Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  Empty
PostSubject: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 8:03 pm

Same-sex couples will have to wait longer to begin marrying in Virginia after the U.S. Supreme Court agreed Wednesday to delay an appeals court ruling striking down the state's gay marriage ban.

The nation's highest court granted a request from a county clerk in northern Virginia to delay a decision by the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond that would have allowed for same-sex couples to marry beginning Thursday morning. The state would have also had to start recognizing gay marriages from out of state if the Supreme Court had denied the request. The court provided no explanation for its order.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 7:36 pm

Deal with it gay marriage will be a reality and nothing you homophobes can do about it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 3:53 pm

PappyLee wrote:
Deal with it gay marriage will be a reality and nothing you homophobes can do about it.
I would not bet on that. You never know what the supreme court will do. Remember you have 4 liberal justices and 5 conservative justices.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
PappyLee wrote:
I would not bet on that. You never know what the supreme court will do. Remember you have 4 liberal justices and 5 conservative justices.
As much as I dislike it, I think the homosexual marriages will pass the SCOTUS if the case(s) get there anytime soon. 5-4 is a pretty slim margin, and judges cannot always be relied upon to vote any particular way.

Only way I see it being blocked if an honest to god real conservative gets into the White House in 2016, and also hold the senate. Even then, we would need to see a few liberal justices retire so a Conservative judge or two can take their places. 7-2, perhaps.

I don't see that scenario playing out, do you?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Annoyed wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
PappyLee wrote:
As much as I dislike it, I think the homosexual marriages will pass the SCOTUS if the case(s) get there anytime soon. 5-4 is a pretty slim margin, and judges cannot always be relied upon to vote any particular way.

Only way I see it being blocked if an honest to god real conservative gets into the White House in 2016, and also hold the senate. Even then, we would need to see a few liberal justices retire so a Conservative judge or two can take their places. 7-2, perhaps.

I don't see that scenario playing out, do you?
50 50 chance. A lot has to be argued. if they let gay marriage go through than you have to let a man marry as many people as he wants or a woman.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:52 pm

They've already overturned several states bans, this one will be as well. The People are against gay marriage, just as they were against abortion back in the 70's, but the SC will just overturn the will of the people just like they did then.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 5:25 pm

eber322 wrote:
They've already overturned several states bans, this one will be as well. The People are against gay marriage, just as they were against abortion back in the 70's, but the SC will just overturn the will of the people just like they did then.
No the SC has not overturned anything. Matter of fact they just stayed the courts decision in Virginia until the supreme court hears the case.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 5:27 pm

eber322 wrote:
And in California, not once, but twice within the past 10 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Get used to it bigots. Who are you to tell people who they can and cannot love? Does it effect you? No so what two people of the same sex want to be with each other has no effect on you or anyone else. You guys need to get with the times and stop being bigots.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 5:26 pm

PappyLee wrote:
Get used to it bigots. Who are you to tell people who they can and cannot love? Does it effect you? No so what two people of the same sex want to be with each other has no effect on you or anyone else. You guys need to get with the times and stop being bigots.
It does affect me.

1: Ok, what's next? Adults & Children? Ever hear of NAMBLA?

The North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) is a pedophile and pederasty advocacy organization in the United States. It works to abolish age of consent laws criminalizing adult sexual involvement with minors, and campaigns for the release of all men who have been jailed for sexual contacts with minors that did not involve coercion.

How about Polygamy? Polyandry?  Polygyny?
Where do you draw the line? You grant one group of freaks legitimacy, it's hard to logically deny others. Or hadn't you thought that far ahead yet?

2: The real motivation is financial. The big advantage to marriage is access to and eligibility for a whole host of benefits, some of which are paid for by my tax dollars.

3: I don't want my young being shown or taught that this is acceptable behavior.

So don't even try to make the argument that it doesn't affect me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 5:53 pm

Annoyed wrote:
PappyLee wrote:
It does affect me.

