Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Same old ........ Republicans cave again

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ford plasko

ford plasko

Same old ........ Republicans cave again Empty
PostSubject: Same old ........ Republicans cave again   Same old ........ Republicans cave again EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:59 am

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/food-safety/134447-in-sunday-evening-surprise-senate-passes-food-safety-bill-by-unanimous-consent

This is a bad bill. It will put a lot of small farms out of business. Of course I believe that was the point all along. Congress critters paying back big ag companies.
Some days I just want to scream. :x
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Same old ........ Republicans cave again   Same old ........ Republicans cave again EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:30 am

I am kinda of split on this issue. I work on in the food service industry and I can tell you standards have gone out the window. Along with food safety. A lot of restuarants hire crack dealers off the street people that just don't give a flying rats ass.

I have seen some disgusting things since the private contractor took over. I have seen some of the lowest of low lives hired. It is not just them it is all around the USA.

I hardly eat out anymore just because of that. You would be amazed on how people treat food. I have seen food sit at room temp for hours upon hours when I said something I just get the look of mind your own business.

Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Same old ........ Republicans cave again   Same old ........ Republicans cave again EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Here in CA, I have worked for many restaurants. Those family owned and run ones are obvious in how safe they are in the kitchen, just look at which one's are still in business (and I live in a tourist area, so if the tourists won't even eat there...).
But it is true, we eat out a lot less than we used to, and can only honestly blame it on money. Actually, BECAUSE of our lack of money, makes us even more critical on how those feeding us will treat OUR food!
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Same old ........ Republicans cave again   Same old ........ Republicans cave again EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Walter you ever do the serve safe course?
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Same old ........ Republicans cave again   Same old ........ Republicans cave again EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:54 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Yep, mine expires in 2013 in fact. Why? Gotta an opening for me at your place? :D
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Same old ........ Republicans cave again   Same old ........ Republicans cave again EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:34 pm

From hotair.com
And when the Wall Street Journal complains of corporate welfare via regulatory expansion, it’s worth noting.
From the Wall Street Journal.
The Senate waved through the largest expansion of food regulation since FDR on Tuesday, 73 to 25, and maybe the bill won the votes of 13 Republicans because there was hardly any public controversy. These days, the government needs to take over entire industries to get anyone to notice.

Not that this bill in the name of food safety isn’t a down payment. The Food and Drug Administration will gain new powers over the 2.2 million farms and 28,000 food producers in America—including federal standards for agricultural practices and food processing, transportation and storage—as well as the authority to mandate nationwide recalls. …

Not surprisingly, this bill’s main critics have been the small farms and local and organic food outfits that don’t have the profit margins to comply with new regulatory burdens like the “risk-based preventative controls” that the FDA will soon enforce. The House version applies even to farmers markets and roadside stands. Naturally, agribusiness and the processed food industry (and their legal departments) couldn’t be happier, and it’s not the first time big business has leveraged government to weigh down smaller competitors.

I stand by my first assessment,THIS IS A BAD BILL.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Same old ........ Republicans cave again   Same old ........ Republicans cave again EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 6:05 pm

Walterth3rd wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Yep, mine expires in 2013 in fact. Why? Gotta an opening for me at your place? :D
Lol know mine expired in 2007 they finally got around to renewing it have to take the class in January. My last score was 98.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Same old ........ Republicans cave again   Same old ........ Republicans cave again Empty

Back to top Go down

Same old ........ Republicans cave again
Page 1 of 1