if atheists want to play at church without God, fine. Maybe they'll stop being so hateful to others and stop trying to destroy religion if they feel they have the equivalent.
Eber you have to think of what I am saying. Perception. What the perception is by both sides.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 1:07 pm

In instances such as this, Atheists absolutely are mocking Christians. So it isn't a matter of Christians giving them a bad reputation, they're doing it to themselves.

I couldn't help but notice one thing missing. Mass. I can't help but wonder why they didn't make a mockery of that as well.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 2:18 pm

Bandit wrote:
In instances such as this, Atheists absolutely are mocking Christians. So it isn't a matter of Christians giving them a bad reputation, they're doing it to themselves.
I don't see how. Is any group of people gathering together to support one another in the name of some philosophy or non-Christ based religion "mocking Christians"? Are Hindus mocking Christians? How about Jainists, or even Scientologists? Just because atheists don't believe in a god doesn't mean they don't follow some sort of philosophy, and enjoy gathering with other like-minded people for support, and to discuss ideas. So I don't see how they're giving themselves a bad reputation by doing this, unless you're starting with a negative opinion to begin with. Besides Christians don't need atheists to make a mockery of religion as long as they have people Peter Popoff to do it for them.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 4:08 pm

ilaugh wrote:
I don't see how. Is any group of people gathering together to support one another in the name of some philosophy or non-Christ based religion "mocking Christians"? Are Hindus mocking Christians? How about Jainists, or even Scientologists? Just because atheists don't believe in a god doesn't mean they don't follow some sort of philosophy, and enjoy gathering with other like-minded people for support, and to discuss ideas. So I don't see how they're giving themselves a bad reputation by doing this, unless you're starting with a negative opinion to begin with. Besides Christians don't need atheists to make a mockery of religion as long as they have people Peter Popoff to do it for them.

Perhaps you missed this:

Quote :

Epstein and his group of atheists have begun to build their Cambridge community and solemnize its Sunday meetings to resemble a traditional religious service.

Atheists groups meet all the time here. None of them do this. And they've been here as long as I have and longer (over 20 years).

It's a matter of perception.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:38 pm

I didn't miss it. I just don't see how that's making a mockery of Christianity. Is any non-Christian Sunday service making a mockery of Christians? Do Christians hold copyright over Sunday meetings? Do local Christians feel it's an affront to their Sunday customs? Are the atheists  making a big-to-do about it, pointing to themselves saying "look how silly we're being," or something in that manner?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:10 pm

ilaugh wrote:
I didn't miss it. I just don't see how that's making a mockery of Christianity. Is any non-Christian Sunday service making a mockery of Christians? Do Christians hold copyright over Sunday meetings? Do local Christians feel it's an affront to their Sunday customs? Are the atheists  making a big-to-do about it, pointing to themselves saying "look how silly we're being," or something in that manner?

Tell me what non-Christian religion has a religious service every Sunday. Is it the Hindus, Jainists, or even Scientologists?

This group is in the news for a reason. Again, it's all about perception.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:50 pm

So, Christians do have dibs on Sunday?

After reading the article for a second time I still find nothing mocking here. If any Christians are insulted by this group, that's on them. Perhaps it come from a sense of privilege.

Bandit wrote:
This group is in the news for a reason.
If it's to make this group look blasphemous or just mocking then it failed.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:39 pm

ilaugh wrote:

If it's to make this group look blasphemous or just mocking then it failed.

I Disagree. However, I am not an Atheist nor a Christian. As such, I feel no need to defend either belief system.

Still, it doesn't mean I'm so ignorant, I cannot tell when a group is being mocked.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 1:30 am

To begin with, atheism, at least my atheism isn't a belief system. It just describes a position on the belief in a god.

Christians of thin skin may feel they're being mocked, but all I see is a group of people lead by a Humanist Chaplain  gathering together to discuss ideas, philosophies, or whatever is on their minds. It's not meant to be anti-religious regardless of what day they gather or how they conduct their ceremonies.

I don't believe that my lack of seeing mockery afoot here makes me ignorant. It's a matter of opinion.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 4:11 pm

ilaugh wrote:
To begin with, atheism, at least my atheism isn't a belief system. It just describes a position on the belief in a god.

Christians of thin skin may feel they're being mocked, but all I see is a group of people lead by a Humanist Chaplain  gathering together to discuss ideas, philosophies, or whatever is on their minds. It's not meant to be anti-religious regardless of what day they gather or how they conduct their ceremonies.

I don't believe that my lack of seeing mockery afoot here makes me ignorant. It's a matter of opinion.
I am not thinned skinned. I have been watching this one to see where it was going. I have to agree with Bandit on this one. However I have seen many thinned skinned atheist. Lawsuits against football players having prayer before a game. So what. Or lawsuits against students wearing shirts with Jesus on them. Again get a life. As far as what those people I could really care less.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 4:40 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Lawsuits against football players having prayer before a game.
Well, teacher lead prayer is unconstitutional. As far as being thin skinned, I fully realize that they're people on all fronts that fall into that category.

Still don't see the mockery, if it were ridicule you'd think it would be more evident.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Local guy defends himself and wins.    In The News - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:36 pm

Local guy defends himself and wins.

CLAY, W.Va. – Hiram Lewis, acquitted Wednesday of malicious wounding, told MetroNews that taking the stand during his trial was a chance he was willing to take.

“I had nothing to hide and I wanted to tell my story,” he said.

Facebook
Hiram Lewis during happier times on the Elk River.

Lewis was arrested June 13, 2012, when he shot Stephen Bogart in the knee after Bogart broke into Lewis’ home in Procious. Lewis said it was his God-given right to protect himself in that circumstance.

“I exercised my right, my fundamental right, under the Constitution, to act in self defense,” said Lewis, an attorney who has unsuccessfully run for state and federal office, including West Virginia attorney general and the U.S. Senate.

He felt he was targeted in the investigation and unfairly prosecuted. “I should never have been arrested,” he said. When it came time for a jury to decide his fate, the jurors determined he did not break the law.

“Twelve individuals looked at the facts of this case and realized there was no evidence that I did not act in self defense,” he said.

Even though he’s been acquitted, Lewis said the damage is done.

“Oh, it’s destroyed my reputation!”

What’s next for Lewis? He said he’s relieved he’ll get to keep his law license and plans to celebrate the upcoming holiday with a new outlook.

“This Fourth of July really has a special meaning to me. It truly is Independence Day!”

Lewis credited his faith in helping him make it through the past year.

MetroNews reached out to Clay County prosecutor Jim Samples for a comment on the verdict, but he did not immediately return a call.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Miley Cyrus   In The News - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 4:15 pm

OMG! What has the world come to? Read this article, and watch the video.

Video Music Awards

I'm not a prude, but she's just going way to far. Will Smith took his family and had front row seats. Did you see the look on their faces? That alone tells me, it isn't just me.

None of that nonsense had anything artistic to add to her song. As I viewed it, a young lady doing raunchy things in public.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

In The News
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next