Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.  Empty
PostSubject: Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.    Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.  EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:49 pm

SEATTLE —

Retail chain Forever 21 occupies a large space in downtown Seattle and in the hearts of its loyal customer. "They have good deals," said Michayla Tompson of Seattle. "They're fashionable. And I feel like with their pieces you can make it your own." "They're adorable," agreed Grace Blumenstein of Bellevue. "You can mix and match. Yeah, I really like the store."

But what they didn't know -- until we told them -- is that the chain is cutting some full-time employees to 29 1/2 hours and taking away their health care coverage. This -- just as the Affordable Care Act kicks in -- requiring all employers to provide health care for anyone working at least 30 hours. It's a trend that seems to be happening across the country.

OBAMACARE ISN'T IT JUST F@#!@$ GREAT.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.    Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Sounds like corporate greed to me.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.    Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 5:56 pm

ilaugh wrote:
Sounds like corporate greed to me.
Sounds like a perfectly predictable reaction to government coercion to me.

What, did these idiots who wrote Obamacare not consider the law of unintended consequences? Anyone with two brain cells to rub together could have seen this coming as a reaction to Obamacare.

Or is this just another case of the left wishing something were so and getting smacked upside the head by reality?
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.    Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:06 pm

Doesn't change the fact that it boils down to corporate greed. People should have access to affordable health care and if business in unwilling to help provide that care then it will come down to the tax payer, simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.    Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:25 pm

ilaugh wrote:
Doesn't change the fact that it boils down to corporate greed. People should have access to affordable health care and if business in unwilling to help provide that care then it will come down to the tax payer, simple as that.
The go to thing by liberals corporate greed. Really don't you guys have another line? Business do one thing and one thing only make a profit. Now some business's treat employees better then others I will grant you that. But still everyone seen this coming except democrats. Or they seen it coming and just ignored the signs.

This bill put corporations in a bad place. Some like retail chains cannot afford it. Ilaugh if this bill is so great then why did Obama break the law and move the employer mandate back one year? Just wait until the individual mandate kicks in. Now I am lucky I do not have to participate in Obamacare. I can drop my private insurance anytime I want. However Insurances have gone up mine has risen 120 dollars a month. I work for a state government. So it is just not corporations. All the people that were seasonal employees in VA were knocked down to 29 hours a week. So much for just corporation greed.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.    Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:58 pm

It's hard to say how PPACA this will affect insurance rates in states that fully impalement it, but my guess is that it will stabilize costs in the beginning an eventually reduce them. Competition has a way of doing that.  

As far as your state cutting back worker hours; it's probably more to do with Budgetary shortfalls than anything PPACA related.

Here's what Howard Schultz CEO of Starbucks had to say about cutting everybody hours to avoid employee benefits

Howard Schultz wrote:
“Other companies have announced that they won’t provide coverage for spouses; others are lobbying for the cut-off to be at 40 hours. But Starbucks will continue maintaining benefits for partners and won’t use the new law as excuse to cut benefits or lower benefits for its workers.”  
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/starbucks-wont-use-obamacare-as-excuse-to-cut-or-lower-benefits-for-workers/

So I guess I'm not alone in my assessment.

And finally. How is delaying the employer mandate "breaking the law"?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.    Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.  EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:15 am

The states it needs to be implemented by a certain time frame. Obama needs to go back to congress to delay it by law. Any changes to any law passed by congress and then signed by the president is the law of the land.

Give you an example. If a republican president signs a law stating that all cars will be electric by 2018 and the republican president says that is not feasible I am delaying that law for 2 years he cannot do it without asking congress.
Back to top Go down
justmemyselfandi

justmemyselfandi

PostSubject: Re: Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.    Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.  EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 7:55 pm

There is no greed more rampant than that of those wishing to share in the profits of another on the basis of them having more than you. Prosperity is not a right, it is a responsibility to oneself to work diligently to make the best you can of yourself and prove to others you are worthy of their patronage.

The affordable care act is not a health care reform, but a healthcare insurance reform that is backed by both the insurance and pharmaceutical companies, which will reap in substantial profits by it's commencement.

It is a nonviable program designed to channel the country inevitably into a single payer plan. It is the triumph of hope over substance it will fail or succeed according to the judgement of the American people.

I see no reason to demonize something before it gets here. but I also don't see any need to proclaim it a success before the fact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.    Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Retail Chain cuts hours and benefits.
Page 1 of 1