Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Health care Debate.

Go down 
+10
YawnGG
MrGB
AzaliaRazor
Coyote-Loco
Walterth3rd
steve2112
eber322
ford plasko
TRUE LIBERTY
Pissedoffvulcan
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Health care Debate. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:37 pm

ford plasko wrote:
Did I mention something about freebies? Well guess who is exempt from the Healthcare bill, that's right the Amish,for religious reasons.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20100109/NEWS02/301099964

In the end WHO do you think is going to pay for this? That's right,middle class working families with no affiliations with any group that politicians think is important to their reelection. Meanwhile they keep the average middle class person feeling either powerless or out of the mainstream.
Chucky Schmucker but that in there. There is more then just one religious group.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 9:07 pm

ford plasko wrote:
Did I mention something about freebies? Well guess who is exempt from the Healthcare bill, that's right the Amish,for religious reasons.

Yeah, but the Amish don't use medical services to begin with. It is against their religion. They are also exempt from draft registration for the same reason. That why I always wonder about the draft dodgers back in Nam, why didn't they just claim religion instead of running to Canada?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 9:22 pm

eber322 wrote:
ford plasko wrote:

Yeah, but the Amish don't use medical services to begin with. It is against their religion. They are also exempt from draft registration for the same reason. That why I always wonder about the draft dodgers back in Nam, why didn't they just claim religion instead of running to Canada?
That is not entirely true. Amish have used medical services in the past. I know several that have. The pup we bought off of some Amish from Maryland used doctors.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
That is not entirely true. Amish have used medical services in the past. I know several that have. The pup we bought off of some Amish from Maryland used doctors.

Yeah I was wrong about that. They try home remedies first, but will go to doctors and hospitals if they have too. The real issue is that they won't use insurance or medical plans. It's part of their religion not to accept welfare or public assistance from outside their Amish community. They go by...

Quote :
Perhaps the most distinctive belief of the Amish is reflected in the Bible verse "Be ye not conformed to the world," meaning that one should separate oneself in one's appearance and practices from the mainstream of society, conforming instead as well as possible to Biblical tradition. So, for example, the Amish do not collect social security, unemployment insurance, or welfare. Instead, each Amish community makes sure that everyone's needs are taken care of.

So, it would be against their religious practices to take part in Obamacare.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 12:27 pm

The unions are now seeking exemption from the Cadillac tax. There goes more of the revenue that was supposed to fund this fiasco. Any bets on who will be next?
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NjZlYzRkNDc2MjkwNTEwM2Q3NTNjNTY0NzZmYWUwOGI=
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: I am TIRED....   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 3:23 pm

of hearing about 'why this country can't be like other countries and have universal healthcare'? My ONE question is this: of those other countries (Afghanistan*, Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Cuba, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iraq*, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Oman, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Ukraine and the United Kingdom) how many of these are countries with 50+ mini governments that also want their 'local' laws upheld? I'll tell you, NOT A SINGLE ONE! So when 'we' yell for a 'Universal Healthcare' shouldn't the first step be to dissolve each states borders, have a single NATIONAL identification for every citizen, dissolve every state law and make them all FEDERAL laws. Oh, and by the way, DISSOLVE THE US CONSTITUTION! Actually, we wouldn't have to go that far, but NOT to do this makes it that much more difficult to get a 'Universal Healthcare', wouldn't it?
Oh right, even without 'Universal Health care' ANY person can still go to ANY emergency room and ask for help. If one of us calls 911 the ambulance won't check for insurance first, they take CARE of you! Furthermore, the last time I went to an emergency room and didn't have insurance (or money, my first wife and I had split up and I lived nowhere near my family) I wasn't asked to prove who I was, where I lived or ANYTHING! In fact, I even got my prescription meds filled before I left. Bad, I know, but it can be done (who says illegals are driving up the price of health care? It isn't hard if you are unwell and your honesty takes a vacation briefly. Hey, things happen.
Anyway, I don't want to hear another word comparing OTHER countries are doing it so why can't we do it? That truly makes about as much sense as 'Other countries have dictatorships, so why couldn't we do it?' Or, even MORE likely, 'Other countries are COMMUNISTS so why can't WE do it?' Please, we are literally too big a country for this to happen over hear!
Oh, and by the way, our neighbors to the North (Canada) sales more OIL to pay for THEIR UHC! So since THEY do it, shouldn't WE do it as well? I do know we have LOT'S of untapped oil fields all around our country! Hey, even if it is only until we actually found a good alternative energy source, if it goes to paying for the health care, isn't THAT worth it? isn't it? :face:
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Great post! I feel its something you were really wanting to get off your chest.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: What does Obama mean?   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:49 am

What does Obama mean when he says republicans need to work with democrats on health care? I will tell what he means. He means that for the republicans to sit down and shut up. To reject there principles. How come the democrats do not have to compromise? Why is it always the republicans?
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 7:44 am

It was a big mistake for Obama to go to the GOP summit I think it was called? It fantastic he got interuputed all the time during his speach when he was not telling the truth. I just love the fact he keeps screwing up everytime he speaks without a teleprompter. I used to think he was just a intelligent idiot. But im know convinced he is a plain all around idiot.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:18 pm

