Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

OK I have a series of video's that you are just going to love.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

OK I have a series of video's that you are just going to love.  Empty
PostSubject: OK I have a series of video's that you are just going to love.    OK I have a series of video's that you are just going to love.  EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Your going to love this.

Now the mind change.

Transcript from Obamas speech.

Quote :
OBAMA: What we saw yesterday was a change in personnel but not a change in policy. We did not say that starting July 2011 suddenly there would be no troops from the United States or allied countries in Afghanistan. We didn't say we'd be switching off the lights and closing the door behind us. General Petraeus understands that strategy because he helped shape it. And my expectation is that he will be outstanding in implementing it, and we will not miss a beat.

Man I bet the liberals are going nuts.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Samurai

Samurai

PostSubject: Re: OK I have a series of video's that you are just going to love.    OK I have a series of video's that you are just going to love.  EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:34 pm

I don't see how that quote of Obama's is any different than what he's said all along. He said we'll start withdrawing combat troops in july of 2011. He always acknowledged there would be support troops and the like still there afterward. Just like we still have troops in Germany, Japan, Italy and South Korea 60 and 70 years after the last war.

This will surpise some of you but I couldn't disagree with a lot of what Christie said. There are ways to control spending without raising taxes. Here in my state of Iowa the teachers and the firefighters were not only fighting to keep their current pay and benefits, which I support. But were also asking for raises, which I do not support. How can you ask for a raise when state revenues are plummeting? Unions have transcended their original purpose of ensuring fair pay and and good working conditions and have become orginizations unto themselves. Corporations are still trying to bend over the workforce every chance they get but it's not the job of the union to try and bend over the businesses but just to make sure the businesses don't succeed in their mission of raking in as much profit as possible while simultaneously trying to burn the employees.

The company I work for is an international company. Took in roughly 10 billiion dollars in PROFIT last year. I am the lowest in the pecking order and I cannot get a mere .50 per hour raise because there is a pay freeze for my workgroup. There's no freeze for the execs who make considerably more than I do. They haven't cut back on the pat on the back awards dinners and trips for middle management. But I get frakked on what would amount to be just under $1000 per year raise. And I don't make a whole lot to start with. I haven't had a raise in two years but my bills and cost of living go up, my pay should keep up. I don't ask for the world, just to be able to support myself and my family and not have to juggle which bill isn't getting paid this month.

Samurai
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: OK I have a series of video's that you are just going to love.    OK I have a series of video's that you are just going to love.  EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:43 pm

Quote :
This will surpise some of you but I couldn't disagree with a lot of what Christie said. There are ways to control spending without raising taxes. Here in my state of Iowa the teachers and the firefighters were not only fighting to keep their current pay and benefits, which I support. But were also asking for raises, which I do not support. How can you ask for a raise when state revenues are plummeting? Unions have transcended their original purpose of ensuring fair pay and and good working conditions and have become orginizations unto themselves. Corporations are still trying to bend over the workforce every chance they get but it's not the job of the union to try and bend over the businesses but just to make sure the businesses don't succeed in their mission of raking in as much profit as possible while simultaneously trying to burn the employees.

The company I work for is an international company. Took in roughly 10 billiion dollars in PROFIT last year. I am the lowest in the pecking order and I cannot get a mere .50 per hour raise because there is a pay freeze for my workgroup. There's no freeze for the execs who make considerably more than I do. They haven't cut back on the pat on the back awards dinners and trips for middle management. But I get frakked on what would amount to be just under $1000 per year raise. And I don't make a whole lot to start with. I haven't had a raise in two years but my bills and cost of living go up, my pay should keep up. I don't ask for the world, just to be able to support myself and my family and not have to juggle which bill isn't getting paid this month.
It has been 4 years since I have seen a pay raise. I work for Virginia state government so when some teacher complains about not getting a pay raise sorry if I have no sympathy for her. That is a well thought out posts Sam I have to agree with everything you have said. Kind of weird how some stuff we are just not that far apart on.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK I have a series of video's that you are just going to love.    OK I have a series of video's that you are just going to love.  Empty

Back to top Go down

OK I have a series of video's that you are just going to love.
Page 1 of 1