Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

The Biden Presidency

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

The Biden Presidency Empty
PostSubject: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 4:42 pm

And so it begins. Just as the Republicans are looking into the election, the Democrats will not concede they lost anything to the Republicans, despite the fact they have. A great deal actually.

Before Biden says all the things he's going to do, he needs to see what happens with the Legislative branch first. Republicans still hold the Senate, and the Democrats had their butts handed to them in the House. They still control it, but Pelosi is now a problem for them.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 9:31 pm

OK, so here's where we stand:

Senate
50 Republicans
46 Democrats
2 Independent

House
219 Democrats
203 Republicans
1 Independent

That leaves roughly 2 seats left in the Senate and 12 in the House that need to be filled. If the Democrats can get both seats in the Senate, they will control the nation for the next 2 years+.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 3:03 am

Well finally we're down to the "meat and taters". To quote several media outlets, "the fact checking starts now". Also checking how many promises he keeps.

He's already started writing checks America cannot afford to cash.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 4:57 pm

Bandit wrote:
Well finally we're down to the "meat and taters". To quote several media outlets, "the fact checking starts now". Also checking how many promises he keeps.

He's already started writing checks America cannot afford to cash.
Do you really think the media and others will apply the same "fact checking" to Biden as they did Trump? Hell, the media deliberately squashed the now-confirmed story about Biden' kid and Biden's misuse of his govt. authority.
They have deliberately squashed any discussion of the theft of the election, let alone investigation of it. Haven't heard much about that in the past 3 weeks or so, have you?

When do you expect to read about court challenges to the various policies Biden is enacting? If you recall, the left challenged Trump in court every time he pulled his pants down to take a leak. AS i understand it, Biden has signed 17 EO's as of this writing. I haven't seen 1 court challenge yet. Have you?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 11:26 pm

They already started. Biden's administration said Trump had no distribution plan for the vaccine. That was when I left for work this morning. By the time I got back they were already called liars, because he did have one.

As of this reply Biden has taken 28 Executive Actions. Only 7 matter, the rest just "hot air".

Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 8:39 am

Bandit wrote:
They already started. Biden's administration said Trump had no distribution plan for the vaccine. That was when I left for work this morning. By the time I got back they were already called liars, because he did have one.

As of this reply Biden has taken 28 Executive Actions. Only 7 matter, the rest just "hot air".

No, I'm talking about court challenges to stop his EO's. For example, where are the court challenges stopping Biden's stopping of the border wall, his loosening of immigration enforcement, and such. Or, the challenge preventing Biden from shutting down the oil pipeline?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 1:00 am

That has nothing to do with "fact checking". But since you seem really excited about it, no, to date there has been nothing from the courts. But none of Biden's actions broke with or violated any established legislation, while most of Trump's did.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 12:36 pm

Bandit wrote:
That has nothing to do with "fact checking". But since you seem really excited about it, no, to date there has been nothing from the courts. But none of Biden's actions broke with or violated any established legislation, while most of Trump's did.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Or, in this case, legality is in the eyes of the court. Many, if not most of Trump's orders were legal, he had the authority to issue them. For example. Obama established the DACA program via EO. Are you telling Trump didn't have the authority to scrap it via EO? That's absurd. But the left found friendly courts....
That's why Trump's judicial nominations will end up being his most important contribution. If issues are brought to the courts, that is.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 9:02 pm

The courts, are by and large, all on the lefts side... just like the media. So of course they opposed everything Trump did, but they will not stand in Bidens way.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 10:29 pm

Wrong. The President does not have the authority to waive immigration law, nor does he have the authority to create it out of thin air. That's exactly what Obama was trying to do. and he ended up in court. Trump tried using EO to rewrite immigration law dating back to the Reagan era. He had like 8-9 EO on immigration alone. Like Obama he also ended up in court.

It's simple. If your EO is legal, you won't end up in court.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 10:34 pm

eber322 wrote:
The courts, are by and large, all on the lefts side... just like the media. So of course they opposed everything Trump did, but they will not stand in Bidens way.

