Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.  Empty
PostSubject: Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.    Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.  EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:15 pm

Quote :
An Ohio congressional candidate is under fire after a magazine unearthed a photo showing him dressed in a Waffen-SS uniform as part of a Nazi re-enactment group.

The Atlantic magazine, which published the photo, reported that Republican candidate Rich Iott was involved for years with Wiking, a group devoted to re-enacting the actions of the 5th SS Panzer Division Wiking. He told The Atlantic he joined as a "father-son bonding thing" and quit the organization several years ago after his son lost interest.

House Republican Whip Eric Cantor, R-Va., who is Jewish, said on "Fox News Sunday" that he "would absolutely repudiate" Iott's behavior.

But Iott, who is challenging Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur, defended himself in a statement Saturday after Kaptur's campaign and other groups condemned him. Iott said that as a student of history he has participated in numerous military re-enactments since he was in college and meant no offense by them.

"Never, in any of my re-enacting of military history, have I meant any disrespect to anyone who served in our military or anyone who has been affected by the tragedy of war, especially the Jewish Community," he said in a written statement. "I have immense respect for veterans who served our country valiantly, particularly those who fought to rid the world of tyranny and aggression by relegating Nazism to the trash heap of history. I also believe we need to 'never forget' what happened to Jews during that war."

YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Vandalism of USS Emmons Sparks Outrage
10 Worst Celebrity Business Owners
Southwest Airlines Agrees To Acquire AirTran In $1.4 Billion Deal
Police: Florida Father Kills Estranged Wife, 4 Stepchildren, Then Kills Himself
What to Expect if Bush Tax Cuts Expire

Iott released several other photos on his campaign website that showed him in uniform as part of a World War I re-enactment and Civil War re-enactment in which he and his son donned Union uniforms.

According to the Wiking website, the organization is devoted to "presenting the history" of the Eastern Front division which fought the Russians, "never against the Americans."

The site said the members "honor" those "who really experienced the war" no matter their nationality, but stressed that the group prohibits racism "or any type of embracement of Nazi ideology."

A disclaimer on the home page says: "This page or anyone involved in its creation, or members of reenactment groups listed here, are in no way affiliated with real, radical political organizations (i.e., KKK, Aryan Nation, American Nazi Party, etc.) and do not embrace the philosophies and actions of the original NSDAP (Nazi party), and wholeheartedly condemn the atrocities which made them infamous. May the victims of this unspeakable horror rest in peace."

But Kaptur's campaign condemned the group and called Iott's participation "indefensible," questioning "who would honor such butchers?"

"My first reaction was shock, then my second reaction was dismay and then my third reaction was disgust, from what I've seen," Kaptur said in an interview with MyFoxToledo.

"To perpetuate such a twisted and dangerous view of history is outrageous and indefensible," her campaign said in a statement published by the Toledo Blade.

Iott called the charges against him "despicable" and said the election should be about issues, "not false character attacks."
So I did do a little research on this group and it is just an reenactment group. Also in the Article it says that the division that fought was against Communist Russia. Guess the libs support what Stalin did to 20 million people.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.    Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.  EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:23 pm

That's stupid. Reenactment groups do stuff like this all the time. Somebody has to dress up like the bad guys. You might as well condemn a person if you find out they played a Nazi in a film. There is a big difference between dressing up like a Nazi for a battle reenactment and believing in what they stand for. It is funny that the dems cry about this, since they have Klan members in their ranks. Actually the Democrats started the KKK in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.    Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.  EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 1:17 pm

What about the guys that plays the south? Does that make those reenacters racist?
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.    Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.  EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:02 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
What about the guys that plays the south? Does that make those reenacters racist?

Lol. No it makes them Democrats. After all the Democrat party was made up of the Confederate people after the war. They fought all the rights for blacks, and started the Klan not to kill blacks as is believed, but to kill Republicans. The freed blacks were given the right to vote by Republicans so joined and voted for that party. The Klan hung every Republican they could get their hands on, black or white.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.    Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.  EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 10:01 pm

Did not know the clan also went after Republicans. Thanks for the mini history lesson.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.    Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.  EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:26 am

ssvs04 wrote:
Did not know the clan also went after Republicans. Thanks for the mini history lesson.

Yeah their original goal was to stop the Republicans. Almost all Republican leaders, aka whites, were from the North, so it was harder to get hold of them. The Ruplicans from the North got the freed blacks the right to vote, over fierce resistance from the southern Democrats (former Confederates and slave owners). After the blacks got the right to vote, they became and voted for Republicans. So the Democrats started the KKK as a secret army, hence the face hiding hoods, to kill Republicans running and recruiting in the south. They also killed every black Republican they could, especially any who spoke out about voting. Even though they had got the vote, a lot of blacks were afraid to vote. So the klan of course targeted anybody, white or black, who tried to get them to vote.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.    Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.  EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:33 am

Hmmm. I just realized that some the toy soldiers I had as a kid were dressed as Germans! Must have been an evil plot by the Bush Toy Company.
The really sad thing about this story is not that a politician would come up with an outlandish statement about his/her opponent, but the comments supporting the statement from the supposed general public.
Back to top Go down
steve2112

steve2112

PostSubject: Re: Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.    Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.  EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:47 am

Yes this story is ridiculous but let's be honest. The dude should have just dropped his pants and bent over. You're a public figure and you gave somebody an opportunity to take a picture of you in a Nazi uniform? in this day and age you don't think that somebody is going to take advantage of that?

You have to be some kind of idiot to give your enemies a chance like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.    Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok this is getting desperate by the democrats.
Page 1 of 1