Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Ted Cruises father talks about Hope and Change.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Ted Cruises father talks about Hope and Change.  Empty
PostSubject: Ted Cruises father talks about Hope and Change.    Ted Cruises father talks about Hope and Change.  EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 1:04 pm

RAFAEL CRUZ: I grew up in Cuba under a strong military, oppressive dictatorship. So as a teenager I found myself involved in a revolution. I remember during that time a young charismatic leader rose up talking about hope and change. His name was Fidel Castro. And, you know, we all followed him. We all we thought he was going to be our liberator. As a result of being involved in the revolution, I was imprisoned, I was tortured, but by the grace of God I was able to leave Cuba on a student visa and came to the greatest country on the face of the earth.

I think the most ominous words I've ever heard was in the last two State of the Union addresses when our president said, "If Congress does not act, I will act unilaterally." Not much different than that that old bearded friend that I left behind in Cuba, governing by degree, by executive order, just like a dictator like Fidel Castro. I feel that without a shadow of a doubt, outside of the Bible, the greatest two documents that have ever been penned are the Constitution of the United States and the Declaration of Independence. (cheers and applause).

The reason those two documents have lasted for 230 years is because they were written on the knees of the Framers, men of God seeking wisdom from above. And those truths are as relevant today as they were 230 years ago. When we see the intrusion of one of our liberties, when we see, whether it is looking at our e-mails or listening to our telephone calls or when we see the IRS targeting Tea Party groups, freedom-loving groups for their political ideology, I say we can remain silent no more!
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com

Ted Cruises father talks about Hope and Change.
Page 1 of 1