I disagree. While the SCOTUS has a majority of Conservatives, there has already been talk of packing the court:

SCOTUS

As for media, mostly CNN and its partners are in fact liberals. Rabidly so IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 11:15 pm

Bandit wrote:
eber322 wrote:

I disagree. While the SCOTUS has a majority of Conservatives, there has already been talk of packing the court:

SCOTUS

As for media, mostly CNN and its partners are in fact liberals. Rabidly so IMHO.

The media has been the communications dept. of the Democrats for 30+ years now.

And I don't think the Dems have a strong enough position to pack the SCOTUS. If they have even one defection, they can't do squat. And that's assuming they can get rid of the 60 vote rule, which i doubt. Biden's going to write a lot of EO's, which hopefully will be challenged in the courts, just as Trump's were. But aside from some special deals like China Virus relief, I think we're going to see Congress gridlocked for at least the next 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 11:57 am

Annoyed wrote:

And I don't think the Dems have a strong enough position to pack the SCOTUS. If they have even one defection, they can't do squat. And that's assuming they can get rid of the 60 vote rule, which i doubt. Biden's going to write a lot of EO's, which hopefully will be challenged in the courts, just as Trump's were. But aside from some special deals like China Virus relief, I think we're going to see Congress gridlocked for at least the next 2 years.

There are plenty of pro-conservative media outlets around. And yeah, Biden will run afoul of the courts. My question, is how long before the Democrats get tired if it. For the first time since the 40's I think, they are now in a position to be questioned by the SCOTUS. They do NOT like being questioned by anybody.

As for position, it looks like this:

Senate
50R
48D
02I (Caucused with Democrats)
With the VP being Democrat, they control the Senate.

House
221D
211R
003V

After what I've seen the last 2 years, I wouldn't put anything past the Democrats at least trying.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 2:14 pm

Bandit wrote:
Annoyed wrote:

There are plenty of pro-conservative media outlets around. And yeah, Biden will run afoul of the courts. My question, is how long before the Democrats get tired if it. For the first time since the 40's I think, they are now in a position to be questioned by the SCOTUS. They do NOT like being questioned by anybody.

As for position, it looks like this:

Senate
50R
48D
02I (Caucused with Democrats)
With the VP being Democrat, they control the Senate.

House
221D
211R
003V

After what I've seen the last 2 years, I wouldn't put anything past the Democrats at least trying.
IF, and that's a big if, the right chooses to harass Biden via the courts as the Democrats did Trump. I don't expect them to. Based on their history, in general, they're sheep.
Trump couldn't go to the bathroom without someone taking him to court over it. And I would like to see Biden given the same treatment. Every EO he signs should be immediately stopped and challenged in court. Just as Trump's were. But the right doesn't have the balls to do so.

As far as the media, yes, there are a few conservative media outlets, but with the exception of Fox (and their status is questionable these days) all of the big players are so far in the tank for the Democrats they ought to be on the payroll of the DNC.
Consider the Biden Crime family. The media deliberately silenced the NY Post story regarding Hunter Biden / Biden's corruption involving China (which has since been confirmed and reported in other media) until AFTER the election.
Even more important is the behavior of social media. Facebook, Twitter and the like have become the defacto standard for public discourse and discussion in this country. But the operators of these outlets deliberately silence most anyone on the right side, even to the point of killing the accounts of Trump and other right-leaning public figures.
These are the two posts that Twitter cited for banning Trump: (source: https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/tech/trump-twitter-ban/index.html)
Quote :

"The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!"
Quote :
"To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th."

Twitter's excuse?
Quote :
Twitter said the tweet concerning inauguration could be viewed as a further statement that the election was not legitimate. It also said that the tweet could be interpreted as Trump saying that the inauguration would be a "safe" target for violence because he would not be attending.

The election was stolen. And many people, myself included are convinced beyond a doubt that it was. There is just too much evidence to ignore. But supporting that position is enough to get you banned from a social network? Trump was banned for what his enemies said he said, not what he said. At no point did Trump suggest or even imply the use of violence.

Parler provided a free-speech alternative... And big media outright shut them down.

Yes, I understand the argument that businesses should be allowed to operate as they see fit. And in general, I agree with that. But this, as well as the entire "cancel culture" idea directly concerns the right of free speech in this country, which up until now has been sacred.

