Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community Empty
PostSubject: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 11:26 am

Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community?

More self-identified gay voters chose the GOP in the midterm elections than in previously recorded totals, according to a CNN exit poll.

Last edited by Pissedoffvulcan on Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:22 pm

Ive noticed and wondered the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:37 pm

I've BEEN saying that, but you know me, I'm the 'Uncle Tom' member of the family that LIKES working for 'the man'. But my family (not immediate, I mean aunts, uncles, cousins) are slowly coming around after TWENTY YEARS of me telling them.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:37 am

Walterth3rd wrote:
I've BEEN saying that, but you know me, I'm the 'Uncle Tom' member of the family that LIKES working for 'the man'. But my family (not immediate, I mean aunts, uncles, cousins) are slowly coming around after TWENTY YEARS of me telling them. <le sigh>

Wondering just how uncomfortable around your family jts been about the subject. Or is it down right anger towards you as to how you could think and vote that way. Just curious how the family treats you on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:01 am

ssvs04 wrote:
Walterth3rd wrote:
I've BEEN saying that, but you know me, I'm the 'Uncle Tom' member of the family that LIKES working for 'the man'. But my family (not immediate, I mean aunts, uncles, cousins) are slowly coming around after TWENTY YEARS of me telling them. <le sigh>

Wondering just how uncomfortable around your family jts been about the subject. Or is it down right anger towards you as to how you could think and vote that way. Just curious how the family treats you on the matter.
I would like to know the same thing. I just wonder if you have the slightest progress. Some people you just cannot convince if they say the water is pink and it is red they will just say it is pink. Until something personal happens to them maybe then they will change there minds.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:32 pm

Well, when I first left work and was put on disability, I went back to school to become qualified for a desk job, while my immediate family was behind that completely, I heard from a host of aunts asking why would I WANT to work, the government would 'take care' of me! They said I was 'owed' that money for how the government had historically treated us and it was stupid of me to want to work again when I did not have to.
These are the same part of my family that didn't understand why I chose NOT to get in on the Denny's 'pay-out' for what had happened IN ANOTHER STATE! MY Denny's had NEVER asked me to pay first, NOR had given me anything less than great service. When I explained that aside from how UN-ethical it would be to claim this FREE meal when no damage was EVER done to ANY of them personally) I asked, they also never had any problems with Denny's) it would only hurt the employees of that company in the long run.
Again, I was told I should not 'hang out with Whites' so much and see the reality.

Whatever, I know what I know and living on the teat of the Government FOR DOING NOTHING is NOT how I was raised.

Probably why, at 38, I was the FIRST person in my ENTIRE family to get a college degree, and am now the ONLY one even close to a SECOND masters degree.

It is sad, but it is life, a life I choose not to let affect me.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Well your father must of raised you very well.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 4:43 pm

I'll be honest, it was more my MOM whose teaching gave me my attitude!
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Well cudos to your mom.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Well cudos to your mom.
:lol:

Of course NOW I have to CALL her and TELL her you said SHE did a good job raising me! DANG IT!!! :geek: :lol!:
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Now I feel like calling my mom also. :D
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 4:20 pm

I would call my mom but she has passed.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 11:36 pm

I call my mom names everyday. I really envy all you have mothers who aren't five dollar crack whores. 😢
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:47 am

Sorry to hear that, eber322. I will pray for her healing
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Thanks Walter. And I apologize everybody for even bringing it up. I usually never mention it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Same here I will pray for her to get better.
Back to top Go down
Bad Chaz

Bad Chaz

PostSubject: African Americans Do get "it"   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:09 pm

I know I'm late on this, but why does everyone expect Black people to be a monolithic group? Just cause Obama carried 91% of the Black vote in 2008, does not mean we don't have other issues that we care about.

This year, in the Midterm Election, there were 32 African Americans that ran on the Republican ticket. Most in modern history. Doesn't mean they were smarter or better candidates. Just Republicans.

As a Black guy that has been discriminated against by Denny's in the past in Dallas, and the first in my family to go to college, get a Bachelors & Masters, I think I get it.

@ Walter - No, I didn't go take advantage of Denny's free food. I will NEVER eat there and when asked, will NEVER support that establishment with my money.

