Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.  Empty
PostSubject: Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.    Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.  EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:10 pm

When Sean Harrington entered his freshman year at Arlington High School, he noticed something peculiar: There were no American flags in the classrooms, and no one recited the Pledge of Allegiance. So Harrington enlisted the aid of his fellow students, and now, three years later, they have succeeded in getting flags installed in the classrooms. But the pledge still will not be recited. The Arlington, Mass., school committee has rejected the 17-year-old's request to allow students to voluntarily recite the Pledge of Allegiance, because some educators are concerned that it would be hard to find teachers willing to recite it, according to a report in the Arlington Patch. Harrington had presented school officials with a petition signed by 700 people, along with letters of support from lawmakers including Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., and Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.    Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.  EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:37 pm

When I started school it was required to say the pledge at the start of everyday. Then about fifth grade they changed it to only at the beginning of assemblies. Then in about seventh grade they stopped doing it altogether. Kids today probably don't even know the pledge.

And why would it be hard to find teachers willing to recite it? They refuse to pledge loyalty to this country? If so, they should be fired and then deported, even if they are citizens.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.    Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.  EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Well if you say the pledge then you have to say god and if you say god then you get brain damage for the rest of your life.
Back to top Go down
Samurai

Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.    Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.  EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:50 pm

We didn't do it everyday after 5th grade. My question is why is it such a sin not to recite it everyday in school? Do you guys say the pledge everyday? I doubt it. I don't see it as a big deal. To me it's implied unless you specifically state otherwise.

Samurai
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.    Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.  EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:33 pm

Pledge so much does not bother me we didn't do it after 6th grade. But not flying the flag ya that sucks.
Back to top Go down
Coyote-Loco

Coyote-Loco

PostSubject: Re: Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.    Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.  EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:48 pm

We said it till the 6th grade too and every class I was in had a flag all through school.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.    Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.  EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:52 am

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.    Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Give this kid credit. I am sure he will be veiwed as a radical right winger.
Page 1 of 1