The problem for Obama is not the Republicans but the Democrats also.Iknow the administration and the media keep up the line that Republicans are blocking health care,the Dems have the majority.Now even the states are getting into the act passing laws making it illegal for the Feds to mandate health insurance to their citizens.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/01/AR2010020103674.html
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:21 pm

Should the republicans go to Obamas health care summit? I think it is a trap because if nothing comes of it he will just claim they do not want to work with me.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:53 pm

We are on the eve of the most drastic health care change in America. And the sad truth is it does nothing to fix health care nothing notta. Not only that despite what you have heard it will add to the record deficits. This is about control don't believe me you should watch Joe Bidens interview.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:02 pm

It's a sad day in this country,but I'm still hopeful people will wake up and vote this bunch out of office.
Your so right vulcan it is all about control,control of taxes and control of our lives.
I loved seeing this article about Caterpillar.Yeah that's the same Caterpillar Corp. that Obama was at and talked on how they were going to hire back all those workers that got laid off.
http://www.chicagobreakingbusiness.com/2010/03/caterpillar-health-care-bill-would-cost-it-100m.html
You think they will be hiring anytime soon? :pale:
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:53 am

I have flipped my vote on Health Care. They are going to make Tri Care better so now there will be 3 classes of citizens. Congress the high class. Military with Tricare the lower high class. Then the rest of you peasants low class.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 5:42 pm

For what it's worth.
http://biggovernment.com/kdlee/2010/04/02/liberty-in-action-first-private-lawsuit-challenging-obamacare-filed-in-mississippi/#more-100490
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:32 pm

That's great I think this guy has a chance to win looks like a great argument.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:03 am

So now the government is pulling every company that is exposing this healthcare crap bill in front of them. Getting them to try and open there books. I hope the companies stand up and tell those congressmen to go to hell. Why the hell would you do any business in America just to get criticized by this shithead president. We are turning into a third world country. I see it and everyone else sees it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Government say no to moms Surgery.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:36 pm

woman battling a cancer battle was dealt a surprise blow by Uncle Sam this month.

Diana Smith has gone through six months of radiation and chemotherapy -- one week out of every month. She is in remission and had a donor for a transplant; being in remission is prerequisite for the transplant.

But her hopes of receiving the transplant were dashed in March, when she says, the Social Security Administration contacted her –without her soliciting it -- and told her that her three year-old son was entitled to receive Social Security disability payments. Even though she didn't ask for it, she signed the form and received her son's first check check.

In April, Medicaid canceled her universal health care policy because her income level had risen with her son's payments – making her ineligible for the insurance program.

The problem is Jackson Memorial Hospital cannot provide the procedure because the risk is too high. The universal policy from Medicaid helps shield the hospital from liability in this kind of case. Without it, they are subject to liability issues.

Even though Smith offered to cancel her son's disability benefits, she was told it's too late.

"She's gone through six months worth of radiation and chemo, her body can't take anymore. If they don't allow her to have this transplant coming up right now next week, they're in effect signing her death warrant," said her friend Tom Noonan.

"I want to live to see my son grow up and get on with my life," Smith told CBS4's Ted Scouten.

As a result of the WFOR CBS 4 report, State Sen. Dave Aronberg is prepared to take action over the weekend. Social Security officials are also looking into the case to make the surgery happen on Tuesday as had been planned.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:04 pm

Ya gotta love this.
The economic report released last week by Health and Human Services, which indicated that President Barack Obama's health care "reform" law would actually increase the cost of health care and impose higher costs on consumers, had been submitted to the office of HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius more than a week before the Congressional votes on the bill, according to career HHS sources, who added that Sebelius's staff refused to review the document before the vote was taken.
"The reason we were given was that they did not want to influence the vote," says an HHS source. "Which is actually the point of having a review like this, you would think."

http://spectator.org/archives/2010/04/26/what-lies-beneath
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:01 pm

I heard something about this now that I read it. Man what a job they pulled on the American people.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:10 pm

It is worse then you know now the government wants to control everything you eat.
http://www.helium.com/items/1833311-why-the-federal-government-wants-to-control-what-you-eat
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 3:19 pm

Wonder if he could run for CA and be BOTH state governors?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 3:58 pm

You need to read this. He calls Obama a flat out liar and backs it up.

And this is what happens when a politician is presented with the facts.
Back to top Go down
Coyote-Loco

Coyote-Loco

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:21 pm

I do recall it being said that this health care fiasco will insure something like 34 million uninsured people, my question is, How many of them will be illegal aliens and why should I have to pay for them? For that matters, there are such a thing as free clinics and they will most likely be far better than any government run anything!
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Coyote-Loco wrote:
I do recall it being said that this health care fiasco will insure something like 34 million uninsured people, my question is, How many of them will be illegal aliens and why should I have to pay for them? For that matters, there are such a thing as free clinics and they will most likely be far better than any government run anything!

Yes since its more like 15 million Americans uninsured. So im betting the rest in that 34 million are illegal. If this health care nightmare is not gotten rid off its all down hill demise from here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Health care Debate.   Health care Debate. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Health care Debate.
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next