Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Will Obama start WWIII?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Will Obama start WWIII? Empty
PostSubject: Will Obama start WWIII?   Will Obama start WWIII? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 5:24 pm

With Russia providing arms to the Syrian government. Now Obama providing arms to the rebels. How is this going to play out? Proxy war? Or flat out all out war?

One thing is for sure. If Obama wants to get out of this economic funk we have been in for the last 5 years he will go to war. But I am betting on a proxy war.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Will Obama start WWIII?   Will Obama start WWIII? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:23 pm

He doesn't have the guts to fight a real war.
Back to top Go down
Samurai

Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Will Obama start WWIII?   Will Obama start WWIII? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:50 pm

eber322 wrote:
He doesn't have the guts to fight a real war.

Why would we want to fight a war when we don't have to?  He may not have the 'guts' to start another war but at least he has more intelligence than the previous schmuck to keep us out of one.  A theory I heard last week was for us to send some arms to the rebels to keep them in the fight long enough to get the assad regime to the bargaining table.  I don't know how well this will work but it's a helluva lot better than another war in the middle east.  Or anywhere for that matter.  I wouldn't even be opposed to airstrikes against military targets.  The biggest problem is who are the rebels really?  I'm sure the intelligence community has a better idea than we do but it has been well articulated.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Will Obama start WWIII?   Will Obama start WWIII? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:21 pm

I wouldn't even be opposed to airstrikes against military targets. wrote:
This is the problem. If Obama does air strikes does he really think that Russia is going to stand by? Russia will then air strike the rebels or all out war will break out.
I'm sure the intelligence community has a better idea than we do but it has been well articulated. wrote:
Yet no one in the United States trusts them now.
Back to top Go down
Samurai

Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Will Obama start WWIII?   Will Obama start WWIII? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:29 pm

Quote :
Pissoffvulcan wrote

I disagree.  I have no problem with the collection of metadata.  Wouldn't really have a problem if my phone calls or emails were being sifted through either.  In the case of terrorism I give the government a lot of leeway.  Whether it's international or domestic.  In the case of the NSA collecting metadata I don't see why people care.  They're not looking at specific people, only numbers.  If those numbers are connected to a specific target then they get a warrant for the specific user information and to get the content of calls.  I imagine the biggest reason are things like prepaid cells that aren't necessarily connected to a specific person.  Or calls that originate internationally and terminate in the U.S.  There are no constitutional issues because the metadata belongs to the phone companies and not the customers.  All they have to do is request the info from the phone companies.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Will Obama start WWIII?   Will Obama start WWIII? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Samurai wrote:
Quote :
Pissoffvulcan wrote

I disagree.  I have no problem with the collection of metadata.  Wouldn't really have a problem if my phone calls or emails were being sifted through either.  In the case of terrorism I give the government a lot of leeway.  Whether it's international or domestic.  In the case of the NSA collecting metadata I don't see why people care.  They're not looking at specific people, only numbers.  If those numbers are connected to a specific target then they get a warrant for the specific user information and to get the content of calls.  I imagine the biggest reason are things like prepaid cells that aren't necessarily connected to a specific person.  Or calls that originate internationally and terminate in the U.S.  There are no constitutional issues because the metadata belongs to the phone companies and not the customers.  All they have to do is request the info from the phone companies.
You maybe but more then 60 percent of America does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Obama start WWIII?   Will Obama start WWIII? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Obama start WWIII?
Page 1 of 1