[EDIT]
Added this from this morning's news, it's relevant :

https://www.toddstarnes.com/cancel-culture/twitter-permanently-bans-mypillows-mike-lindell/

Quote :
“Twitter Inc has permanently suspended the account of My Pillow chief Mike Lindell for repeated violations of the company’s policy on election misinformation, the social media firm said late on Monday,” they wrote in a statement.

“Lindell used his personal Twitter account, which had nearly half a million followers before being suspended, and the company’s account to spread unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter fraud in the presidential election,” Twitter wrote.
[/EDIT]
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 8:36 am

Told you it wouldn't be long:

Biden blocked in court

In other news, Schumer did try to gut the filibuster clause in the Senate. He backed off for now while the Dems take over the Senate, but after that, forget it.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 8:57 am

Bandit wrote:
Told you it wouldn't be long:

Biden blocked in court

In other news, Schumer did try to gut the filibuster clause in the Senate. He backed off for now while the Dems take over the Senate, but after that, forget it.

I was gratified to read that. Let's hope it's the beginning of a long string of similar actions.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 12:45 pm

Biden is out of control with Executive Orders. Currently he has about 42. Here's the list:

Executive Orders

For those comparing, Bush had 2, Obama had 17, and Trump also had 17.

Way bad idea. First off, an EO is NOT Legislation, nor does it replace it. That's part of what got the last 3 Presidents in trouble. You just don't use an EO to "bypass" Congress. If you look at my first post in this thread, I said Biden needed to wait to see what the Legislative branch looked like. Clearly he didn't care, and is using EO to bypass them. They noticed and are not happy.

After Trump is finished being convicted by the Democrats, the Republicans and a good portion of the Democrats are going to hand Biden his butt.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 9:14 am

Bandit wrote:
Biden is out of control with Executive Orders. Currently he has about 42. Here's the list:

Executive Orders

For those comparing, Bush had 2, Obama had 17, and Trump also had 17.

Way bad idea. First off, an EO is NOT Legislation, nor does it replace it. That's part of what got the last 3 Presidents in trouble. You just don't use an EO to "bypass" Congress. If you look at my first post in this thread, I said Biden needed to wait to see what the Legislative branch looked like. Clearly he didn't care, and is using EO to bypass them. They noticed and are not happy.

After Trump is finished being convicted by the Democrats, the Republicans and a good portion of the Democrats are going to hand Biden his butt.
I agree, you can't govern by EO. But with Congress divided, the Dems know they can't get much through it. In their eyes, the ends justify the means. Period.
But as to the rest of it....
First, the Democrats are never going to be finished convicting Trump. Even if he dies, they're still going to continue. Trump represents a very large percentage of the population that is tired of the standard Washington way of doing business, and they're desperate to suppress those voices.

Second, do you really think Biden is calling the shots?

And finally, many people are placing faith in the "system", where it could be reasonably expected that after only 2 years of the Democrats' crap, Congress will flip hard in 2022, and after 4 years, the Republicans, perhaps someone cut from MAGA cloth will retake the white house in 2024.

Those that think that are ignoring what the Dems will do ASAP. They successfully stole the 2020 election, with the fill support and assistance of the supposed watchdogs, the media and the courts. Now having power, they're going to stack the deck with amnesty, paths to citizenship, open voting rules that encourage fraud, as well as the media actively working to silence any opposing views. This country is now under one party rule, and that party isn't even domestic, it's the globalists. U.S. elections from now on will be for show only. We won't see a backlash.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 11:14 pm

Annoyed wrote:
I agree, you can't govern by EO. But with Congress divided, the Dems know they can't get much through it. In their eyes, the ends justify the means. Period.
First, the Democrats are never going to be finished convicting Trump. Even if he dies, they're still going to continue. Trump represents a very large percentage of the population that is tired of the standard Washington way of doing business, and they're desperate to suppress those voices.

And finally, many people are placing faith in the "system", where it could be reasonably expected that after only 2 years of the Democrats' crap, Congress will flip hard in 2022, and after 4 years, the Republicans, perhaps someone cut from MAGA cloth will retake the white house in 2024.

