Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy Empty
PostSubject: This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy   This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:06 pm

So we are having a conversation about sex on the show Defiance. Now I am going to post this.

Quote :
If you thought that our television channels were already saturated with enough sex, vulgarity and profanity, you may want to brace yourself – the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is proposing changes to its guidelines that would allow more racy content to infiltrate the small screen during hours when kids could tune in.

A public notice posted on the regulatory agency’s website last month said that FCC is launching a review that may end the prohibition of expletives and certain images of nudity on television. The FCC had first given the public until May 20 to weigh in on the hot-button issue, but that deadline was recently extended to June 19.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/05/21/fcc-proposing-to-allow-more-sex-and-profanity-during-kids-television-viewing/?intcmp=features#ixzz2Ty2lmtqt
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy   This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:42 pm

I'm fine with it. Perhaps people should stop using the TV as a babysitter. There's really no reason we should have to baby proof our world because of lazy parents.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy   This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:09 pm

I just beat MBG on a debate and she didn't get nasty.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy   This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:28 pm

I think it's past the point where it matters. We already have homos all over tv and in schools indoctrinating kids, now they can watch Bert and Ernie have gay buttsex and Barney the dinosaur molest Dora. That's about the only low left short of cannibalism at this point.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy   This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Link please. I don't want to search the whole board. =)
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy   This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:02 pm

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2362835&page=8
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy   This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

As I read that, you didn't beat her. She is correct. She never said the FCC could not regulate anything with cable networks, she said they do not do it. Another member posted this as fact.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy   This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy EmptyFri May 24, 2013 12:16 pm

While there may not be FCC regulation, the local franchise authority may have some. I'd be surprised if they didn't.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy   This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy EmptyFri May 24, 2013 3:37 pm

Annoyed wrote:
While there may not be FCC regulation, the local franchise authority may have some. I'd be surprised if they didn't.
They do. They also have obscenity laws they must abide by, and the expectation of the companies that advertise on them, at least for companies that make money through advertising, like TNT. You don't want to offend the hand that feeds you.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy   This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Then will stand corrected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy   This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy Empty

Back to top Go down

This is a conversation we have been having on skiffy
Page 1 of 1