Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Five days to Obamacare.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 3:05 pm

They shut down Seneca Rocks National Recreation Area. They shut the gates. This is an unmanned area except the visitor center which was due to shut down anyway. People are parking along side the road and entering the area despite Obama.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:56 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
It is time for both parties to sit down and hammer this out and stop with the rhetoric. It is time that both parties do what WE THE PEOPLE PAY THEM TO DO.
It's my opinion, that what I highlighted is all important. It does not matter your party affiliation, or even if you work for the government in any capacity. You're still going to pay, and pay dearly.

The longer they keep this up, the more expensive it will be. As I posted earlier, there's quite a few people in Congress, that come next election, will be looking for a new job, regardless their party. 2 years, is a very short time in politics.

"Take it for the team" is meaningless, when the team is homeless, watching you eat steak.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 4:41 pm

And another example.

http://twitchy.com/2013/10/05/unbelievable-police-prevent-drivers-from-pulling-over-and-viewing-mt-rushmore/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Behavior of an adult? Or that of a spoiled child having a tantrum?

Frankly, I hope the Republicans hold out for as long as the have to to stop Obamacare, and then they can do the same thing to stop the debt ceiling from being increased. We can pay our bills, we just have to stop wasting money in order to do so.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:12 am

Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 Temper-tantrum-Obama3-1
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Well, now I know why congress caved in and let Obama have his way. Oct 11th Obama sent out orders to all the states to not provide any food stamps in November unless they caved in to him. And of course, he was going to blame that on Republicans in congress even though it would have been all his doing just like the shut down in the first place was. The idea of millions of people rioting and pizzed off scared congress into caving. So, in effect, Obamas dictatorship is now complete. Congress now has no more power then he allows them, if they try to do their jobs in any way that doesn't please him, he can just resort to strategy again.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:11 pm

eber322 wrote:
Well, now I know why congress caved in and let Obama have his way. Oct 11th Obama sent out orders to all the states to not provide any food stamps in November unless they caved in to him. And of course, he was going to blame that on Republicans in congress even though it would have been all his doing just like the shut down in the first place was. The idea of millions of people rioting and pizzed off scared congress into caving. So, in effect, Obamas dictatorship is now complete. Congress now has no more power then he allows them, if they try to do their jobs in any way that doesn't please him, he can just resort to strategy again.
You got a source for that?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:11 pm

eber322 wrote:
That is a hard one to swallow. However if that is the case that is troubling.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:18 pm

So Obama shuts the government down. Now is thinking about delaying the ACTA. So it was the democrats shutdown. Especially if they delay
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 11:51 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Video talks about how it would have effected Utah, but it would be the same in all states.

The letter itself... http://swordattheready.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/usda-ebt-shutdown.jpg

Various sources reporting on it...

http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/obama-plotting-to-suspend-popular-handout/

http://pumabydesign001.com/2013/10/16/obama-escalates-inflict-the-pain-campaign-usda-orders-states-to-withhold-november-food-stamps/

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/10/16/usda-tells-states-to-shut-down-food-stamp-program-until-deal-reached-85360

http://bunkerville.wordpress.com/2013/10/16/obama-to-cut-off-november-food-stamps-across-nation/
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 12:47 am

There's no proof there suggesting Obama threatened to cut off people from SNAP if the Republicans refused to open up the government. However the funding for SNAP would have eventually run out.

Quote :
In a document outlining its contingency plan for a potential shutdown next week, USDA said funding for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits — formerly known as food stamps — will continue in October under authority granted by the 2009 stimulus bill. In addition, the agency said, states might still also be able to receive partial reimbursements for related administrative costs from a $2 billion contingency fund.

Child nutrition programs — including “School Lunch, School Breakfast, Child and Adult Care Feeding, Summer Food Service and Special Milk” — will also continue into October, the USDA said.

But not all federal food aid will continue, though advocates say many states may pick up the tab. Federal funding for administration and benefits under the Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children — which provides grants to states for food aid, health care referrals and nutrition education for some low-income women and children — will cease if the government shuts down.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/09/28/some-food-aid-funneled-through-states-will-continue-if-the-government-shuts-down/
The Bunkerville article isn't about the government shutdown that the House Republicans initiated in their fight to stop the ACA. It's about a planned upcoming scale down to the program and even states that from their source. "The modern-day food stamp plan, now called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, is scheduled to scale back benefits for all recipients on Nov. 1 because a recession-era boost in benefits is expiring."

