Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Conversation with a co worker about religion.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Conversation with a co worker about religion.  Empty
PostSubject: Conversation with a co worker about religion.    Conversation with a co worker about religion.  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 6:08 pm

Was a talking to a co worker at lunch and she is somewhat of a conservative does not agree with Obama. However she was saying that religion is evil and has caused many deaths and should be outlawed.

Now normally I keep the peace. But not this time. I said how can you say that? Atheism has caused just as much death as religion. She started to argue with me which I then pointed out Pol Pot, Moa, Stalin and Lenin how they killed over a 100 million outlawing religion because they were atheist. She was taken aback said she never thought of it that way.

Now keep in mind we were talking about Islam. I said you cannot lump all religions in with Islam I said there are very peaceful religions it is man that is evil and use religion in evil ways. If you follow religion there would be no wars.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with a co worker about religion.    Conversation with a co worker about religion.  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Don't forget Hitler, he was an atheist too.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with a co worker about religion.    Conversation with a co worker about religion.  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 1:05 am

Actually, what many overlook is that Christ said He never liked religion, it never does what it is supposed to do and generally takes the focus off of God where it should be and places it on man, where it shouldn't be! Plus, it claims there are ways to 'earn' your way to Heaven when Jesus already paid ALL of that far to get in! Thus is why He said, 'It is FINISHED'!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with a co worker about religion.    Conversation with a co worker about religion.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Conversation with a co worker about religion.
Page 1 of 1