Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Is America a true Democracy?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

Is America a true Democracy? Empty
PostSubject: Is America a true Democracy?   Is America a true Democracy? EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 9:03 pm

But sadly, people think so. Why? Because they are told that by the government.

In a true Democracy, the power of any given nation lies with the people. Not a government, King, Queen nor a political party. Nobody and nothing has supremacy over the will of the people. After all, remember all the revolutions? People get tired of having no say.

So why does the US government call us a democracy? Because we have elections. But do our elected representatives actually voice what we the people want? No, they do not, nor have any even asked. Not in the history of this nation. As an example, when congress passed legislation that during a government shutdown, only they still get paid, who did they ask first? Nobody, they just did it. Is that a true Democracy?

This is a fact. If the will of the people is meaningless, then it's nothing more than another dictatorship. The people have no say, and thus no power. Think of Xi in China, Putin in Russia, Kim in N. Korea and so forth. But it doesn't have to be an individual that runs a dictatorship. It can be a group of people that do so. Think of a group of people that the government calls terrorists. Taliban, Hezbollah, Houthi's, Hamas, and so on. Clearly non of these is a true democracy, because the people still have no say.

But do we as Americans have a say just because we can vote? China voted. Russia is about to vote, but did anything change? Nope.

In my mind, our true democracy ended with the Constitution, if we ever had one. Hidden within is the "Supremacy Clause". That means the states, territories and or people have no say, nor can they pass any laws to over rule them. Is that a true democracy?

Look at our nation today. The government is fighting with Texas over immigration, multiple states over legalizing marijuana, gender identity and now abortion and a woman's right over her own body. Congress is trying to take control over the SCOTUS, over ride the Executive branch (POTUS) and on. Is that a true democracy?

I know from history this nation was founded on acts of treason (Boston Tea Party) followed by a revolution. I fear this nation will fail, if the people do not get their rightful power back. If we have another revolution or even another civil war, that's what will happen. If the people lose the right to bear arms, it will happen even faster.

Freedom isn't free. Somebody pays for it, and will always have to. A true democracy, takes a lot of work to be done, by people willing to do it. But as I look at where we are now, nobody wants to pay for our freedom, and nobody wants to do the work, to make us a true democracy.

That's why you can burn the nations flag under the law of "freedom of speech". Kneel during our national anthem, and so on.

I spent most of my adult life serving the people of my nation. I worked, sweat, fought, bled and cried for them. I hope to see the people get back their power, or die before I discover my service to them was meaningless. As was all who did so before me.

America can be a great nation and a true democracy. But only the people can do it. Not an individual or political party. Think about that before a politician tells you someone is ruining our "democracy", but only they can fix it.

Bandit
Back to top Go down

Is America a true Democracy?
Page 1 of 1