Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

In The News

Go down 
+6
ilaugh
justmemyselfandi
Skycastle
TRUE LIBERTY
madskillz
Pissedoffvulcan
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

In The News - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Are we alone in the Universe?   In The News - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 3:42 pm

This stuff always cracks me up. Check it out:

CNN

Like anybody needs to have ANY government admit that UFOs exist!
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 5:36 pm

We are the only life form. Besides the other life forms in the Universe.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 2:27 pm

But UFO's exist. We know they have been there a very long time. We just don't know what they are, or for, or anything else about them. That's the whole reason we call them Unidentified Flying Objects.

Are they proof of alien life? We simply do not know.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 6:28 pm

I seen a UFO one time in daylight. The thing was against the mountain the brightest silver you ever seen and lines really smooth. Pulled off to get a picture and it was gone.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: CBS expanding Star Trek, discussing 5 new shows   In The News - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 11:14 am

CBS expanding Star Trek, discussing 5 new shows

The idea of more Star Trek sounds very good. Being on tv instead of pay per view sounds good. But I worry that with the same people in charge as with STD we'll just end up with more Jar Trek. I'd love to see an actual Star Trek series though, especially with Picard in it. Having Picard in a new show opens up the possibility of a bunch of guest spots from other TNG characters as well. I'm afraid though all of this will come to naught as all we'll get is fake Klingons and non canon garbage. Can you imagine a series with Picard and these fake STD Klingons? Would ruin TNG and Worf.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/cbs-is-expanding-star-trek-reportedly-discussing-5-new-shows/ar-AAySt3g?OCID=ansmsnnews11

"For CBS, Star Trek: Discovery is just the beginning.

CBS Television Studios on Tuesday announced a five-year deal with Star Trek: Discovery showrunner Alex Kurtzman and his Secret Hideout production company, who will oversee the production of new Star Trek series. The deal, which runs through 2023, is said to potentially include new traditional shows like Discovery, shorter miniseries and possibly animation. (Disclosure: CBS is CNET's parent company).

And whereas Star Trek: Discovery runs on the CBS All Access streaming service in the US and Netflix internationally, the new deal includes having these shows potentially air on broadcast channels, cable and streaming services.

Kurtzman was recently elevated to showrunner for Discovery, taking over the role from departing executive producers Aaron Harberts and Gretchen J. Berg last week. The show's second season is currently in production and is expected to air in 2019.

One of these possible shows could be a very big deal for fans of Star Trek: The Next Generation. The Hollywood Reporter says Patrick Stewart might reprise his role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in a series that would be led by Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman, a former executive producer on Discovery. THR's sources say a deal isn't close to complete, and might not happen.

Meanwhile Variety is reporting four other possible shows, which sound like they cover a wide variety of programs. These include a series set at Starfleet Academy from the creators Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz (the two developed CW's reboot of Dynasty and Marvel's Runaways series for Hulu), a limited series based on Star Trek's Wrath of Khan story, another limited series with no available plot details and an animated series with no available plot details. None of these possible shows have been confirmed."

Last edited by eber322 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 9:40 am

If STD is on a non-pay channel I may watch. I find myself less and less interested in a lot of the new shows. Too much SJW nonsense on these days.
Stewart will be 80 by the time his show would be on. I don't doubt his ability just saying maybe it's not the actor that viewers want but story.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 9:57 am

They're not going to put STD on regular tv, just supposedly the new shows. All STD is is SJW nonsense, and not even canon nonsense at that. I expect that any new show with Picard will cast him as an admiral and he'll just be assigning missions to some new crew. Basically he'll be in it to draw fans but won't actually be the star of the show.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Girl Scouts sues Boy Scouts   In The News - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 4:50 pm

Girl Scouts sues Boy Scouts

This is just too funny!

Girls sue Boys

The fact is, adult women are to blame for the failure of the GSUSA organization. Even back when I was a Boy Scout, girls wanted to join us. They didn't want to be "Boys", they just wanted to do what we did. Back then, such girls were known as "Tomboys".

What has changed is that less and less girls want anything to do with GSUSA. Girls talk to each other. All those girls that are forced every year to freeze their butts off trying to sell cookies, tell other girls. Regardless of what the women of the organization want people to believe, the girls, and thus parents, know all she will do is sell cookies.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 12:01 am

The 41st President dies.

No links really needed. George H. W. Bush died at 94 years of age. That leaves Carter, George W. Bush, Clinton, and Obama. Carter is also 94 years old. George W and Clinton are both 71 years old. Not sure about Obama.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 6:43 pm

Bandit wrote:
The 41st President dies.

No links really needed. George H. W. Bush died at 94 years of age. That leaves Carter, George W. Bush, Clinton, and Obama. Carter is also 94 years old. George W and Clinton are both 71 years old. Not sure about Obama.
I had the pleasure of serving in the Navy while he was president.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

In The News
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7