Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Sarah Palin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

Sarah Palin Empty
PostSubject: Sarah Palin   Sarah Palin EmptyMon May 05, 2014 1:59 am

Last Saturday, Sarah Palin stood before the huge crowd at the 2014 National Rifle Association annual meeting and condemned liberals for coddling terrorists. She loaded her speech with religious metaphors, claiming that true leaders would put "the fear of God in our enemies." She said, "They obviously have information on plots to carry out jihad. Oh, but you can't offend them, can't make them feel uncomfortable, not even a smidgen. Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists."

Palin's invocation of forced baptism shocked both conservatives and liberals, inspiring few defenders. Christian commentators, in particular, focused on her link between torture and baptism.On Wednesday, the National Religious Campaign against Torture released a powerful condemnation of the speech. To Palin, the organization's executive director wrote, "Your statements play into a false narrative conveying that somehow, the conflict between the United States and the terrorist cells is a conflict between Christianity and Islam, or Islam and 'the West."

The group's letter to the NRA, signed by 17 faith leaders from many different religions and denominations, reads, "For Christians, baptism is a profoundly holy act. It is in stark contrast to the abhorrent act of waterboarding. Equating baptism to an act of torture like waterboarding is sacrilegious -- and particularly surprising coming from a person who prides herself on her Christian faith."

Entertaining, no?

Palin is a clown. Always has been, and will be.

"I can see Russia from my house"
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

Sarah Palin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin   Sarah Palin EmptyMon May 05, 2014 12:12 pm

I'm tired of hearing that. Palin NEVER said she could see Russia from her house. She said you could see Russia from Alaska, which is true. It was Tina Fey on SNL that said that while playing Palin in a skit.

I'm no big fan of Palins, she should have never been on a Presidential ticket, and I don't like how she just quit as governor of Alaska after being elected. However, she is not nearly as stupid as people like to betray her. Obama has said far more stupid things then she has but it rarely gets report and never gets mocked or repeated.

"...true leaders would put "the fear of God in our enemies." She said, "They obviously have information on plots to carry out jihad. Oh, but you can't offend them, can't make them feel uncomfortable, not even a smidgen."

Everything she said in that quote was true, but she did offend people by comparing water boarding with baptism. Yes she stuck her foot in her mouth, but she was right that we need to put the fear of God in terrorists.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

Sarah Palin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin   Sarah Palin EmptyMon May 05, 2014 6:14 pm

No, you cannot see Russia from Alaska. Palin got confused about the Diomede Islands. The two Islands are about 2 miles apart. One Russia claims (Big Diomede), but is uninhabited, the other the U.S. claims (Little Diomede) and is inhabited by natives. You cannot see the Islands from either Russia or Alaska, nor can you see Russia or Alaska from the Islands. Most Alaskans do not even know it's there. It wasn't until 2002 that Senator Ted Stevens first visited the Island. That was the first and last time an elected official from the United States or Alaska visited.

Only a clown would imply the proximity of those islands, means you have dealt with a foreign government. And Palin did so.

Nobody makes Palin look stupid. She does that all on her own.

Quote :
"...true leaders would put "the fear of God in our enemies." She said, "They obviously have information on plots to carry out jihad. Oh, but you can't offend them, can't make them feel uncomfortable, not even a smidgen."

Here is a fine example. Exactly who is it Palin is talking about? Terrorists, or Muslims? Does she know there is a difference? Does she even care? This goes well beyond "putting your foot in your mouth". I don't care she offended Christians, nor angered Conservatives. My reason for posting what I did, was that 6 years later, nothing about her has changed. She still has no clue what she is talking about.

As far as terrorists go, no, we don't need to put the fear of "God" in them. That is just silly. We have already accomplished what they need to know. We will come for you, and we will get you...period. Now, NOBODY wants to be in charge of either the Taliban or Al Qaeda. Sure, there's al Zawahiri for the Al Qaeda, but he has a death sentence in most every muslim nation, not to mention has never admitted being the leader after Bin Laden was killed. Would you?

So why are you defending Palin, Eber?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Sarah Palin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin   Sarah Palin EmptyMon May 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Actually they are sparsely populated. I agree that Palin should have never been on the ticket. But I also think McCain threw her under the bus. They should have put her on friendly shows first before throwing her to the wolves. But you notice that the media never asked Obama any questions like they asked Palin.

Yes. Russia and Alaska are divided by the Bering Strait, which is about 55 miles at its narrowest point. In the middle of the Bering Strait are two small, sparsely populated islands: Big Diomede, which sits in Russian territory, and Little Diomede, which is part of the United States
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
ford plasko

ford plasko

Sarah Palin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin   Sarah Palin EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 4:36 pm

eber322 wrote:

I'm no big fan of Palins, she should have never been on a Presidential ticket,
No, McCain shouldn't have been on the ticket. And he's a back stabbing low life for not backing her up. As for what she said at the NRA;The media can find any number of the shocked,offended and outraged at anytime. I'll bet I can find 3 or 4 times as many gaffs and ridiculous statements from slow Joe Biden.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

Sarah Palin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin   Sarah Palin EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 7:51 pm

ford plasko wrote:
eber322 wrote:

I'm no big fan of Palins, she should have never been on a Presidential ticket,
No, McCain shouldn't have been on the ticket. And he's a back stabbing low life for not backing her up. As for what she said at the NRA;The media can find any number of the shocked,offended and outraged at anytime. I'll bet I can find 3 or 4 times as many gaffs and ridiculous statements from slow Joe Biden. 

I agree McCain sucks way worse as a person. Although he probably has more experience that would make him more qualified for the presidential ticket in that regard, she is far more qualified as far as being a moral and decent person. Unfortunately everybody the GOP runs through the primaries sucks for one reason or another. They have no good candidates. Outside of Ron Paul, who wasn't really a Republican so got screwed over by them, the only half ways decent candidate they ran last time was Herman Cain and the left screwed him over with bogus trumped up scandals. I'm sure you can find "3 or 4 times as many gaffs and ridiculous statements from slow Joe Biden" and a hundred times more from Obama.

BTW here's a link to the transcript of what Palin actually said... http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5782924&page=3

And what she actually said, after being asked what particular insight being from Alaska gave her about Russia, was that

"...you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska." Which is absolutely true, and then she said...

"Well, I'm giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia. We will not repeat a Cold War. We must have good relationship with our allies, pressuring, also, helping us to remind Russia that it's in their benefit, also, a mutually beneficial relationship for us all to be getting along."

So, her whole so called stupid comment amounted to pointing out that Russia is our next door neighbor; not just some country on the other side of the world like people in the lower 48 tend to think, and that we need to keep good relations with them. Boy what an idiot! (sarcasm)
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Sarah Palin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin   Sarah Palin EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 8:15 pm

The whole Alaska thing was a bit run on Saturday Night Live. The low information voters took it as truth.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Sarah Palin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin   Sarah Palin Empty

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin
Page 1 of 1