Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

The Votes in. US and State results.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

The Votes in. US and State results. Empty
PostSubject: The Votes in. US and State results.   The Votes in. US and State results. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:18 pm

They're calling it in Michigan even though there is only about %55 of the votes in. Results so far...

DEMS......................................................................................................REPS
US House 144 seats..............................................................................210 seats
US Senate 50*(inclds two independents who caucus with Dems).................46 seats

MI Governor 39% Bernero.....................................................................59% Snyder

Reps took over the House. Fell short of taking the Senate but closed the gap to almost a tie.

Last edited by eber322 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:28 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The Votes in. US and State results.   The Votes in. US and State results. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Reps took over the MI Governorship.

Rep Ruth Johnson won SOS. They are saying the Reps took control of the Michigan Supreme court. Rep Bill Schuette won Attorney General.

That's a hell of a Republican outcome for this predominantly liberal state. If this happened here, I'm sure it will be even further to the right for less extremely liberal states.

Quote :
“If the trend continues, it’s a Republican riptide that is stretching across Michigan, Schuette said. “People are fed up with the failure of the last eight years and the excesses of the Obama administration. I think it’s a perfect storm for Michigan.”
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The Votes in. US and State results.   The Votes in. US and State results. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:55 pm

Looks like the Dems will hold the Senate with a slight majority. That just means it will be even less likely that anything will get done. Dem Pres, Rep House, Dem Senate at nearly a tie... looks like a stalemate situation once again.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The Votes in. US and State results.   The Votes in. US and State results. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Lol. Ok , I changed the title on this three times now. I started out calling it Michigan results, then I changed US and Michigan results after talking about the House and Senate more than my state. Now it occurs to me that there's no reason others can't post their states results here as well. So whatever voting results you want to talk about, feel free! :)
Back to top Go down
steve2112

steve2112

PostSubject: Re: The Votes in. US and State results.   The Votes in. US and State results. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 3:24 pm

My local congressmen was already a republican. He held out and is still there. Most incumbents won here in Jersey. Only one I know of that won was John Freakin Runyan, the Eagles football player. He won as a Republican over the Dem incumbent.

I think this is going to make these next 2 years very interesting. but I wonder how fast Washington will corrupt those with even the best of intentions.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The Votes in. US and State results.   The Votes in. US and State results. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 4:18 pm

Only 2 republicans congressmen lost. So much for anti incumbent year.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Votes in. US and State results.   The Votes in. US and State results. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Votes in. US and State results.
Page 1 of 1