Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Season 2 Episode 4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

Season 2 Episode 4 Empty
PostSubject: Season 2 Episode 4   Season 2 Episode 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Ep 4  

Oil and Water

Thus far, the pace remains constant and fast. We find Katrina has left the pod, only to get captured by Xander. He's forcing her to help him find Levi with the intent of killing him. In return he'll help her get rid of the oil ship (not) and set her free (not).

Cami is about to find out Xander murdered her mother (Donna) so that means Cami will kill him.

After the antics at the bar, LT. Martinez now knows there are a bunch of mermaids on land, and who is watching over them (Ben and Maddie). It's only a matter of time before the rest of the military shows up.

Levi explains to Ben what mermaids do to reproduce. As painful as it is for the male, I thought it was cool, in the fact any kind of sexuality has been removed. No homosexuality, no horniness, none of the stuff humans have. They don't even have recreational sex. It's only to make a child, and only when a female says so. There isn't even a mate to speak of, as a female reproduces from as many males as she wants. That's how Ryn is white, but her sister Donna was black. Same mother, different fathers. Or vice versa. After all, they don't have racism either.

After finding Susan on drugs again, Maddie runs back into the arms of Ben and Ryn. So an already complicated relationship, is about to get more complicated.

Eliza has discovered Helen's relative, and she is very interested in him.

So it's gonna be a blood bath or hump fest. Perhaps a bit of both. I can see where the sex is going. Just because the 2 human males of interest, are part mermaid themselves. The first time a mermaid mated with a human was some guy named Pownall who founded the town. Their children gained the ability to change into humans on land. But the process is extremely painful.

Stay tuned fans.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

Season 2 Episode 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Episode 4   Season 2 Episode 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 4:34 pm

Bandit wrote:
So an already complicated relationship, is about to get more complicated.

You mean the three way bisexual, interracial, interspecies love affair? I'm now expecting the black mermaid dude to join in too.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

Season 2 Episode 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Episode 4   Season 2 Episode 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 7:19 pm

eber322 wrote:

You mean the three way bisexual, interracial, interspecies love affair? I'm now expecting the black mermaid dude to join in too.

Not at all. I forgot to mention mermaids are not bothered by any silly religeon. Since you ignored the rest of the post, I remind you, mermaids do not know "race". Hence there is no such thing as interracial. They do not know what sexuality is, hence no bisexual, homosexual, recreational sex or any of the other crap humans have. A female decides when she will mate, and what male with. PERIOD. And I should mention, although it goes without saying, mermaids have no idea how humans mate.

"The black dude" is Levi. His only interests are fighting, eating and now having fun figuring out how to be human. While a white human female took interest in him, he still has no idea how to have a sexual relationship with one. Females decide and do all the work.

Interspecies love affair is also inaccurate. Both Helen's relative and Ben are part mermaid, just as the mermaids are part human.

Or is it Maddie and Ben you refer to. They obviously have been having sex for a long time. So yeah, as humans it's interracial. But most humans in real life have gotten over that long ago. Because we are still the same species.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

Season 2 Episode 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Episode 4   Season 2 Episode 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 1:02 am

I didn't ignore anything. Even though a lot of what you said I believe is speculation at best.

Bandit wrote:
No homosexuality, no horniness, none of the stuff humans have.
That's just wrong. Ryn is apparently having an affair with Maddie which makes her a lesbian and obviously comes from horniness as it can't produce children as you claim is the only reason they mate. Just because they may not have a concept of homosexuality doesn't make it not be that. After all the viewers are human and viewing this show from human perspectives, not from fictional made up species perspectives. Same goes for race, they obviously have races, we can see that, whether they care about races or not doesn't alter that fact. And we don't know they aren't "aware of race" anyway.

Bandit wrote:
They don't even have recreational sex. It's only to make a child...
Where was any of that said? I don't think it was.
Bandit wrote:
...and only when a female says so.
Yeah they did say it was up to the female, although obviously the whole neck lighting up thing of the males is peacock style mating behavior.

Bandit wrote:
While a white human female took interest in him, he still has no idea how to have a sexual relationship with one.
And what makes you say that? Just because it's up to the female of his species to initiate sex doesn't mean he doesn't know how to have sex.