Those that think that are ignoring what the Dems will do ASAP. They successfully stole the 2020 election, with the fill support and assistance of the supposed watchdogs, the media and the courts. Now having power, they're going to stack the deck with amnesty, paths to citizenship, open voting rules that encourage fraud, as well as the media actively working to silence any opposing views. This country is now under one party rule, and that party isn't even domestic, it's the globalists. U.S. elections from now on will be for show only. We won't see a backlash.

I'm not really sure anybody is calling the shots. Biden and Harris have already pissed off a bunch of Democrats, not to mention the Democrats Pelosi has pissed off as well.

The Republicans are doing no better. Those in the House that voted to impeach Trump royally pissed off those that voted them in office. I doubt they will keep their seats. Same goes for the Senate. When Trump gets convicted, any Republicans that voted against him can also look for a new job.

I agree, the people are pissed and fed up with the government. That's what happened on the 6th of January IMO. Regardless of what they do to Trump, Congress should heed the message sent by the people.

Biden is trying to do too much to fast. Congress is not going to address him, until the Senate is done with Trump. As far as the SCOTUS goes, they are not going to hear his case for Obamacare, anymore than they did Trump.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 2:08 am

Bandit wrote:
Annoyed wrote:

I'm not really sure anybody is calling the shots. Biden and Harris have already pissed off a bunch of Democrats, not to mention the Democrats Pelosi has pissed off as well.

The Republicans are doing no better. Those in the House that voted to impeach Trump royally pissed off those that voted them in office. I doubt they will keep their seats. Same goes for the Senate. When Trump gets convicted, any Republicans that voted against him can also look for a new job.

I agree, the people are pissed and fed up with the government. That's what happened on the 6th of January IMO. Regardless of what they do to Trump, Congress should heed the message sent by the people.

Biden is trying to do too much to fast. Congress is not going to address him, until the Senate is done with Trump. As far as the SCOTUS goes, they are not going to hear his case for Obamacare, anymore than they did Trump.
Trump isn't going to be convicted. Pelosi and co. aren't even close to having the votes to convict.

As far as who is running things, I suspect there is a hidden hand, some group of behind the scenes globalists who are deliberately trying to tear the U.S. down.

I think you're underestimating how significant the theft of the election is. How much do the Democrats have to fear from the voters when they have already successfully stolen a presidential election?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 11:08 pm

Annoyed wrote:

Trump isn't going to be convicted. Pelosi and co. aren't even close to having the votes to convict.

As far as who is running things, I suspect there is a hidden hand, some group of behind the scenes globalists who are deliberately trying to tear the U.S. down.

I think you're underestimating how significant the theft of the election is. How much do the Democrats have to fear from the voters when they have already successfully stolen a presidential election?

You were right, in he was not convicted. But I do not believe any of that stolen election garbage. As it pertains to who is running things, I mean this:

We have Biden in the White House;
Schumer in the Senate;
Pelosi in the House.

But none can agree on anything, nor are they on the same sheet of music. Are the shots being called from the House, Senate or the WH? I cannot tell.

Biden has mostly been quiet while Congress was busy with Trump. Well now they have nothing better to do than see what he's all been up to. And I do not believe he wants that.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 2:29 am

Well it's worse than I thought. Biden has no clue, about much of anything.

As I predicted, everything is Trump's fault. Biden cannot even stay on topic. He rambles endlessly about nothing. All Trump's fault.

For every failure of this administration, it's Trump's fault.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 9:18 am

Bandit wrote:
Well it's worse than I thought. Biden has no clue, about much of anything.

As I predicted, everything is Trump's fault. Biden cannot even stay on topic. He rambles endlessly about nothing. All Trump's fault.

For every failure of this administration, it's Trump's fault.

Don't worry about it.. Biden will be 25th'ed out before long, and then we'll have Harris in the White House.

Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 11:02 am

Good one. Coffee
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 11:30 pm

Well I've waited a few months to give Biden some time. It didn't matter. In every topic of a Presidency he's a train wreck!

Domestic policy: FAIL
Foreign policy: FAIL
National Security: FAIL
Economy: FAIL
Pandemic: FAIL
Infastructure: FAIL

The only thing he does, is everytime he screws something up, he puts Harris in charge of it to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Biden Presidency   The Biden Presidency Empty

Back to top Go down

The Biden Presidency
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next