Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

The News MSM style....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

The News MSM style.... Empty
PostSubject: The News MSM style....   The News MSM style.... EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:33 pm

From what I understand, this is a small college that caters mostly to Korean immigrants, helping them learn English and train in various skills in order to help them get jobs. Apparently this guy decided to go to the college and start killing people because he got kicked out. I hope they fry his sorry @ss.

Quote :
California campus slayings suspect was upset with college, says police chief

Reuters

10:55 a.m. EDT, April 3, 2012

(Reuters) - The gunman who police suspect killed seven people and wounded three at a Christian college in Oakland, California, was upset with the school's administration and students over what he viewed was unfair treatment while he was enrolled there, the Oakland police chief said Tuesday.

Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan saidABC's "Good Morning America" that One Goh, 43, has been cooperating with investigators trying to piece together a motive for killings at Oikos University. It was the deadliest shooting rampage on a U.S. college campus since 32 people were killed at Virginia Tech University in April 2007.

"We've learned that the suspect was upset with the administration at the school," Jordan said. "He was also upset that students ... in the past when he attended the school, mistreated him, disrespected him and things of that nature.

"We've learned this was a very chaotic, calculated and determined gentleman that came there with specific intent to kill people," Jordan said.

Witnesses say Goh, a Korean-American who had recently been removed as a student from Oikos, returned to the small college on Monday morning, entered a reception area and opened fire. He then walked into one of two classes in session, telling former classmates to line up and that he was going to kill them.

Goh, who police say acted alone, surrendered at aSafeway grocery store several miles from the college, which has links to the Korean-American Christian community.

"He was having, we believe, some behavioral problems at the school and was asked to leave several months ago," Jordan said.

Police expect to deliver the results of their investigation to prosecutors, who will decide what charges to file, on Wednesday.

STUDENTS THOUGHT SHOOTER WAS JOKING

Paul Singh, whose 19-year-old sister Devinder Kaur was shot in the arm during Monday's rampage, told Reuters that according to his sister Goh had not been seen at the college in several months. When he burst into her classroom, he ordered the students to line up against a wall.

"'Get in line and I'm going to kill you all,' is what he said this morning, my sister told me. They thought he was joking at first,'" Singh said.

Tashi Wangchuk said his wife, Dechen Yangzom, 28, was in another classroom when she heard gunfire.

"Out of instinct, she locked the door and turned off the lights. Then the guy came and banged on the door and shot several rounds at the door and then he left," Wangchuk said. "The police said what she did was heroic."

The Oikos killings came just about a month after a student opened fire at a high school in Chardon, Ohio, killing three students and wounding two.

Images from localtelevision stations showed a chaotic scene at Oikos on Monday. Frightened students and staff ran from the school, located in a light industrial area near Oakland International Airport, as police and SWAT teams carrying assault rifles surrounded the area.

Oikos, which offers programs in theology, nursing, music andAsian medicine, describes itself on its website as having been started to provide the "highest standard education with Christian value and inspiration."

(Writing by Dan Burns; Additional reporting by Deborah Zabarenko, Dan Whitcomb, Mary Slosson, Emmett Berg and Ronnie Cohen; Editing by Bill Trott)

The News MSM style.... 600

*Disclaimer: Ok I posted about this story yesterday, but I changed it to say the gunman was a "White-Korean" instead of a Korean, and claimed he did it because the victims were black... when they to were Korean. My intent was to do with this story what the MSM did with the Trayvon Martin story.

However, as this is a real current story of people being murdered, I decided it was in bad taste for me to have done that. Besides which I'm not sure anybody 'got' my point anyway. So, here is the story without the MSM style race bait tampering.

Last edited by eber322 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

The News MSM style.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The News MSM style....   The News MSM style.... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:57 am

I have not seen this on any news stories.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com

The News MSM style....
Page 1 of 1