Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

MORE reason welfare is a bad thing...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

MORE reason welfare is a bad thing... Empty
PostSubject: MORE reason welfare is a bad thing...   MORE reason welfare is a bad thing... EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 12:29 pm

I admit it, this is just an opinion from an ex social worker in Southern California, but I give it weight because this opinion was the same thing I heard from my mom when she was a social worker and when she was a prison guard. So take it for what it is, not trying to write a Whitepaper here, or go for a doctorate or get a Nobel or nothing, just stating what it is.

A little background; this statement followed a subject I posted about Christmas wishes and people should stop asking for something for themselves but should ask for help for others in lesser situations. Eventually, though many came up with suggesting asking for cures and what not. But then ONE guy suggested welfare recipients be sterilized because he sees them in line for free toys while talking on their Blackberries, iPhones and driving their SUVs with the spinning rims! Or the same in a food give away, but big and surrounded by kids and talking on a cell phone.

At first myself and others said this was too much a blanket statement, and we said so, but then, someone wrote this---->

.....I actually used to work for the welfare dept down in SanBernardino, and ourfraud investigators used to wait in the parking lot so as to catch all the people getting out of nice cars, take off jewelry and put on crappy clothing...that... dept worked overtime when other depts were asking folks to stay well within regular hours...while you may think its a small exception, you have no idea how many calls i used to get about "what if i have a car? am i uneligible? do you have a car? of course i dont " and then come to find out they had 2 and didnt report it because they would have to claim them, i worked with generations of recipients who never worked and never wanted to they just wanted to have babies and get more free money...the percentage of people who were using welfare as a quick life saver to get back on their feet was well below the 10% we were hoping for at the time, we had statisticians who would tell us how many people went on and then got jobs vs the folks who got on welfare and stayed past a year, it was unfortunately staggering the number of people who just sat on their asses "collecting free money"--yes, i am still hugely ashamed of them
Back to top Go down
Locomoco

Locomoco

PostSubject: Re: MORE reason welfare is a bad thing...   MORE reason welfare is a bad thing... EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 2:40 pm

You wanna get pissed? Hear it straight from an arrogant illegal immigrant's mouth. Someone who NEVER paid into the benefits she currently enjoys. Gets welfare, gets disability checks, lives in public housing.. Some of the best comments below:

"If I come, as an immigrant (notice there is NO distinction between legal or illegal immigrants in her confused reasoning), YOU have the OBLIGATION .. to make me a citizen.."

(Interviewer: What does the United States owe you?)
"Nothing. And I owe them nothing."

(Interviewer: But it's given you SO much..)
"SO?? It's a.. free country. A country 'under God'.. "

(By hear messed up reasonings, her blessings come from God. So the American people are not really to be praised for *anything* you see. We were just the vessel for God's grace that she enjoys. evil )

Btw... maybe I forget to mention this: She's Barak Obama's aunt from Kenya who came to ths country illegally decades and decades ago. The infamous 'Auntie Z' asked by the Fed gov't to leave the country twice after being identified as illegal but recently the heat has been taken off her since uh... her nephew became prez....

Part 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHoAuk76fT8

Part 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xeCsGrnudc&feature=related

Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: MORE reason welfare is a bad thing...   MORE reason welfare is a bad thing... EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 4:21 pm

My wife goes in front of the judge for disability I think I will print this story out. You have any news sources on this?
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Locomoco

Locomoco

PostSubject: Re: MORE reason welfare is a bad thing...   MORE reason welfare is a bad thing... EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:57 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
My wife goes in front of the judge for disability I think I will print this story out. You have any news sources on this?

The youtube links is to a news program interviewing her, but here is additional info:

Here is her wikipedia entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeituni_Onyango

Here's another article from ABC news on her interview:
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/wireStory?id=11690106&tqkw=&tqshow=

Here's a BBC News article on her finally winning asylum in May of this year (yay, thank you nephew Barack) which brought her more coverage:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8688449.stm

Hope your wife's disability hearing goes fine. We need to kick out all these no-paying leeches and send them back to their countries of origin. We have too many entitlements in this country but I'd rather they go to american citizens solely.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: MORE reason welfare is a bad thing...   MORE reason welfare is a bad thing... EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 7:45 am

Well it is just messed up when an illegal can get this stuff but when an American citizen can't something is very wrong with America. We do not expect to get anything but we have been told so many stories we just want a straight answer.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MORE reason welfare is a bad thing...   MORE reason welfare is a bad thing... Empty

Back to top Go down

MORE reason welfare is a bad thing...
Page 1 of 1