The WND opinion article is just standard fare for that blog. In other words....Obama's a communist, fascist, Muslim theocrat who hates America.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:34 am

ilaugh wrote:
The WND opinion article is just standard fare for that blog. In other words....Obama's a communist, fascist, Muslim theocrat who hates America.
Not 100% sure about the Muslim status, but the rest is pretty much right on the money. And he is at least extremely sympathetic towards Muslims.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 10:23 am

ilaugh wrote:

The Bunkerville article isn't about the government shutdown that the House Republicans initiated in their fight to stop the ACA. It's about a planned upcoming scale down to the program and even states that from their source.
You obviously didn't even read the article then. The title: "Obama to cut off November Food Stamps across Nation" Not scale down, cut off.

That title is followed by an NBC article talking about reduction, what you call a "scale back".

Then Bunkerville talks about the ORDER to cut off ALL food stamps.

Then we have the CUT OFF ALL FOOD STAMPS order that Obama had sent out pasted right in the middle of the article big as life.

And finally the same video from Youtube I posted above.

Next time you decide to comment about any article, how about you actually READ it first?

ilaugh wrote:
There's no proof there suggesting Obama threatened to cut off people from SNAP if the Republicans refused to open up the government.
Apparently you didn't READ the letter either. You know, the one I linked, the one that appears in every article as well.

Nice link you posted to an off topic article by the way.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
It's hard to swallow, because it isn't true.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 5:27 pm

eber322 wrote:
You obviously didn't even read the article then. The title: "Obama to cut off November Food Stamps across Nation" Not scale down, cut off.
Sure I did. In fact here is the whole article.

http://bunkerville.wordpress.com wrote:
Anyone still wondering if last weekend with the EBT food stamp program shut down was just a dry run?

The United States Dept Of Agriculture is the governmental body tasked with overseeing the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or “SNAP.”

According to a memo dated Oct 11 2013 and circulated among SNAP program administrators for all states that participate, the USDA recommends they begin withholding benefits from citizens beginning in November.

Is the US Dept of Agriculture trying to create panic among program participants as we saw previously?  Earlier post: Food Stamp crash – ‘How will I feed my family’ -Update Chaos
But their source article is from NBC News and it clearly states that what's happening is a scheduled reduction in benefits from an elevated state due to the last recession.
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/food-stamp-benefits-going-down-holidays-8C11418632

The news video is from the 15th of Oct. as far as I can tell; the letter from the 11th. My guess is that this is all about what could of happened if SNAP would of run out of funding due to the government shutdown. The government is (at least for now) up and running again with a budget that will carry us through the end of the year. Which brings me to my article that explains some of the budgetary issues facing the USDA during the government shutdown. It's all there. this is just yet another example of a right wing blog attempting to manufacture a crisis were none exists. It's right wing fear mongering 101.

Plus your original argument was that Obama ordered the shutdown of SNAP in order to put the Republicans in a corner, to pass a budget.  I see no evidence to support that claim. Without a budget federal programs were running out of funds rapidly, that's how it works and the House Republicans knew that going in.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 7:51 pm

Obama was solely responsible for the government shut down, he was the one who refused to accept anything from congress except exactly what he wanted. He caused the shut down. There was, and is, plenty of money to pay for SNAP, but Obama ordered it shut down. Because of that, congress caved and put up no opposition to him. Those are the plain and simple facts, Obama caused the shut down, threatened to withhold food stamps, and forced congress to kiss his azz. Period.

SNAP (food stamps) are guaranteed even in the event of a government shut down, just like Social Security, military pay, US mail etc. You can even see what is shut down, and what isn't, during a shut down here...

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/What-You-Can-and-Cant-Do-During-a-Government-Shutdown-225824691.html

Notice they list... "Receive SNAP benefits: The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program will continue to operate."

