Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.

Go down 
+2
Skycastle
YawnGG
6 posters
AuthorMessage
YawnGG

YawnGG

Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. Empty
PostSubject: Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.   Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 4:59 am

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/07/05/ten-years-after-decriminalization-drug-abuse-down-by-half-in-portugal/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/EducatedAmerica
Skycastle

Skycastle

Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.   Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Very good article! Now if only we could get the Republicans to open their eyes and see the benefit here, things could really improve in our law-ravaged land.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.   Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:14 am

You mean the Republicans that said those states that DO have legalized marijuana that they are gonna pay because it is still against FEDERAL LAW? Oh wait, that was the DEMOCRAT PRES that said and then DID that, wasn't it? :suspect:
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.   Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:16 am

But I do agree in principle, their are too many laws about drugs that do nothing but keep people in true need in PRISON and the pockets of the legislative FAT!!!
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.   Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:58 pm

Walterth3rd wrote:
You mean the Republicans that said those states that DO have legalized marijuana that they are gonna pay because it is still against FEDERAL LAW? Oh wait, that was the DEMOCRAT PRES that said and then DID that, wasn't it?

But I do agree in principle, their are too many laws about drugs that do nothing but keep people in true need in PRISON and the pockets of the legislative FAT!!!
Most Republicans I know support the drug war - that's what I meant. In general, far more Republicans support the drug war than do Democrats.

And all federal drug laws are unconstitutional under the vested powers clause and the 9th & 10th Amendments. The drug laws are more about giving the government power and control than about protecting anyone.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.   Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:51 pm

I don't support the war on drugs. I think all drugs should be legalized. The saving from law enforcement and the taxes would be worth it.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.   Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Since when has the governments of THIS country wanted to REALLY save money?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.   Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Walterth3rd wrote:
Since when has the governments of THIS country wanted to REALLY save money?
Before Roosevelt.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.   Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:47 pm

In a vacuum, I would support legalization of drugs; you want to frak yourself up, have at it. But we don't live in a vacuum.

How many people already use alcohol & drug addiction/addlement as their on-ramps to the social services benefits free-ride ways as is? How many leeches are we taxpayers supporting because their substance abuse problems prevent them from being employable?

We simply cannot afford to open another on-ramp to the free ride superhighway.
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.   Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:05 pm

Another reason to eliminate the highway, Ron Paul is a complete package.:)
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.   Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Annoyed wrote:
In a vacuum, I would support legalization of drugs; But we don't live in a vacuum. How many people already use alcohol & drug addiction/addlement as their on-ramps to the social services benefits free-ride ways as is? How many leeches are we taxpayers supporting because their substance abuse problems prevent them from being employable?We simply cannot afford to open another on-ramp to the free ride superhighway.
We already had this discussion a while ago (anyone remember where?). The cost to catch, prosecute and incarcerate drug offenders is huge - larger than what it would cost to help them. Plus the drug war gives government more power over our lives, including power to invade our financial privacy and snoop on our bank accounts. That needs to end. And since legalizing drugs reduced Portugal's addict population by half, it's a win-win situation for freedom-lovers.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.   Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:49 pm

We already help people addicted to illegal drugs anyway. If they come forward and ask for help they can't even be fired and they get all the free help and whatnot. That's happeneing already.
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.   Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:08 am

eber322 wrote:
We already help people addicted to illegal drugs anyway. If they come forward and ask for help they can't even be fired and they get all the free help and whatnot. That's happeneing already.

I think you are mis understanding the mind of a true drug addict, they aren't going to come fourth and ask for help for the most part. We are also locking up way more then helping. Also when it comes to help in America they spew the same propaganda our government does which is going to destroy the addicts faith in that organization. I had to suffer through outpatient rehab one time for a crime I didn't commit that allegedly took place at a time I was totally sober. No drugs were ever found either. Had to wait 9+ months for my court date just to then be released due to zero evidence. Everytime I went in there I just made a mockery of the entire thing, hehe. I also refuse to pay my bill!:)
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.   Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Point being that making drugs legal isn't going to lead more people to use them as "on-ramps to the social services benefits", since they can already do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.   Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate. Empty

Back to top Go down

Portugal legalized all drugs ten years ago. It now has half the addiction rate.
Page 1 of 1