Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Tomorrow's Midterm Election

Go down 
+3
TRUE LIBERTY
Walterth3rd
Bad Chaz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bad Chaz

Bad Chaz

Tomorrow's Midterm Election Empty
PostSubject: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:36 pm

Question: If the Repubs win the majority back in Congress tomorrow, are they getting rewarded for Bad behavior?

Put another away, if Dems refuse to participate in every committee hearing, demand equal input on every decision, insist on pork, earmarks, & sweetners to make every bill unpalatable---then vote unanimously against it, and refuse to help solve any of the MAJOR problems facing the country, will they be rewarded with a landslide election prediction in 2012?
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:39 am

Hmmm, yes? I think IF the Demos had actually NOT closed off sessions like they said they wouldn't, have actually LISTENED to ideas from across the aisle on the Healthcare reform, we might be in a different place. But hey, we'll never know, will we?
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:03 am

If the Republicans go in and start doing the exact same things the democrats have done for the last two years in terms of arm twisting, pork, ear marks, and illegal deals such as passing health care. Its going to be another huge seat change for 2012. People expect this new group of Tea Party Republicans to actually for the first time do what they actually run on. And Americans are self educating and awake now and paying attention and will accept nothing less then what they promised.

But when I get home this election should be better then the Super Bowl. I got my Steak, locally brewed beer and popcorn ready for tonight's blood bath.
Tomorrow's Midterm Election P68227340-3

Tomorrow's Midterm Election P517327672-4
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:27 pm

That's a NICE looking steak, you got there! ;)
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:25 pm

ssvs04 wrote:
If the Republicans go in and start doing the exact same things the democrats have done for the last two years in terms of arm twisting, pork, ear marks, and illegal deals such as passing health care. Its going to be another huge seat change for 2012. People expect this new group of Tea Party Republicans to actually for the first time do what they actually run on. And Americans are self educating and awake now and paying attention and will accept nothing less then what they promised.

But when I get home this election should be better then the Super Bowl. I got my Steak, locally brewed beer and popcorn ready for tonight's blood bath.
Tomorrow's Midterm Election P68227340-3

Tomorrow's Midterm Election P517327672-4
The republicans are on parole. Now what Chaz said is true of what the democrats have done. They locked out the republicans in the committees and the democrats paid for it. Republicans acted like democrats when they were in charge and that is why they got kicked out.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:27 pm

It's true. There's barely any difference between the parties at all. All it really amounts to is the different lies they tell to get elected, and the different programs they push to keep power. When in reality the top people all want the same things... the Constitution thrown out, people with no rights, and a One World Government.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:38 pm

Now lets hope after tonight the Republicans stick to their guns just like the Democrats have did. No compromises! No crossing the isle! The liberals dont ever do it and Conservatives shouldnt ever do it either.

Can anyone feel that tingle yet! LOL!
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:52 pm

What POV said. Republicans are on parole.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:40 pm

eber322 wrote:
It's true. There's barely any difference between the parties at all. All it really amounts to is the different lies they tell to get elected, and the different programs they push to keep power. When in reality the top people all want the same things... the Constitution thrown out, people with no rights, and a One World Government.
I would say that when they got kicked out. This new brand of republicans the jury is out. I think while Obama is in office they will act like conservatives.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:03 pm

Well, I battled my way through the throngs of lost people, hid from the po-pos, and managed to sneak through on a fake ID, where I cast MY vote (I switched to my REAL ID at this point), and then EXTRICATED myself out the side window! I didn...'t park in front, but 5 blocks away. Took about two hours of a circular path to be certain I wasn't being followed (used the hoodie a lot) and now I am home....wait....what was that movement in the bushes outside of my window...DANG IT, I WAS fol.......

Friends of Walter, do not be concerned, we are here to HELP this poor man, this poor confused man. Perhaps it is in YOUR best interest to wipe ANY memory of this incident AND of Walter from your collective minds. If not, we KNOW who you are, we know where you work, we know where you live....
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Walterth3rd wrote:
Well, I battled my way through the throngs of lost people, hid from the po-pos, and managed to sneak through on a fake ID, where I cast MY vote (I switched to my REAL ID at this point), and then EXTRICATED myself out the side window! I didn...'t park in front, but 5 blocks away. Took about two hours of a circular path to be certain I wasn't being followed (used the hoodie a lot) and now I am home....wait....what was that movement in the bushes outside of my window...DANG IT, I WAS fol.......

Friends of Walter, do not be concerned, we are here to HELP this poor man, this poor confused man. Perhaps it is in YOUR best interest to wipe ANY memory of this incident AND of Walter from your collective minds. If not, we KNOW who you are, we know where you work, we know where you live....

You should have know better. Minorities aren't allowed to vote without being followed home and harassed. ;)
Back to top Go down
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 2:21 pm

Bad Chaz you are correct the republicans had a chance and blew it. So the American people did reward them for bad behavior. However I am confident in the next 2 years they will mess it up again and we will win back the congress. Already they are going to put the king of pork in charge of the finance committee. So the are going to raise the dept ceiling breaking the promise of cutting spending. They policies that are dangerous to America I am glad to have some help on this board thanks Bad Chaz peace be with you brother.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 4:47 pm

I look at it differently. The Republicans gained something in 2000 that they hadn't had in couple of generations, Control of the White House, and both houses of Congress.
They took that opportunity and utterly wasted it. And then Bush swerved radically to the left when he won his second term.

Those on the right, particularly those of the more conservative bent, such as myself did NOT reward the Republicans on a national level for this, rather we punished them for it, particularly when they nominated another RINO, McCain.

This is the only way that Obama ever got elected in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 5:49 pm

Annoyed wrote:
I look at it differently. The Republicans gained something in 2000 that they hadn't had in couple of generations, Control of the White House, and both houses of Congress.
They took that opportunity and utterly wasted it. And then Bush swerved radically to the left when he won his second term.

Those on the right, particularly those of the more conservative bent, such as myself did NOT reward the Republicans on a national level for this, rather we punished them for it, particularly when they nominated another RINO, McCain.

This is the only way that Obama ever got elected in the first place.

Because they (the Republicans of the 2nd and beyond Bush era) suddenly allowed the LIBERALS to cloud their minds! Bush was trying too hard to be liked by EVERYONE instead of keeping his eyes on what was BEST for the country AS A WHOLE!
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 6:06 pm

All I have to say is that if the republicans do what they did after 2000 they are doomed. I am not happy about this guy that is going to be in charge of the finance committee.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:29 pm

I hope they really understand just how bad it will be for them if they go back to Bush era policies. Im not sure if the people would swing even more right towards the Tea Party or go nutty radical left. Hard to tell since its failed miserably the last two years.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:06 am

ssvs04 wrote:
I hope they really understand just how bad it will be for them if they go back to Bush era policies. Im not sure if the people would swing even more right towards the Tea Party or go nutty radical left. Hard to tell since its failed miserably the last two years.
I say there will be a major split.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's Midterm Election   Tomorrow's Midterm Election Empty

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's Midterm Election
Page 1 of 1