But they wouldn't have because Obama ordered them suspended. I have little doubt that if Congress didn't bow by the end of November, Obama would have ordered Social Security suspended next.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 11:49 pm

eber322 wrote:
Obama was solely responsible for the government shut down, he was the one who refused to accept anything from congress except exactly what he wanted. He caused the shut down.
You just keep telling yourself that. I don't think most republicans believe that Obama single handedly shut down the government. That's just so far fetched it's silly. Especially seeing how the House Republicans reneged on their own CR. I'm sure that the House Republicans know exactly who shut down the government, seeing as how they did it.  

eber322 wrote:
He caused the shut down. There was, and is, plenty of money to pay for SNAP, but Obama ordered it shut down.
There is absolutely no evidence to support your claim. ZERO, ZIP, NADA! Nowhere in that letter does it state that the federal government is cutting off funding to SNAP. You're reading into the letter what you want to, simple as that. This wasn't even a conspiracy theory until that glitch in EBT benefits. Now some are trying to spin it into something it isn't. Which is par for the course considering some of the absurd crap that passes as news on some of these blogs.

Perhaps you should go back and read the article that I linked to. It even has a link in it that goes to a document from the USDA describing their contingency plan for a shutdown.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/09/28/some-food-aid-funneled-through-states-will-continue-if-the-government-shuts-down/

But here is another stating that Snap was only funded through October.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2013/1001/How-government-shutdown-affects-benefits-for-seniors-poor-jobless-veterans-video wrote:
Food stamps and nutrition assistance

Food stamps, or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), will not be interrupted by the shutdown. It’s funded through October by the 2009 Recovery Act. School lunches and breakfasts will continue to be served during October.

The program known as WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children) is in a tougher spot. No new funds will be available until a shutdown ends. Funds that states have on hand could “continue operations for a week or so,” the Agriculture Department says. The department’s own contingency funds would also help, but couldn’t cover the full month. 
Here is the full memorandum from the USDA.
http://www.ffis.org/sites/ffis.org/files/public/FNS_memo_on_November_issuances.pdf

I know you hate this president with all of your heart but your argument here is baseless.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 4:03 am

I posted this a while back, and will do so again. On 1 October 2013, President Obama sent this letter to every federal agency affected by the shut down. All of them had it posted on their websites, including the USDA. This was a VERY public letter from the President, and pointing at Congress and then the House.:

http://www.usda.gov/POTUS-letter.pdf

As you can clearly see, in his apology he tells the agencies it was Congress that shut the government down, and only the House could start it back up. All factual. Now if somebody would like to post an official response from Congress, the Senate or the House that refute these facts, please do.

The USDA shut down everything but meat, poultry and egg products safety inspections. This was due to a salmonella outbreak, and the fact the FDA had already shut down entirely. This was 8 October.

On 11 October, the USDA sends out a warning to the states about food stamps. This is because some states pay out as early as the 15th the month prior to the benefit being due. The Federal government pays out on the 1st and 15th of the month. Obviously nobody but Congress got paid on the 1st. Well nobody got paid on the 15th either. So if the state paid out anyway, I hope they had the money in advance. It had nothing to do with Obama.

The article that stated (listed) everything that would continue, is a load of rubbish. Had the issue not been resolved by the 17th, the US would have had only around $30 billion cash on hand. So where would all the money come from?

I'm all for holding Obama accountable for what he is responsible for. But stop making stuff up.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:34 am

Bandit wrote:
As you can clearly see, in his apology he tells the agencies it was Congress that shut the government down, and only the House could start it back up. All factual. Now if somebody would like to post an official response from Congress, the Senate or the House that refute these facts, please do.
That statement in itself is blatantly false.

Imperious Leader could have ended it on day 1, or prevented it altogether simply agreeing to stop trying to force his absurd health care plan upon us. If he had done so, the House would have signed off on the deal.

But, like the spoiled man-child he is, it's all about winning for him.

I am saddened to see that the Republicans did indeed eventually cave in. I was hoping for them to stand firm on the issue as well as the debt ceiling issue for however long it took. But their eventual caving wasn't a surprise. And I will hold my own representatives accountable at the voting booth at the first opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five days to Obamacare.    Five days to Obamacare.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Five days to Obamacare.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2