Bandit wrote:
That's how Ryn is white, but her sister Donna was black. Same mother, different fathers. Or vice versa.
Is that true? I maybe just don't remember that, but I don't think it was ever said. If it was you wouldn't have had to throw the "vice versa" in there, cause we'd know which way it was. We don't actually know if her "sister" was an actual relative or not. For all we know they were "sisters" because they were raised in the same pod or something and weren't related at all.

Bandit wrote:
After all, they don't have racism either.
As far as we know, that's true. But then as far as I can remember they never explain to Ryn that humans can be racist either, so she might think Racism doesn't exist in humans even though we know that's not true.

Bandit wrote:
I forgot to mention mermaids are not bothered by any silly religeon
Which has to do with what? How is that relevant to the reply to me? And how do you know that anyway? Have they ever discussed religion or whether mermaids have any?

Bandit wrote:
And I should mention, although it goes without saying, mermaids have no idea how humans mate.
That is complete speculation based on nothing. Why do you even think that? Don't you assume, since they've not said otherwise, that mermaids have penises and vaginas? We know that they have mated with humans in the past which seems to indicate the process is pretty much the same.

Bandit wrote:
Interspecies love affair is also inaccurate. Both Helen's relative and Ben are part mermaid, just as the mermaids are part human.
Helen and Ben being cross breeds has nothing to do with anything. And maybe I'm just forgetting a lot of stuff, but when did they say that all the mermaids are part human? I mean you'd think they were just from how they look, but when was that established? For that matter, when was it established that only mermaids descended from Pownall can change into humans? Did they say they couldn't do that before the Pownall mating? Anyway, mermaids are a different species even if all the ones on the show are part human.

As far as my list, it was simply to point out all the things in this "complicated relationship" as you called it. Including the things that you'd already dismissed, because they are actually relevant, like the homosexuality etc. Which actually was referencing most of the "rest of your post" by disagreeing with your assumptions, which you obviously got since you turned around and repeated yourself on each of those points yet again. Just because you think they have no concept of certain things doesn't matter. For one I don't think any of your assumptions are anything but that, but even if the mermaids have no concept of homosexuality, etc we do and we see them doing those things. But anyway I've touched on most, if not all, of the points you made directly now, so you'll not think I "ignored" anything.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

Season 2 Episode 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Episode 4   Season 2 Episode 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 11:24 am

I mentioned religion because as humans, many of us get our morals and values from it. While mermaids have emotions, I have yet to see any sense of morals or values. You?

An affair involves sex. Ryn isn't having sex with anyone human or mermaid. She has a friendship with both Maddie and Ben. With Ben, on the dancefloor, they both agreed their feelings about each other was more than her song, or his science.

A few episodes ago, Levi told Ben in the water, they fight and hunt. That's all. Now we know it's because only the female chooses when she will mate. When we look at the pod, nobody displays any affection for another. The only species on the planet that has recreational sex is a human.

Anyway, I'm not making wild speculations nor am I assuming anything, except when I say I am in the post. For what I posted, it was said or done on screen, regardless if you missed it.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

Season 2 Episode 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Episode 4   Season 2 Episode 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 8:23 pm

Bandit wrote:
Ryn isn't having sex with anyone human or mermaid.

That we know of, except it looks like that was what was about to happen at the end of the episode, which is even what you referenced with that "hump fest" comment.

Bandit wrote:
The only species on the planet that has recreational sex is a human.

That's not true and besides the point anyway.

Bandit wrote:
For what I posted, it was said or done on screen, regardless if you missed it.
Yes they said the females choose when and with whom to have sex. So they're just like humans in that regard. They may have said mermaids gained the ability to become human from mating with Pownall, as I've admitted I may just not remember that. As for the rest of what you said... "No homosexuality, no horniness..", "They don't even have recreational sex", "Same mother, different fathers", "they don't have racism either", "mermaids do not know race", "They do not know what sexuality is", "mermaids have no idea how humans mate", "[Levi] still has no idea how to have a sexual relationship with [a human female]", that's all conjecture and speculation on your part. I didn't miss it cause it wasn't said.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

Season 2 Episode 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Episode 4   Season 2 Episode 4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 2:31 am

Whater you believe Eber. I'm done talking to you about this show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Season 2 Episode 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Episode 4   Season 2 Episode 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Episode 4
Page 1 of 1