Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Stampede in America.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Stampede in America.  Empty
PostSubject: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 10:50 am

Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:22 am

A sign of just how bad our economy is. And Obama is threatening not to send out SS checks next month if congress doesn't role over and give him more borrowed money. That will be real great when old people and disabled people on fixed income can't pay their rent.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:22 pm

eber322 wrote:
A sign of just how bad our economy is. And Obama is threatening not to send out SS checks next month if congress doesn't role over and give him more borrowed money. That will be real great when old people and disabled people on fixed income can't pay their rent.
You know Eber this will directly effect me. My wife gets SS and I get retirement check from the Navy. However I would sacrifice it for a few months to see the republicans do the right thing.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:27 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
However I would sacrifice it for a few months to see the republicans do the right thing.

Sure, if you can afford to sacrifice it. But to many, most, of the people on SS are living check to check. The F'd up thing is that if they'd stop giving money to foreign countries, there would be plenty of money for all the other spending. Half the damn world is on US welfare. Entire countries like Israel get 90% of their yearly income from us.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:57 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
However I would sacrifice it for a few months to see the republicans do the right thing.

Sure, if you can afford to sacrifice it. But to many, most, of the people on SS are living check to check. The F'd up thing is that if they'd stop giving money to foreign countries, there would be plenty of money for all the other spending. Half the damn world is on US welfare. Entire countries like Israel get 90% of their yearly income from us.
Israel I believe it is not that much. They have a very good economy. They do sell stuff all over the med and have a very lucrative diamond business.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:53 am

Quote :
“Since the October War in 1973, Washington has provided Israel with a level of support dwarfing the amounts provided to any other state. It has been the largest annual recipient of direct U.S. economic and military assistance since 1976 and the largest total recipient since World War ll.

Total direct U.S. aid to Israel amounts to well over $140 billion in 2003 dollars. Israel receives about $3 billion in direct foreign assistance each year, which is roughly one-fifth of America's entire foreign aid budget. In per capita terms, the United States gives each Israeli a direct subsidy worth about $500 per year. This largesse is especially striking when one realizes that Israel is now a wealthy industrial state with a per capita income roughly equal to South Korea or Spain.”
http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/usaid.html

And this is from a 2003 article, so you know the amount is a lot higher now. 1/5th of our foreign aid goes to Israel each year, and as you pointed out, they don't even need it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:36 pm

To tell you the truth Eber I would rather that money go to Israel then Palestine, Egypt or the Libyan rebels.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 7:09 pm

I also would prefer sending the money to Israel, but that is more from my RELIGIOUS POV rather than an economic POV. I think our country WILL be better off SUPPORTING the country of GOD'S people rather than turning AGAINST them, eh?
Of course, I AM a conservative WAR MONGER, ain't I?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Walterth3rd wrote:
I also would prefer sending the money to Israel, but that is more from my RELIGIOUS POV rather than an economic POV. I think our country WILL be better off SUPPORTING the country of GOD'S people rather than turning AGAINST them, eh?
Of course, I AM a conservative WAR MONGER, ain't I?
LOL You check out the guy telling congress to back off?
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Of course there are worse places to spend it. But the point is, they shouldn't be spending it at all. That's 16 billion a year that could be better spent right here than on foreign welfare.

BTW, I have nothing against the Jewish people or religion, but the country of Israel is no friend to us. They have outright attacked the US on more than one occasion and they cause as many problems in the Middle East as the Muslim countries do. They don't deserve our help.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:12 pm

eber322 wrote:
Of course there are worse places to spend it. But the point is, they shouldn't be spending it at all. That's 16 billion a year that could be better spent right here than on foreign welfare.

BTW, I have nothing against the Jewish people or religion, but the country of Israel is no friend to us. They have outright attacked the US on more than one occasion and they cause as many problems in the Middle East as the Muslim countries do. They don't deserve our help.
I have been to Israel 3 times. I love the place I will never abandoned them. As far as causing as many problems. No way Israel has given up a lot for peace yet the Muslims still want more.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:10 am

I don't know how a retired Navy man can support a country that attacked an unarmed Naval research vessel without provocation in international waters and killed 34 men and wounded 170. Not to mention how they attacked an unarmed relief ship in international waters and killed a bunch of Americans.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:57 pm

eber322 wrote:
I don't know how a retired Navy man can support a country that attacked an unarmed Naval research vessel without provocation in international waters and killed 34 men and wounded 170. Not to mention how they attacked an unarmed relief ship in international waters and killed a bunch of Americans.
This is nothing new in history. We have been attacked accidentally and on purpose many times. Iraq did it when we were allies. However Israel has always been our ally. Without Israel the middle east is doomed. Yes I give Israel more slack however by in large they always support us.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:23 pm

Any country that purposely attacks our Navy in an attempt to deceive us into fighting their enemy isn't an ally.

They purposely attacked the USS Liberty using unmarked planes, ignored the US flag the ship was flying while blocking the radio frequencies the Navy used to keep them from send an SOS. They attempted to make us think that Egypt did it, but their plan failed when they weren't able to stop them sending for help or sink the ship. As it was we were minutes away from nuking Cairo before Johnson and his people called the planes back.

They came less than five minutes away from causing us to start WWIII. And they did it all by lying, killing, and attacking us. Israel is no ally, never has been. All they do is use us.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:09 pm

I support Israel also. But would rather see all foreign aid stop to all countries period. If anything when the middle east realizes there is no more handouts and its on there own without American inteference it will do much better for both sides to start peace in one form or another.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stampede in America.    Stampede in America.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Stampede in America.
Page 1 of 1