The North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) is a pedophile and pederasty advocacy organization in the United States. It works to abolish age of consent laws criminalizing adult sexual involvement with minors, and campaigns for the release of all men who have been jailed for sexual contacts with minors that did not involve coercion.

Where do you draw the line? You grant one group of freaks legitimacy, it's hard to logically deny others. Or hadn't you thought that far ahead yet?

2: The real motivation is financial. The big advantage to marriage is access to and eligibility for a whole host of benefits, some of which are paid for by my tax dollars.

3: I don't want my young being shown or taught that this is acceptable behavior.

Now you are just being an extreme right wing nutbag. No one is going to approve children marrying men. just another slippery slope argument by bigots.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 6:07 pm

PappyLee wrote:
Annoyed wrote:
PappyLee wrote:
It does affect me.

Now you are just being an extreme right wing nutbag. No one is going to approve children marrying men. just another slippery slope argument by bigots.
How so how is he being a leftwing nutbag. The slippery slope has been proven over and over again. Take the patriot act. You guys were against that now you are for it. Obama has expanded it. Once this starts it will not end until we have no child molestation laws.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 8:02 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
PappyLee wrote:
Annoyed wrote:
PappyLee wrote:
It does affect me.

How so how is he being a leftwing nutbag. The slippery slope has been proven over and over again. Take the patriot act. You guys were against that now you are for it. Obama has expanded it. Once this starts it will not end until we have no child molestation laws.
Always have been against the Patriot Act.
The republicans were cowards not too block it. Now we have to pay for it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 5:22 pm

Pappy if the supreme court blocks gay marriage I cannot wait for your response.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 12:07 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

I don't see how it could happen. This same Supreme Court has already approved gay marriage time after time, including throwing out several states laws banning it. Why would they now change their stance?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 2:57 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

I don't see how it could happen. This same Supreme Court has already approved gay marriage time after time, including throwing out several states laws banning it. Why would they now change their stance?
Where because I have not seen it.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:21 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

State of California; not once but twice their voters defeated gay marriage at the ballot box, and twice the SCOTUS has told the voters to take a hike.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Annoyed wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

State of California; not once but twice their voters defeated gay marriage at the ballot box, and twice the SCOTUS has told the voters to take a hike.
I think that was done by the California Supreme court.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:25 pm

Nope I stand corrected they did rule in the favor of California. Now someone needs to bring a lawsuit so they can Marry as many women as they want.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 10:51 pm

Yeah, the SC has struck down both the "defense of marriage act" and Californias ban on gay marriage. I thought there were a couple of other states that had that happen as well, but I can't find them so maybe not. I do see that Texas had a federal judge rule against their ban, maybe I misremembered that as having been the SC.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:24 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Nope I stand corrected they did rule in the favor of California. Now someone needs to bring a lawsuit so they can Marry as many women as they want.

Nope. You were right the first time. The Federal Supreme Court didn't make a decision on California's Proposition 8 (rightfully so) kicking it back down to the California Supreme Court which found it unconstitutional.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:27 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

They won't.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:35 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
PappyLee wrote:
Annoyed wrote:
PappyLee wrote:
It does affect me.

Still making these extremely hyperbolic slippery slope arguments I see. I wonder if people in the 70's were making the argument that if you legalize abortion it would lead to laws allowing someone to kill their children within the first year of birth if they changed their mind about parenting said child.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:54 pm

ilaugh wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

They won't.
Wishful thinking for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.    Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.  EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:56 pm

ilaugh wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
PappyLee wrote:
Annoyed wrote:
PappyLee wrote:
It does affect me.

Still making these extremely hyperbolic slippery slope arguments I see. I wonder if people in the 70's were making the argument that if you legalize abortion it would lead to laws allowing someone to kill their children within the first year of birth if they changed their mind about parenting said child.      
Oh I am truly a firm believer that a woman should have a right to abort her child one year after birth.
Back to top Go down

Supreme court blocks same sex marriage. The left is livid.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next