Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Hope you have your prepper.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Hope you have your prepper.  Empty
PostSubject: Hope you have your prepper.    Hope you have your prepper.  EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:58 am

Just talked to my cousin. He works at Purdue Chicken processing plant. If the democrats and republicans do not come to an agreement. Obama is going to shut down the USDA. That means all meat processing plants are also going to shut down. Starving all Americans. You would think that is essential personnel right?
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Hope you have your prepper.    Hope you have your prepper.  EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 11:53 am

I really don't believe that. Either the USDA won't be shut down, or companies will run without USDA oversight. The USDA doesn't only oversee meat processing, they oversee ALL food from growth to sale.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Hope you have your prepper.    Hope you have your prepper.  EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 12:57 pm

Dunno where you guys have been, but I posted this in the other thread back on 4 October. The USDA did in fact shut down 1 October, but Obama didn't do it. Congress did.

Letter to USDA from President of US

And no, they're not really essential. Each state has it's own Dept of Agriculture, partially staffed and funded by the federal government. Now, without the staff and funds from the federal government, each state must bear the burden alone. If you live in a state that produces little in the Agri market, no big deal. But if you live in a state like mine where 80+ percent of your products are from Agriculture, it can and will destroy the states budget.

So the question, is how long can the states hold out, before they have to shut down as well.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Hope you have your prepper.    Hope you have your prepper.  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:05 am

If the USDA shut down as part of the general government shutdown, then yes Obama did do it. He's 100% responsible for the shut down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hope you have your prepper.    Hope you have your prepper.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hope you have your prepper.
Page 1 of 1