Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity Empty
PostSubject: 8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity   8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:05 pm

My dad and I decided were going to do a road trip to the Lincoln memorial for Glenn Becks rally. Anyone else going? My father and me will probably be the only conservative atheist's at the rally. LOL!

This is who we are:

Hope: What other country on the planet — better yet, what other country in the history of this planet — has inspired so many people to risk life and limb to get there just for the chance at a better life? There's not even a guarantee. People don't take their families on a raft, through shark-infested waters, because they are searching for a handout.

You've heard it a million times: They are coming for the hope of a better life. They know that in America all you need is a dream and anything's possible. Last I checked no one is floating their way just at the chance to get into Cuba. Hope has always come from America.

How did it provide it?

Faith: Samuel Adams felt America was put together by divine providence — all of them did. They relied on it. God played an instrumental role; He was the one we had to have faith in. George Washington said: "It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor."

Charity: When there is an earthquake or tsunami, when there is hunger and poverty, there is no other country in history that has been more charitable than America. Name the country more giving and more generous than America. France? Spain? Germany?

Faith, hope and charity: They are the essential teachings of Christ.

Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: 8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity   8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 6:31 pm

If it is on a sat ya sure why not.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: 8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity   8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:33 pm

If you end up going let me know. Maybe we can meet up during the rally. My father has a friend that asked if he could come with us also. It should be a day for the history ooks.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: 8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity   8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Well seven more days until the rally! Im getting excited for it. And looking forward to the road trip with my father. With no hotels left in the D.C. area and happy we got ours early, I wouldnt be surprised if a million people show up. This is really going to be the modern day woodstock.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: 8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity   8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:44 pm

I just asked my wife and she said she aint going damn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity   8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Going to one of the most racist, hateful and irresponsible gatherings in US history....well, that's just pure win.

BTW, more people emmigrate to other countries now (outside of Mexicans)...we are no longer the golden child of the planet and haven't been for quite some time.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: 8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity   8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:03 pm

Let them I sure as in hell would not.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: 8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity   8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:08 pm

Guest wrote:
Going to one of the most racist, hateful and irresponsible gatherings in US history....well, that's just pure win.

BTW, more people emmigrate to other countries now (outside of Mexicans)...we are no longer the golden child of the planet and haven't been for quite some time.

Yes thats why family members from Martin Luther King our going to be speaking there. Its quite clear you have no idea or care to learn what this is about.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: 8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity   8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 9:13 pm

All Farscape has been doing since joining here is spewing hate and calling names. Just like all good liberals.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: 8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity   8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:19 am

Farscape, it is spelled IMMIGRATE! Get it right and keep SOME value to the words you are spouting. A little value anyway!
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: 8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity   8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I just asked my wife and she said she aint going damn.

You should go without her. Im convinced this going to be one of those moments in your life you talk about every year with the family at Christmas time when everyone comes together. My wife is scared to death something bad will be started from some of the radical right. She really does not want me to go but its something I just gotta do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity   8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity Empty

Back to top Go down

8-28-10 Hope, Faith, Charity
Page 1 of 1