Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Religion, is it a form of government?

Go down 
+3
Walterth3rd
Skycastle
YawnGG
7 posters
AuthorMessage
YawnGG

YawnGG

Religion, is it a form of government? Empty
PostSubject: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:08 am

I vote yes.:)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/EducatedAmerica
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:16 pm

When I have time I'll get back to the God issue with you, but I've been busy lately arguing with Republicans about Romney. They see him as our salvation, when in reality he's just another status-quo, power-loving control freak. I'm depressed about the despotic way the Romney and the RNC treated Ron Paul at the convention in Tampa. Although he's a legitimate delegate, they wouldn't let him speak unless he bowed to their tyrannical demands. This shows Romney's true colors, and it's disgusting.

"In an interview with the New York Times published today, Paul claims that convention organizers told him he could deliver a speech on two conditions. First, the Romney campaign would get to vet his speech, and second, he would have to give a full-blown endorsement of the GOP nominee. Paul balked at both requirements. “It wouldn’t be my speech,” Paul told the Times."

Ron Paul declines to endorse Romney, spurns convention speaking slot

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/26/ron-paul-declines-to-endorse-romney-spurns-convention-speaking-slot/

Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:06 pm

That is why Paul is more likely to get MY vote!!!
Back to top Go down
justmemyselfandi

justmemyselfandi

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:11 pm

I don't see why not. Idealism is the new religion of the left. I've been chased out of several left wing web sites because I questioned the validity of their views. They seemed to love it when I challenged my own, but turnabout is sacrilege, I guess.

It just goes to show you that where many people think alike not much thought can be found there.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:18 pm

Well justmemyselfandi, I am reminded of term I learned about a few years ago in school, 'GROUPSPEAK' as I recall it was known as. A group gets together and agrees something is 'right' even when it is patently wrong! In fact, USUALLY wrong is groupspeak! As bad (or worse) than the 'facts' surrounding Global Warming, that is, Climate Change. :suspect:
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:37 pm

I do not think Romney is the salvation. We still have to be vigilente. I think Romney knows if he does not do the things he is saying now he is a one term prez.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I do not think Romney is the salvation. We still have to be vigilente. I think Romney knows if he does not do the things he is saying now he is a one term prez.

Yep
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:01 pm

It doesn't matter. If he beats Obama, he'll issue the same orders from the same masters. And if Romney doesn't get reelected, the next guy will do the same.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:19 pm

Yep
Back to top Go down
Tuck

Tuck

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Religion is just another way to control the masses. Trust me as a non practicing child of a die hard catholic it is control. You have to pay to participate just like paying taxes and guess what it is never enough.

Kudo's to Ron Paul for not caving. I enjoyed viewing the speech he gave in 2002 and man was he right. I do like Romney but he appears to be more like a puppet than leader.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:16 pm

Walterth3rd wrote:
That is why Paul is more likely to get MY vote!!!
I'm with you. But not all states allow write-in candidates, so I'm considering voting for Virgil Goode of the Constitution Party. I was going to hold my nose and vote for Romney, but after that horror at the convention I'm reconsidering that. I've never been caught between two more rotten voting positions than this. I haaaaaate Obama, and Romney is a power-hungry control-freak who suuuuuuucks! So what the hell can we do? We either lose big or we just lose. There's no way in hell for America to win.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:22 pm

justmemyselfandi wrote:
I don't see why not. Idealism is the new religion of the left. I've been chased out of several left wing web sites because I questioned the validity of their views. They seemed to love it when I challenged my own, but turnabout is sacrilege, I guess.

It just goes to show you that where many people think alike not much thought can be found there.
Since "freedom of speech" is an ideal which leftists claim to hold, how can they violate it and still be called idealists? I'd call them hypocrites. It is amazing that when leftists control websites, strict control of speech ensues. But some conservative websites also do this. Neither side is free from the suppression of opposing ideas, but the left is far more guilty. That's especially obvious on college campuses, where PC rules like an iron fist. Step out of line and they crush you.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Tuck wrote:
Religion is just another way to control the masses. Trust me as a non practicing child of a die hard catholic it is control. You have to pay to participate just like paying taxes and guess what it is never enough.

Kudo's to Ron Paul for not caving. I enjoyed viewing the speech he gave in 2002 and man was he right. I do like Romney but he appears to be more like a puppet than leader.
Yes, religion can be used to control the masses, but I believe Christianity is true. It espouses self-control, chastity, charity, love, and obedience to God. This is a good form of control, where self-control is advocated. Christianity gave us the United States, as there were more Christians among our Founding Fathers than any other group - by a wide margin.
Back to top Go down
justmemyselfandi

justmemyselfandi

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Skycastle wrote:
justmemyselfandi wrote:

Since "freedom of speech" is an ideal which leftists claim to hold, how can they violate it and still be called idealists? I'd call them hypocrites. It is amazing that when leftists control websites, strict control of speech ensues. But some conservative websites also do this. Neither side is free from the suppression of opposing ideas, but the left is far more guilty. That's especially obvious on college campuses, where PC rules like an iron fist. Step out of line and they crush you.

I believe that those who scream the loudest for freedom of speech are also screaming to get over the voices of those they consider not worth listening to.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 5:32 pm

justmemyselfandi wrote:
I believe that those who scream the loudest for freedom of speech are also screaming to get over the voices of those they consider not worth listening to.
I'm not sure what your point was there...?
Back to top Go down
justmemyselfandi

justmemyselfandi

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:03 am

Skycastle wrote:
justmemyselfandi wrote:

I'm talking about the left screaming and crying about freedoms such as speech, when all they really want is to silence indecent. There are more straw men in the presidents acceptance speech than there were in the casting room for the movie, The wizard of Oz.

Sorry for my vagueness. At times I try to be Philosophical and trip over my own feet.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:23 pm

justmemyselfandi wrote:
Skycastle wrote:
justmemyselfandi wrote:

I'm talking about the left screaming and crying about freedoms such as speech, when all they really want is to silence indecent. There are more straw men in the presidents acceptance speech than there were in the casting room for the movie, The wizard of Oz.

Sorry for my vagueness. At times I try to be Philosophical and trip over my own feet.
No problem; you cleared that up nicely. And you're right about the disconnect between what the left says it wants, and what it does. Hypocrisy at its best. And Obama sure is a natural-born liar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religion, is it a form of government?   Religion, is it a form of government? Empty

Back to top Go down

Religion, is it a form of government?
Page 1 of 1