Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

In The News

Go down 
+6
ilaugh
justmemyselfandi
Skycastle
TRUE LIBERTY
madskillz
Pissedoffvulcan
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

In The News - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 9:40 pm

Probably not, but I'm wondering if it's possible that the Star Trek: Renegades fan made show might be what CBS will be putting online? I know they have completed the fist episode and submitted it to CBS as a pilot. I've not yet watched it, but the latest trailer didn't look that good and I've seen bad reviews for it.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 11:26 am

It was in the news today that the star of the show is a female, but NOT a Starfleet Captain. I'm not sure there will even be a starship involved. But they did say there will be a homosexual character.

Need I say more?
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 7:46 pm

I refuse to pay more for a TV show. I'm already paying enough with Dish.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 11:42 am

Yeah, I'll not pay to see it. I'll see it eventually, probably when it comes out on dvd and I can rent it from Netflix.

I don't understand the comments they've made about the "star" of the show being a female, but not the Captain. The Captains have never been "The" star of the show anyway. Trek shows have always been an ensemble cast where the entire crew have been the "stars". Sounds like this show is going to focus on just one person or something.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Did someone say there would be a homosexual character in this? There's one in the new Star Trek movie - Sulu - and that's awful. Even the original Sulu, George Takei, was disappointed by this transgression. Gene Roddenberry wouldn't have approved.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 8:54 pm

Yeah, I believe it was Bryan Fuller, who's making the series who proudly announced a "gay" character. And since the other comments make it sound like the shows is going to focus on one non-Captain female, I expect she'll also be the lesbian star.

It's too bad, I really like Fuller's other work like Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls, and  Pushing Daisies. some of my favorite shows. Although there were homosexuals in episodes of those shows as well.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 3:17 pm

I also liked Wonderfalls, and Pushing Daisies. Miss them.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 10:20 am

If you've never watched "Dead Like Me", then you should check it out. I actually liked that show even better than the other two, definitely in the same vain as far as the humor. There were two seasons plus a movie made of DLM.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 5:48 pm

eber322 wrote:
If you've never watched "Dead Like Me", then you should check it out. I actually liked that show even better than the other two, definitely in the same vain as far as the humor. There were two seasons plus a movie made of DLM.

Ok, if it comes on again I'll watch it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: No kidding MSN actually said this.    In The News - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 4:04 am

Americans will have lighter mornings and darker evenings because of the earlier sunrises and sunsets in what is a tradition initiated by former President Benjamin Franklin to conserve energy, according to Live Science.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-clocks-are-changing-in-europe-but-why-not-the-us/ar-AAuapqM?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 9:58 am

Lol, people are so stupid. The guy is a Newsweek writer to boot.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Sulu accused of sexual harrasment.    In The News - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 4:04 am

Star Trek legend and outspoken activist George Takei has responded to a sexual assault claim made by former model and actor Scott Brunton that date back to 1981.
“Friends, I’m writing to respond to the accusations made by Scott R. [Brunton]. I want to assure you all that I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them,” Takei wrote on Twitter early Saturday. “The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/george-takei-denies-1981-sexual-assault-claim/ar-BBEQJWp?ocid=spartandhp
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 10:02 am

I read that last night and laughed my arse off. What a bunch of BS!
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 11:12 am

My guess is that with all the sexual misconduct allegations flying around, this guy wanted in hoping for a payout. He probably did meet Takei in passing once or twice back then, and since Takei was the only celebrity he has met, that's why he's accusing him.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 3:40 pm

Well I hope this is not true. Would be bad for Trek.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 10:03 pm

Eh, what Trek? All we have anymore is Jar Trek.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 6:34 am

eber322 wrote:
Eh, what Trek? All we have anymore is Jar Trek.
I seen a story where people are not happy with Abrams doing Star Wars. I wish I could remember which article it was on.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 9:14 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I seen a story where people are not happy with Abrams doing Star Wars. I wish I could remember which article it was on.

Abrams sucks. People are always bad mouthing Michael Bay, but Abrams wishes he was that good.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 9:43 am

Now Stallone and there's a police report. Just wait for all the old rockstar groupies to start accusing.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 9:48 am

ford plasko wrote:
Now Stallone and there's a police report. Just wait for all the old rockstar groupies to start accusing.
At this point you have to wonder which is harassment and which is sexual politics.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
ford plasko wrote:
At this point you have to wonder which is harassment and which is sexual politics.

I really have a hard time with digging so far into the past. I mean if Moore, Stallone, et al haven't been accused of anything recently I'm troubled by where this is going. It all turns into a He said She said situation. God only knows what I did 30-40 years ago. I was a drunken drugged out idiot back then.
As much as I dislike Sen. Franken I look at the picture and I can't tell if he's actually grabbing her. If he is then he's guilty of sexual misconduct, if not he's got a sick sense of humor. And who is taking the picture? Doesn't this person have some responsibility in this?
Moreover. Where are these women's families? If someone did that to one of my family there would be serious hell to pay. They would be losing a few teeth at the very least. In the words of Will Sonnett. No brags. Just facts.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Once a sexual predator always a sexual predator. They cannot help themselves the most disturbing part about these allegations is there are no new ones. Just from 30 or 40 years ago. In the case of Sulu he is on tape at the Howard Stern show saying he done the things that he is accused of.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Worlds First Space Nation.    In The News - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 4:32 pm

The world has a new nation, sort of. A new nation, yes, but not one that's located anywhere on this world.
It's called the Space Kingdom of Asgardia, the first "space nation," and despite its sci-fi sounding name, it's quite real. Currently, there are around 114,000 citizens of Asgardia (who presently reside in 204 earthbound nations), and they plan to collectively apply for membership to the United Nations as a bonafide nation state sometime in 2018.
https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/space/stories/worlds-first-space-nation-asgardia-has-officially-launched-orbit
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: James Franco to star in X-Men spinoff.    In The News - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 4:35 pm

In an unexpected development, 2oth Century Fox is moving forward with a Multiple Man solo movie starring James Franco. The one-two punch of last year’s Deadpool and this spring’s Logan seems to have reinvigorated Fox’s larger X-Men cinematic universe. Case in point: over the next two years alone, Fox will release the X-Men franchise installments New Mutants, Deadpool 2, X-Men: Dark Phoenix, and Gambit in theaters. Nevertheless, this Multiple Man news is something of a curveball.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: The Last Jedi   In The News - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 10:48 am

Disney has been trying to keep everything to do with this movie uber secret. Too bad they forgot fans have access to satellite imagery. Using shipping containers to hide the Millennium Falcon from prying eyes on the ground is a good idea. But using a satellite and looking down...there is no mistaking what you are looking at, or where it is.

Millennium Falcon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

In The News
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next