I have been working since I was 16 (really 14, but was getting paid under the table) paying into "the Gov't" and I don't think anything is free. BUT, after working 19 years off and on (off the 5 yrs I played college ball & was on scholarship), I recently got 20 weeks of unemployment then got cut off.

I think I am owed more than weeks of unemployment assistance until I find another gig OR I should be able to access the Social Security that I have paid into for all these years.

Either way, I consider it a return on my investment, not a handout!!! As for crackheads, moral degenerates, and concentrated poverty, I have 8 brothers & sisters, 3 of which are crackheads, 4 of which are revolving-door criminals or ex-cons, 2 of which have not worked in over 20 years, and since its the holidays......I've got a Partridge in a damn Pear tree!! Fa la la la la, la la la la..... :0)
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:20 pm

Quote :
@ Walter - No, I didn't go take advantage of Denny's free food. I will NEVER eat there and when asked, will NEVER support that establishment with my money.
I hate Denny's to. Just because they have bad service and bad food.

Quote :
I think I am owed more than weeks of unemployment assistance until I find another gig OR I should be able to access the Social Security that I have paid into for all these years.
I do not think you will get any argument from anyone here on that. Good thing is you never stopped looking for work. I have only collected unemployment 2 times in my life. When I retired from the Navy and when I quit one job. Both times I was only on it for 2 weeks. I think no one complains about people on unemployment just the ones that do not look for work.

Sorry about your brothers hope they find away to straighten there lives out.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:55 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Quote :
I hate Denny's to. Just because they have bad service and bad food.

Quote :
I do not think you will get any argument from anyone here on that. Good thing is you never stopped looking for work. I have only collected unemployment 2 times in my life. When I retired from the Navy and when I quit one job. Both times I was only on it for 2 weeks. I think no one complains about people on unemployment just the ones that do not look for work.

Sorry about your brothers hope they find away to straighten there lives out.

No arguement from me about that. Just dont trust the government to make sure it their for me when I need it. And the people who actually deserve what they paid into are the only ones touching that money.

Stopped going to Dennys for many years after the treated the Black Secret agents badly. But went back a few times after I thought they learned thier lessons on that matter.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:39 am

So much for government taking care of people. My wife is 100 percent disabled but because I make just over 32k a year she cannot get any SSI. Basically the government just told us a BIG F*(#&(*#%^*(%#^(&^#^#^CK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Only way she can get any thing is if we get divorced.
Back to top Go down
Bad Chaz

Bad Chaz

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
My wife is 100 percent disabled but because I make just over 32k a year she cannot get any SSI. ..... Only way she can get any thing is if we get divorced.

Sorry to hear about that. Being from Dallas, I have a couple of friends that had to divorced to protect their families from certain situations. One guy transferred their house and assets in his wife's name prior to filing bankruptcy, so as to keep their family home protected.

I'm a pragmatist. I have a cousin that was in your exact situation about 10 years ago. They got a "no-fault" divorce that they filed themselves. It cost $35.00. She got her benefits and they stayed together. It isn't something they let everyone know about, but the family knew why and supported it fully. People separate and get back together everyday in this country. (Hint, hint)

My advice to you is to do what you need to do to obtain your wife's benefits. You're a taxpayer. Although I believe in government, I don't believe that people should be restricted from the benefits they've earned.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:39 pm

Oh Chaz it is even worst then that she was injured on the job and now Workers comp is going to cut her off of her meds cold turkey. This is why I do not trust the government to run any thing.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
So much for government taking care of people. My wife is 100 percent disabled but because I make just over 32k a year she cannot get any SSI. Basically the government just told us a BIG F*(#&(*#%^*(%#^(&^#^#^CK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Only way she can get any thing is if we get divorced.

'Funny' MY state worker told me the SAME THING! I think she was hitting on me though. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN even IF I was SINGLE, DRUNK, HIGH, AND on PCP! :x

Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Never fear government is here to f!?! you! But dont worry they will continue to be happy and give you the shaft by taking to much out of your hard earned money from your paycheck. Government is molesting Americans figuratively and now literally.

Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:19 pm

Walterth3rd wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

'Funny' MY state worker told me the SAME THING! I think she was hitting on me though. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN even IF I was SINGLE, DRUNK, HIGH, AND on PCP! :x

So what did you do? I really need to know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community   Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community Empty

Back to top Go down

Gays are getting it Hispanics are getting it why not the American African community
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next